Toronto 2026 Elimination Round 3  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Which Logo Should Win the Toronto 2026 GamesBids Logo Contest?

To be fair to that logo, those two buildings beside the CN Tower give the logo the shape of a maple leaf and also give definition to the features of the CN Tower. So I can see why it's shaped that way.

But A looks more Olympic-y. Someone else brought it up before, that B looks like a logo that NBC would use. Gotta go with A at this point.

I suppose so yes! But idk it gives a vibe of being a part of the skyline.

Final vote for A, because there's more spirit and personality. Good luck Danny!

People are seeing the light!

hallelujah.gif

To be fair to that logo, those two buildings beside the CN Tower give the logo the shape of a maple leaf and also give definition to the features of the CN Tower. So I can see why it's shaped that way.

But A looks more Olympic-y. Someone else brought it up before, that B looks like a logo that NBC would use. Gotta go with A at this point.

Thank you guys for the kind words about my entry. :)

• Like 2

IMO I prefer a, if only because it is very cohesive. The whole design has a very specific identity and it could lend itself to some great look elements. The one thing in my eyes that detracts from A is the rough appearance. I realise of course that it wouldn't work without it, but to me it makes it look a bit amateur. Despite this, it's clearly the better logo.

Good luck to both of you!

IMO I prefer a, if only because it is very cohesive. The whole design has a very specific identity and it could lend itself to some great look elements. The one thing in my eyes that detracts from A is the rough appearance. I realise of course that it wouldn't work without it, but to me it makes it look a bit amateur. Despite this, it's clearly the better logo.

Good luck to both of you!

The rough appearance is on purpose, since the objective was to have a ski-drawn looking. I think it's impossible to do perfect drawings in the snow.

Oh god. A has nothing from Toronto. Something from Toronto is better than nothing. B is what I voted for. Clearly defines Toronto for me. Everyone knows what the logo is you're just being bloody stubborn.

Actually, the "T" and the blue colour are indirect references to the city.

The flag of the city of Toronto, which I used as reference (indeed in the T) says a lot about my logo...

torontoflag.jpg

2006_5_23torontoflag.jpg

The rough appearance is on purpose, since the objective was to have a ski-drawn looking. I think it's impossible to do perfect drawings in the snow.

Actually, the "T" and the blue colour are indirect references to the city.

The flag of the city of Toronto, which I used as reference (indeed in the T) says a lot about my logo...

torontoflag.jpg

2006_5_23torontoflag.jpg

Which T sorry? The T in the Toronto writing? Or is there a T in the logo?

Which T sorry? The T in the Toronto writing? Or is there a T in the logo?

The T in the Logo (is the "base" of the flower bouquet) and the T in Toronto's flag...

outlinedt_zpsbc11b6e4.jpg

Edited by DannyelBrazil

To be fair, those snow paintings would be very rough and have the same appearance as Danny's logo, albeit they look smooth precisely because the camera's angles is much farther away. Hence, one cannot distinguish the roughness of the drawing.

I like your logo more and more Danny. :D

Based on the previous round which has the 3 logos.

3 people who voted for Danny's are yet to vote. 5 people who voted for Aismanggo's are yet to vote. And then 4 people who voted for alphacarters are also still to vote. Although I think a couple said they aren't going to vote.

Still could go either way. This could be interesting :o

Oh god. A has nothing from Toronto. Something from Toronto is better than nothing. B is what I voted for. Clearly defines Toronto for me. Everyone knows what the logo is you're just being bloody stubborn.

How am i being stubborn when I am trying to point out an obvious mistake? :rolleyes:

Cool, I never even realized the T. Good job and design. Wasn't paying you out earlier.

Thank you! =]

To be fair, those snow paintings would be very rough and have the same appearance as Danny's logo, albeit they look smooth precisely because the camera's angles is much farther away. Hence, one cannot distinguish the roughness of the drawing.

I like your logo more and more Danny. :D

Well, I'm not very used to snow - actually never been in a snowy place, so... All I got was ski references in Google and used a pencil in Illustrator that looked like ski-marks.

Somehow I do think Winter Games look must have something "wintered"... That was my approach

How am i being stubborn when I am trying to point out an obvious mistake? :rolleyes:

Argh i'm so over you. Keep trying to demean Logo B all you want. I hope it wins. And at the current standings, it seems the majority do too. They probably understand that it is part of the design but you just don't want to get that do you? But you know hey whatever, that's your opinion.

That's the last time i'm replying to you on this issue.

One last thing, everytime I brought up Danny's design and said something negative, I ALWAYS made it clear that his design was amazing and that I wasn't trying to make him feel bad yet it seems whenever you comment you just try to discredit logo B.

Why the fact that B doesn't represent Toronto's buildings very actually for you is so controversial to you? For me this is a comp of designing,imaging and art,not to compete how accurately draw the city or the country and its symbols or iconic stuffs. B)

Voted for A after seeing that it related to Toronto with the T. Very difficult choice between them though, & I don't like changing my vote but oh well. Good luck both!

Thank you very much.

I have to asy B is a very very good logo, the idea, the concept, and the execution of the logo is a top notch, but i choose A over B, because this competition is about logo for olympic games, and A geve a more olympic feel than B, B will be a very cool logo for a website or a game based on the toronto :), anyway, both logos are greats logo, maybe we need to take Baron's recommendation about both logo become a join-winner :)

• Like 1

Argh i'm so over you. Keep trying to demean Logo B all you want. I hope it wins. And at the current standings, it seems the majority do too. They probably understand that it is part of the design but you just don't want to get that do you? But you know hey whatever, that's your opinion.

That's the last time i'm replying to you on this issue.

One last thing, everytime I brought up Danny's design and said something negative, I ALWAYS made it clear that his design was amazing and that I wasn't trying to make him feel bad yet it seems whenever you comment you just try to discredit logo B.

B i s a visually stunning logo, however I can't get over its false misinterpretation of the city's skyline. It would be like adding the Oriental tower in Tokyo's logo for example. It just doesn't work.

On the other hand Danny's logo incorporates elements of Toronto into it and also has a strong design. Its clearly the better logo of the two for me.

Why the fact that B doesn't represent Toronto's buildings very actually for you is so controversial to you?

I don't understand your English.

B i s a visually stunning logo, however I can't get over its false misinterpretation of the city's skyline. It would be like adding the Oriental tower in Tokyo's logo for example. It just doesn't work.

On the other hand Danny's logo incorporates elements of Toronto into it and also has a strong design. Its clearly the better logo of the two for me.

I don't understand your English.

Just to add in, not having a go, but Palette86 uses a translator because she is Japanese and can't fluently speak English like me and you. So take consideration please. Thanks.

• Like 1