New Yeards Resolutions

With 2014 just around the corner what are your New Years Resolutions and Goals for 2014?

For me I am starting a new job outside of Parliament so that will be my focus. Another goal is to train up to running a half marathon by the end of the year. I am running at 10km in February.

Happy New Year to you all!

My most important resolutions or goals in the new year are to find love - and to get an unlimited work contract in my current job. If those two things happen in 2014 and all other good things in my life stay, I can probably call myself one of the happiest people in the world. That's ambitious, I know - but I simply hope (and am fairly confident) that love will finally come also for me. And the unlimited work contract is quite probable to happen.

My resolutions for the next,new year are;Try to go to Tokyo when I have free time and take shots of Tokyo as many as possible.The pictures of the places related to TOKYO 2020. Improve and learn English again by reading my old penguin books. Do some exercise.

This comming year I intend to carry on with life improvement. Like Michael, I have become addicted to running and am hoping to improve on my time in my favorite event, Taupo Half Marathon.

Its also Election Year in NZ and I will be helping our current MP retain his seat in what is usually a Bellweather city, Hamilton (West). Im expecting the current administration to remain in power but could lose a few. I have optimisim that the country will continue to recover and make gains on its fast growing economy...hoping there are plans to host a major eventi the near future.

Yes election year will be a big one in New Zealand. Tim Macindoe is a really good guy and should be re-elected in Hamilton West. Ill be out helping Jo Goodhew (Old Boss) and Chester Borrows during the campaign.

My most important resolutions or goals in the new year are to find love

yes, me too.

move to LA, i'm a down-and-out journalist, too, so we can make no money together. i'll teach you how to be funny and kill at parties. i'll teach you how to speak english. my rates are very affordable.

Not a resolution, but hopefully by the end of January I'll be able to see properly again. Stupid eyes. :angry:

It is a resolution because you want to improve your life. I want to improve mine. Always room for improvement.

Not a resolution, but hopefully by the end of January I'll be able to see properly again. Stupid eyes. :angry:

:D Oh well Rob, when you were young they did say you'd go blind doing it all the time! :P

yes, me too.

move to LA, i'm a down-and-out journalist, too, so we can make no money together. i'll teach you how to be funny and kill at parties. i'll teach you how to speak english. my rates are very affordable.

Haha, thank you - as tempting as it may be, I'm afraid I have to say no and try to learn English by my own dilettantish method. ;)

Haha, thank you - as tempting as it may be, I'm afraid I have to say no and try to learn English by my own dilettantish method. ;)

From what I can tell you speak English most excellently. Much better than I am at any foreign language I've studied.

2013 was a much better year for me than 2012. After struggling to find a decent career related job when I graduated just before the recession started in 2008, coming up on Jan 15 I will finally be able to put on my resume one full year of work in my field. Still not sure if I will stick with my current company as we are currently in a make or break period - the first quarter of 2014 will be interesting for sure. Might go fishing with my resume and see if it attracts something better just for the heck of it. So that's one resolution.

Living a healthy lifestyle is another one. Notice I didn't put weight loss. Getting in shape is more than being like the rest of the idiots that flood the gyms in the new year. In August i significantly reduced my sugar intake and it feels great. Will be learning to cook healthier in the new year and hoping to do more physical activities that I enjoy - swimming, snow-shoeing, skiing, x-country skiing, cycling, hiking etc. Right now it's pretty much a time management issue - to see what happens with the current job, or if I get a new job. Either way, I'm in a much better position than I was a year ago.

And I guess another resolution is to work on my relationship. Met a great girl in October thru chatting away on Match.com since the beginning of July. Even though I was born in Canada, we both have european roots and we share the same outdoor interests. Funny thing is I've been so busy with the new job and she keeps herself busy with volunteering, we've only been able to meet-up once every weekend. But can't wait to hit the mountains with her in January for skiing and snow-shoeing.

So 2013 was a great year, and I'm thinking 2014 will be a fantastic year! Happy New Year everyone! Looking forward to another Olympic year!

Forgot to add one resolution I've been slowly fulfilling but want to continue in 2014... get rid of unused crap I no longer need! Been going thru a bunch of my junk thru the fall but I got to get rid of more stuff, or rent a storage.

Thanks a lot, alphacarter, for the compliment! And great for you, SkiFreak, that 2013 has been such a good year for you! I can claim the same for me, even if the year also had the occasional ups and downs as every year. But it brought a lot of new great things - and I hope for even greater things (as stated above) in the new year!

Thanks a lot, alphacarter, for the compliment! And great for you, SkiFreak, that 2013 has been such a good year for you! I can claim the same for me, even if the year also had the occasional ups and downs as every year. But it brought a lot of new great things - and I hope for even greater things (as stated above) in the new year

i was jk, like usual. you speak great english--better than my french, which has dramatically declined over the past few years.

my resolution is to read the whole bible, because i feel like i'm missing a lot of references all the time. the bible's practically comes after shakespeare and slightly ahead of the beatles when it comes to everyday references in the english speaking world.

two years ago i read the book of mormon in the library until my knees ached and it was really boring.

Archived