2023 Pan American Games

Tatsh

Yeah but int, I think the issue would be competitiveness. The field would be very watered down and USA and Canada would probably still win all the medals.

I guess. But look at the Pan American hockey championships a few weeks back. Winter sports is growing (albeit slowly) in these countries.

Those were held by Edwin Edwards, one of the most corrupt governors in that states history.

Which is a difficult accomplishment . . .

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/the_big_idea/2008/12/political_corruption_smackdown.html

I think New Orleans will have to overcome many problems as well, such as crime and infrastructure.

I wish I could disagree. The good news is that they have enough hotels. (33,500) They also have plenty of areas in need of regeneration and a several of the biggest and most expensive venues in place.

If they can host Super Bowl (lights were turned of on purpose), Wreslemania, Final 4, NBA All Star Game and not have problems they can host this

There are 106 players on the roster for the Super Bowl teams and 6,000 for the Pan American Games. The Super Bowl takes place in one existing stadium, while the Pan American Games require 30-38 venues, many of which will have to be built. The Super Bowl gets way higher TV ratings, but the number of athletes and the amount of infrastructure required is nowhere close.

• 3 weeks later...

There are 106 players on the roster for the Super Bowl teams and 6,000 for the Pan American Games. The Super Bowl takes place in one existing stadium, while the Pan American Games require 30-38 venues, many of which will have to be built. The Super Bowl gets way higher TV ratings, but the number of athletes and the amount of infrastructure required is nowhere close.

If we actually look at New Orleans it has 70% of the venues, looking at the Baton Rouge New Orleans you have 90%. New Orleans & Baton Rouge hosting together makes sense and works (they are roughly an hour apart, and a high-speed commuter rail is being talked about which would shorten the trip even more.)

In addition to all of this Louisiana is now the film capital of the world, Baton Rouge is reinventing it'self and becoming a more dense, and intriguing urban area. The city is also at the heart of the LA film industry with the states largest studios within the city or ten minutes away from official limits. It is also home to IBM and a few interesting developments, along with two state colleges (LSU being the most prominent). Hosting the games would be a natural step for this rising city, and only natural for New Orleans.

How is LA the new flim capitol of the world it makes no sense to me

In a recent study by a Los Angeles Film Organization, Louisiana made more films than California and Canada. As of 2013 the state (Louisiana) is largest maker of films in the world. It's all because of tax cuts...

hmm I wonder which Movies

(This is list from the past few years, and the most notable films and shows)

1. 12 Years a Slave
  2. Oblivion
  3. Fantastic Four
  4. Pitch Perfect
  5. Dallas Buyers Club
  6. Bonnie and Clyde
  7. 21 Jump Street
  8. Abraham Lincoln Vampire Slayer
  9. Battle Los Angeles (more was shot in Louisiana than LA)
  10. Battleship
  11. Because of Winn Dixie
  12. Django Unchained
  13. Dukes of Hazard
  14. G.I. Joe: Retaliation
  15. Jurassic Park 4 (Jurassic World)
  16. Left Behind (2014 re-boot)
  17. Olympus Has Fallen
  18. Steel Magnolias
  19. Texas Chainsaw
  20. Vampires Suck
  21. Maze Runner
  22. Top Chef
  23. Who Do You Think You Are
  24. The Host
  25. Beautiful Creatures
  26. True Blood,

There are more even more being filmed now and expected for next year, I felt this list was long enough though.

• 5 weeks later...

Speaking of this bid, exciting news from Baton Rouge today, Smith has released the bids preliminary logo on Urban Planet.

"Today I am very proud to unveil the new logo for the NOLA bid! The logo was designed by a Montana teen and recently finalized. The logo's shape is meant to reflect the shape of a ball, which represents the sport. The river shown in the center of the ball represents Lake Pontchartrain and the Mississippi River. Finally the red stripe represents Baton Rouge, while the green is symbolic of Louisiana culture."

The logo:

10cixkl.png

This is terrible.

It looks like an anti-LA Olympic group. And the image is indecipherable.

• Like 1

Speaking of this bid, exciting news from Baton Rouge today, Smith has released the bids preliminary logo on Urban Planet.

"Today I am very proud to unveil the new logo for the NOLA bid! The logo was designed by a Montana teen and recently finalized. The logo's shape is meant to reflect the shape of a ball, which represents the sport. The river shown in the center of the ball represents Lake Pontchartrain and the Mississippi River. Finally the red stripe represents Baton Rouge, while the green is symbolic of Louisiana culture."

The logo:

10cixkl.png

The odd shaping of the green part bothers me.

and the blue and yellow part looks like a mugshot of a pigs bottom