2023 Pan American Games

Tatsh

• 3 weeks later...

NEW ORLEANS 2023 BID COMMITTEE FORMED

"Baton Rouge, LA local Alexander Smith, has announced intentions to form a New Orleans bid committee, which will evaluate and piece together a possible New Orleans/Baton Rouge Pan American bid. Earlier this week on the Urban Planet BR Forums he announced this project and has recently announced his plans to create a committee. http://www.urbanplanet.org/forums/index.php/topic/116359-brnola-2023-pan-american-games/ "

Interesting to see how this will unfold...

• 2 weeks later...

The problem with the USOC and the US in general is the lack of TV coverage of the Pan Ams, therefore not gathering enough interest from the local population. If there was more awareness, it would be a perfect event for a mid sized US city to host every couple of cycles.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I love the idea of many cities been mentioned here before could host the Pan-Am Games. Whether it is Panama City (which has the potential to host and a regional new frontier), Miami or New Orleans, all of them seem spectacular and good choices to increase importance to these continental games after Rio, Guadalajara, Toronto and Lima with their very unique cultures and locations.

I must admit that New Orleans looks exciting for all its Cajun and French, African and Caribbean, Southern US and Native American mix of cultures that the 2023 would be special and unforgettable.

Speaking of this bid, exciting news from Baton Rouge today, Smith has released the bids preliminary logo on Urban Planet.

"Today I am very proud to unveil the new logo for the NOLA bid! The logo was designed by a Montana teen and recently finalized. The logo's shape is meant to reflect the shape of a ball, which represents the sport. The river shown in the center of the ball represents Lake Pontchartrain and the Mississippi River. Finally the red stripe represents Baton Rouge, while the green is symbolic of Louisiana culture."

The logo:

10cixkl.png

Speaking of this bid, exciting news from Baton Rouge today, Smith has released the bids preliminary logo on Urban Planet.

"Today I am very proud to unveil the new logo for the NOLA bid! The logo was designed by a Montana teen and recently finalized. The logo's shape is meant to reflect the shape of a ball, which represents the sport. The river shown in the center of the ball represents Lake Pontchartrain and the Mississippi River. Finally the red stripe represents Baton Rouge, while the green is symbolic of Louisiana culture."

The logo:10cixkl.png

what does nola stands for???

^

Your right, I guess in this case they should call it NOBR considering that venues are split between New Orleans and Baton Rouge. Why do I have the feeling that the whole NO is going to be a goldmine for opposition?

@ Tony, Santiago would be cool, but the last time the US hosted was in 1987, last minute too. That could give NOLA's bid some good leverage.

That's very ironic! And while Santiago certainly deserves their time to shine, so does New Orleans; you wanna talk about regeneration? I'm sure a New Orleans bid will play the Katrina card. And you also have the fact that the US is such a big nation with a huge market, if done right; New Orleans hosting could garner the attention of the US and grow the Pan Ams influence within the states.

When does the Bidding Process 'Officially' begin for the 2023 Pan American Games. Also, I believe it would be a good idea if they done a Winter Pan American Games aswell.

Edit (When does the Bidding Process 'Officially begin for the 2023 Pan American Games)?

Tony are you crazy? Like only four nations could compete. This also goes hand in hand with what we have been saying about doing more research before you write. They tried a Winters Games in 1990 and it was a flop, after those winter games Santiago was set to host, but due to the low participation and turn out it was cancelled. So no there will never be a Winter Pan-Ams again.

Pan Am Winter Games are not possible. After they cancelled to host the Winter Pan Am, no other try was done, and I think it has no sense to do it. Only could compete Canada, USA in the north.... any country in Central America (Jamaica may be) and Argentina and Chile in the south... No future can be found on those games...

About 2023 Pan Ams, the Sport Minister in Chile has stated that Chile could bid again for the Pan Ams with Santiago. After the organization of the South American Games, which were a success in terms of public (nobody expected that people could catch such attention) now they are talking about of giving another try. This time, she said, Santiago can bid "with humble and with caution, following step by step"... The 2019 bid, which Santiago strongly lost against Lima, was overcritized for the arogant attitude they took. Now with an organizative experience and the venues that were the legacy of the South American Games, and the organization of the 2015 America Cup (soccer) and the U 17 FIFA world cup the same year, could give a better perspective of the organizational issue. Also... Chile MUST talk about those time they withdraw the Pan Ams (1975 and 1987) ... Nevertheless with New Orleans in race, it become an uphill climb race to Chile and South American bids.

Pan Am Winter Games are not possible. After they cancelled to host the Winter Pan Am, no other try was done, and I think it has no sense to do it. Only could compete Canada, USA in the north.... any country in Central America (Jamaica may be) and Argentina and Chile in the south... No future can be found on those games...

Which is wrong. About 12 competed in Sochi. If the games just have a focus on skiing sports it can work.