Bangkok 2028 Short List Poll  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Which logos (choose up to 5) should make it to the final rounds of the Bangkok 2028 GamesBids Logo Competition?

dfr6.jpg

Thanks to Peter the Elephant for that masterful tribute to the works of the late, great Henry Mancini!

Welcome to Koh Samui, Thailand, for the Red Carpet introduction to the Bangkok 2028 Shortlist voting round of the 7th Annual GamesBids Logo Comp!
 Hope there’s not too many blurry heads and weak stomachs from the festivities, and tacos, in Toronto here this morning. We’ve got a long pachyderm trek ahead of us.

n9bl.jpg

Thanks to all the members who have entered designs for the Bangkok 2028 Summer Olympic Games – we’ve sure got a rainbow spectrum of colours in those entries to choose from. There’s enough hues in those designs to turn Putin pink with envy.

We have one extra entrant in the field above from those published in the original start-of-competition competition thread. aismanggo sent it in to be unveiled in the short list vote. I have also posted a bigger version of it in that original thread.

Our task now is to winnow the field down to five to progress to the elimination rounds to choose our Gold, Silver and Bronze winners.

I ask everyone to select the logos they feel best represent Bangkok and Thailand as they step into the world spotlight. You may consider factors such as originality, boldness, attractiveness, execution, concept, or whatever other points you feel are important, in your decisions.

Voting rules are:

• Post your nominations for the shortlist of member's logos from the selections above.
  • Post your nominations for the shortlist of UP TO FIVE (5) member's logos from the selections above.
  • You may vote for less than five, but if you post more than five selections your post will not be counted.
  • You MAY NOT vote for your own logo. And votes for a known relative’s logo will not be counted (it would only cause bad blood in the voting).
  • All selections nominated will be weighted equally - you need not place your preferences in order.
  • You MAY post your reasons for your decisions, but try to be respectful please.
  • Voting will last approximately 24 hours. The poll will close after 7am Thursday January 9 2014, Sydney time (8pm January 8 GMT). After this time, the votes will be collated, and the top five logos in terms of votes will proceed to the first elimination poll round.
  • In the event of a tie for fifth (or higher) place giving us more than five logos, all tied logos will also move on to the elimination rounds.
  • Voting is limited to members of GamesBids as of December 31, 2013 with a bona fide posting history. The judge's (my) decision on what constitutes bona fide, and the validity of votes, is final. I'll also make up any other rulings on the fly if necessary.
  • I will vote in this round.

Kob Kun Krab and good luck to all our entrants.

And remember, this is all meant to be fun. Play fair! No spilling blood on the King’s Carpet please.

Rols, u've already put it in...but mine wasn't an official entry. Notice I didn't even put in the 5 rings. It was just a madcap inspiration of the moment -- not intended to be competed against.

Bach's on my back to make the entrant numbers look good again in the post-poll press release!!! :unsure:

You know, I was almost going to PM you yesterday to ask if you minded if I didn't include it - it was hard to fit into the Hollywood Squares. But it wouldn't be a comp without a left of field Baron entry. I'll add rings if you make it through to the next round.

A E H J K good luck ;)!

A: This looks like a lantern floated on a river of Thailand. Pink of lotus,red of Thai flag and yellow flame of lantern reminds me of Olympic flame.

E: I like the font for "BANGKOK",lovely. And 7 petals.

H: This is very modern. Artistic. This may upset other options.

J: Voted for my friend.

K: Very good.

D E F K

Logo D: Not much to say, an elephant and a temple....to the point, nice colours and subtle grades. I quite like the typeface on this logo too

Logo E: A very tradtional looking logo with floral tones and people in a circle....following in the footsteps of Manchester and Rio on the one hand and Nagano on the other. Nice balance to it as well.

Logo F: Perhaps not the best executed of the bunch, but you certainly get a feel for the locale; a very Asian logo and the sun respresenting the Summer Olympics. Yep, it works.

Logo K: The logo is good, but this gets my nomination purely because of the effort that's gone into the typeface, which is beautiful.

Logo K: The logo is good, but this gets my nomination purely because of the effort that's gone into the typeface, which is beautiful.

Thank you Rob again.

The concept of my logo is "Embrace".

More than hugs, you can see Thailand growing in the horizon with their beautiful architecture, by using a stylized verison of the national flower of the country - the flower is repeated to give action/sports feeling to it.

The font (totally made by me) resembles the talented hand work Thailandese people is known for.

The logo wants to show a link of this fascinating emerging country with the world.

:)

My votes:

A: I like this even better with the pink background in Rob's sig.

C: I think this is being under-rated in the votes. It looks the most "Thai" to me - like a real Bangkok streets sports poster. And I like how Davey's eschewed the broader palette and gone with the flag colours.

D. I'm glad I could vote at least one elephant through.

K. Yeah, my favourite font of the field.

L. Very slickly executed.

A slightly better batch than the Toronto ones. My main comment among the 3 I'm sort of leaning to is...there is too much height. Good logos should be compact, able to fit in a traditional, squarish "postage-stamp field of ratio." But so far, none excites me enuf to make me want to run to my fave Thai restaurant. ;)

Bach's on my back to make the entrant numbers look good again in the post-poll press release!!! :unsure:

You know, I was almost going to PM you yesterday to ask if you minded if I didn't include it - it was hard to fit into the Hollywood Squares. But it wouldn't be a comp without a left of field Baron entry. I'll add rings if you make it through to the next round.

OK, maybe I'll win the Best Unofficial Logo category!! :lol:

Archived