Toronto 2026 Short List Vote

Toronto 2026 Short List Poll  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Which logos (choose up to 5) should make it to the final rounds of the Toronto 2026 GamesBids Logo Competition?

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

TALLYING OF THIS POLL IS CLOSED

The end tally left us with a clear final five - C, D, E, M & N. It was close, though. By my reckoning this morning Mr Bernham’s B was through… just. By the afternoon and poll close, Scotguy’s drew level and pulled ahead to claim sixth spot – Good on you! You kept up your run of making the finals! Kevzz’s J lost two votes disqualified as per above, but gained one also. That still left it tantalizingly just out of the final. There were a handful of others who were also within one or two points of making it, but just missed out.

No one got an absolute majority do we move on to elimination rounds.

Oh, I appreciate the idea. After all, this is just for fun, right? I tried to come up with a concept myself and couldn't. One reason is because I'm no designer. The other is that I wanted to do something that said Toronto but was really different - no maple leaf snowflake made out of Ts and Os! But every doodle ended up being a maple leaf snowflake made out Ts and Os. LOL! :D

I'll have ONE vote - J. It's really a weak field and no NEW, INGENIOUS ways to present the tired old maple leaf theme. Nothing really grabs me. And I don't understand the "TO26"? Why the shorthand? I find that very presumptuous for the viewer to be expected to immediately know that that's Toronto 2026?? Never presume.

Hopefully, the Bangkok line-up will be more promising.

That's basically why I decided not to voted. Nothing incited sufficient passion.

Archived