Bangkok 2028 Short List Poll  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Which logos (choose up to 5) should make it to the final rounds of the Bangkok 2028 GamesBids Logo Competition?

D, H, K, L.

I picked the ones that appealed more to me. I thought I had five already, turns out I only had four, so my fifth vote is for A.

I wish I could have voted for F, but rules are rules...

my logo called "gate of the light" inspired from these 3 element

the gate- the giant swing is a symbolic of sacred and as a prominent landmark which welcoming the world

the flame- spirit and passion

the lantern- celebration of color,happiness and prosperity in the land of elephant

7nd0.jpg00rd.jpg
kebs.jpg

the lantern- celebration of color,happiness and prosperity in the land of elephant

I voted for logo I. This was because i know what it is like to be a newbie in these comps (albeit 7 years ago) and not have the technical skills or programs to turn my ideas into what i want. I can see what he was trying to do with the logo but was not able to produce it into the professional looking manner that alot do.

In time he will improve and his logos will get better, just like i hope mines have done over the years.

Thats why i decided to give him a chance, and vote for his effort, enthusiasm and participation.

everyone who participant in this competition do have effort, enthusiasm and participation.not just a newbie.. just my2cent

I did not imply that everyone else does not have that same effort, enthusiasm or participation. The guy had 0 votes and i think that he deserved more than that for his efforts.

everyone who participant in this competition do have effort, enthusiasm and participation.not just a newbie.. just my2cent

I say it every year - everyone who enters is incredibly brave to put their creative efforts up for judgement and comment. I always admire all entrants for having the gumption to enter - and I do hope that voters try to look beyond mere execution to appreciate the ideas behind the logos.

I did not imply that everyone else does not have that same effort, enthusiasm or participation. The guy had 0 votes and i think that he deserved more than that for his efforts.

i know u didn't mean that, but if effort & enthusiasm is your criteria of judging.. you should vote for everyone :)..everyone done a good job!

i know u didn't mean that, but if effort & enthusiasm is your criteria of judging.. you should vote for everyone :)..everyone done a good job!

Yeah they did, but only one person had zero votes.

Thanks Scotguy.

I voted for logo I. This was because i know what it is like to be a newbie in these comps (albeit 7 years ago) and not have the technical skills or programs to turn my ideas into what i want. I can see what he was trying to do with the logo but was not able to produce it into the professional looking manner that alot do.

In time he will improve and his logos will get better, just like i hope mines have done over the years.

Thats why i decided to give him a chance, and vote for his effort, enthusiasm and participation.

Fair enough, and good on you.

I prefer not to go down that path myself (I never look at number of votes a logo already has before I vote and actually I'm unsure who designed two of the logos I voted for!!).

That said, I will give some leeway if I think the concept is good enough. A good concept with a slightly messy execution is better than a poor concept which has a professional quality to it.

I'm stumped Davey, I thought yours would've been a contender, let alone making the shortlist.

I don't think u know anything.

His timing was off. If he really hadn't come on like pushy Gangbusters so quickly, I think he may have picked up a vote or two. But Tony E is a joker. He just threw that thing together. And he's just here to rile everyone despite the "I am a 16-year old from London" act. "James" was another "16-year old from Abuja." I wonder what part of the Commonwealth we'll be seeing the "16-year old" appear again next -- Singapore? Canberra? Saskatchewan?? :lol:

i actually haven't had time to do a proper review of these logos because these days i'm in the middle of a very intense reese witherspoon movie marathon so all i'm doing is eating and breathing and sometimes drinking reese. but i voted for C, D, E, K, & L.

C: it reminds me of one of those hurricane maps that swirl around places about to be storm ravaged -- what do they call them over there, typhoons? isn’t it weird that there are two names for the exact same natural phenomenon but for different parts of the world? what’s the difference between a tornado and a cyclone? el nino and la nina? see, nobody knows. it’s also red. also, i love kickboxing. remember when the cuban tae-kwon do athlete kicked the ref in the head? i can never resist a thread where i get to bring that up. maybe this guy’s kicking a ref, too. also, cool font. also, i love sassy reese. in every movie a MAN thinks she's this tiny, helpless thing and gets all condescending and then she verbally kickboxes him to the floor. reese witherspoon movie this reminds me of: freeway, 1996.

D: okay, when did anthony go and change it from the shotput guy? i loved that logo. you know why? because anthony made him anatomically correct and gave him a big ol' purple D. i had lots of jokes about that. now we have an elephant and a temple. hm. should have stuck with the purple D, anthony, and cleaned up the gay vote. also, it almost lost my vote because of gradients, which elle woods from legally blonde, 2001, as played by reese witherspoon, would call "seriously deranged." reese witherspoon movie this reminds me of: water for elephants, 2011.

E. this is a very cool effort. i love the five flowers. wait, there are six. one, two three, four, five, six, seven. okay, seven. oh, seven! you know what threw me off? there are only six dots. the first blue doesn't get a dot. sucks to be you. reese witherspoon movie this reminds me of: pleasantville, 1998.

K: i want to punish danny for being a baby for sassing me and for, well, everything, but i also want to go watch sweet home alabama, 2002, so i'm going to let it go and turn the other cheek, more or less, until i feel like taking it out on you, much like reese witherspoon as annette hargrove in cruel intentions, 1999. you better watch it, sarah michelle, because i will publish your notebook and steal your brother's jaguar. anyway, we're all agreed this is the clear winner right? best logo, gorgeous, fun, sexy, very reese. reese would love it. well, reese would get drunk, tell you she's pregnant and has to pee, then ask if you know who she is because you're about to be on national news. elle woods would love it. reese witherspoon movie this reminds me of: legally blonde 2: red, white, and blonde, 2003.

L: tossup between this and A for my last vote. i like A too because it looks like a muppet from sesame street, or muppets take manhattan starring well, brooke shields because reese was too young. i don't really like triptychs though. so hard to find the right wall space for them. i think this would look good in glass though. that's the right medium for it. so cafepress some paperweights with this logo and send it out to all the voters and i think you'd do a lot better. reese witherspoon movie this reminds me of: best laid plans, 1999.

i'm in the middle of a very intense reese witherspoon movie marathon

I vote Sweet Home Alabama.

___

This poll is now closed.

I discounted the votes from: rypyor03 & luan (not satisfied of their bona fides); and DannyelBrazil’s and baron-pierreIV’s own votes (their others are valid). I’ve assigned nemo’s extra posted vote, and swapped one vote as requested by Olympicfan97.

The end tally was:

A: 22*

B: 3

C: 6

D: 17

E: 24*

F: 3

G: 3

H: 28*

I: 1

J: 2

K: 33*