Bangkok 2028 - Finalists Round 1

Bangkok 2028 Elimination Round 1  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Which Logo Should Win the Bangkok 2028 GamesBids Logo Contest?

Guys, let it rest. And a bit of respect for each other please.

Apart from a bit of enthusiasm by the supporters, We've had a remarkably bicker-free comp to now. As finalists try to stay above the fray.

Edited by Sir Rols
  • Like 2

I think at least with Danny's and Rob's logo you can see an effort in the creation. With C I'm just not a big fan of such design where the silhouette of a building is so directly implemented in the logo. It's just not creative at all.

• Like 2

I think at least with Danny's and Rob's logo you can see an effort in the creation. With C I'm just not a big fan of such design where the silhouette of a building is so directly implemented in the logo. It's just not creative at all.

I think to say something is "not creative at all" is rather mean spirited, no? Creativity is subjective. Frankly, I voted for C because I thought it was original and contemporary. It presented traditional Thai culture (the Gate, the lanterns) and icons in such a way that is dynamic and interesting. Furthermore the meaning behind the lanterns and the welcome gate are relevant to the Olympics - some of the other popular options perhaps cannot say the same, and just seem to rehash the same old Thai floral temple cliches.

This aside, they're all pretty good - and as someone else pointed out, it is interesting looking at Bangkok in this way, perhaps one of the major potential Olympic cities that remains quiet. I think when Bangkok actually does bid for the Olympics, it will be surprisingly very competitive.

• Like 1

You know all I really want to say is **** you. Don't you dare try to call someone not creative and bring them down because you're an asshole. He tried his absolute best and entered this competition. Seriously, if someone said that about a logo I designed I would feel like absolute crap. Don't ever try to bring someone down on this forum. You ought to apologize.

• Like 1

It's way too much of a stretch to say it's not creative at all but I can see where you're coming from. The style afiqnadzir and his brother use is creative and it's one that clearly a lot of people here like because they both get to finals in these comps (I wanted the Paris logo aismanggo designed last year to win over Davey's).

You're right to call out afiqnadzir on what he said about Danny's logo though - the influence of the Thai lotus pattern is screamingly obvious, I don't get how he can't see that, or whether he's being deliberately awkward. When you've got a style which you repeat (the translucent rectangles with a building cut out) and you use it in all logos comps, even if it is beautiful, it's not fair to call someone else out on their vision or concept. Seems like the competitiveness is boiling over more than anything.

But it is interesting, arguments aside, to see the different approaches to design even within our small group. Danny's is certainly more organic; he has an idea and he tries to get it down on paper and style follows substance. The logos from the two brothers start off with I suppose you could say a "house style" and work their design around that. Different starting points, but neither more valid than the other. :)

Edited by Rob.
  • Like 2

It's way too much of a stretch to say it's not creative at all but I can see where you're coming from. The style afiqnadzir and his brother use is creative and it's one that clearly a lot of people here like because they both get to finals in these comps (I wanted the Paris logo aismanggo designed last year to win over Davey's).

You're right to call out afiqnadzir on what he said about Danny's logo though - the influence of the Thai lotus pattern is screamingly obvious, I don't get how he can't see that, or whether he's being deliberately awkward. When you've got a style which you repeat (the translucent rectangles with a building cut out) and you use it in all logos comps, even if it is beautiful, it's not fair to call someone else out on their vision or concept. Seems like the competitiveness is boiling over more than anything.

But it is interesting, arguments aside, to see the different approaches to design even within our small group. Danny's is certainly more organic; he has an idea and he tries to get it down on paper and style follows substance. The logos from the two brothers start off with I suppose you could say a "house style" and work their design around that. Different starting points, but neither more valid than the other. :)

Rob put this much better than me, it's exactly how I felt. Ok maybe it's a bit too much to say it is not creative AT ALL. Just that I don't find that logo particularly creative in terms of execution and concept. Not the kind of creativity I admire anyway. Chill guys. Everyone has an opinion.

Well I understand the city well so off course I am. At least I am not going to be stupid enough to keep posting in every thread or to keep commenting after getting attacked for the pure stupidity of posts. I'll preach my opinion about you: You are an uneducated dumb as* that needs to stop posting here.

Not sure who is who but here are my opinions of the five:

a) I like, but the bottom stand type thing seems off too me.

B) Solid logo, the font though could be changed.

c) The graphics are good but it doesn't scream Bangkok to me.

d) I think this is the one to beat.

e) More colour would have helped.

After that comment, I think you are uneducated. I didn't bad mouth you, I was stating a fact that you comment alot about Toronto. Did I say it was bad? No. So I suggest you stop teeling me that I need to stop posting here, as I have the same rights as you to post. Now either grow up and stop sulking, or keep your bad opinions to yourself.

• Like 1

After that comment, I think you are uneducated. I didn't bad mouth you, I was stating a fact that you comment alot about Toronto. Did I say it was bad? No. So I suggest you stop teeling me that I need to stop posting here, as I have the same rights as you to post. Now either grow up and stop sulking, or keep your bad opinions to yourself.

Telling*

My comment-

A-great effort but it will look better if he use the spiral pattern as his main idea and forget the flame

B-simple and direct but the colour a little bit dull.if he use more vibrant colour it will look great!

C-one of my fav but i cannot vote for him,i like the idea and the execution.the colour choice was fantastic and the idea of a welcoming gate,lantern festival is genius!it was a bold and strong logo.

D-nice logo ,good execution,but it look more to festival type of logo,maybe because of the color was too many and the design was too fancy..the typo on the logo is not suitable,supposed to look bold and strong, easy to be read and not too fancy

You're right to call out afiqnadzir on what he said about Danny's logo though - the influence of the Thai lotus pattern is screamingly obvious, I don't get how he can't see that, or whether he's being deliberately awkward. When you've got a style which you repeat (the translucent rectangles with a building cut out) and you use it in all logos comps, even if it is beautiful, it's not fair to call someone else out on their vision or concept. :)

i see a lotus concept. .but it is not in thai pattern or thai traditional motif..as it is also common in indian,veitnam and sri langka..actualy i dont like to pointing at people work...i just try to relate to danny comment about my lantern.. Edited by afiqnadzir

I apoligise to the rest for this but @Intoronto. How dare you call me uneducated. I did not bad mouth you in any way, and you go and say that. My point was you are passionate about Toronto, like I'm as equally passionate about London. I have no problem with you, but you have taken some dislike to me. I was a bit over the top at the start, but I have calmed down, as you see on Today's Posts. I don't bully or discriminate and I don't DELIBERATELY spam. Honestly, I am on this forums to try and contribute, as I have simiilar interests as all of you. I love sporting events and Bidding Processes, and I am here also to meet new people and make friends. If you dislike me for any reason, just PM me and we can sort it, or just ignore me. If I did upset you, then I am sorry. But don't right stuff like that here. Thanks, and sorry everybody else. Now back to topic. I think all the Logo's have there reasons for winning, and all deserve recognition.

I apoligise to the rest for this but @Intoronto. How dare you call me uneducated. I did not bad mouth you in any way, and you go and say that. My point was you are passionate about Toronto, like I'm as equally passionate about London. I have no problem with you, but you have taken some dislike to me. I was a bit over the top at the start, but I have calmed down, as you see on Today's Posts. I don't bully or discriminate and I don't DELIBERATELY spam. Honestly, I am on this forums to try and contribute, as I have simiilar interests as all of you. I love sporting events and Bidding Processes, and I am here also to meet new people and make friends. If you dislike me for any reason, just PM me and we can sort it, or just ignore me. If I did upset you, then I am sorry. But don't right stuff like that here. Thanks, and sorry everybody else. Now back to topic. I think all the Logo's have there reasons for winning, and all deserve recognition.

Write*

i see a lotus concept. .but it is not in thai pattern or thai traditional motif..as it is also common in indian,veitnam and sri langka..actualy i dont like to pointing at people work...i just try to relate to danny comment about my lantern..

I didn't make any comment on your latern or about any comeptitor logo. It's about ethics to me: to not comment about other logos.

Still, if you check my votes on the shortlist voting, you'll be surprised I only voted for you and your brother.

Anyway, if you think warming up the thread is something nice for your marketing, be my guest. I'm really not interested on it.

Edited by DannyelBrazil