Which 5 players according to you would have the biggest impact in World Cup 2014?

robertpat

Lionel Messi (ARG)

Cristiano RONALDO (POR)

Neymar (BRA)

Thomas MÜLLER (GER)

Claudio MARCHISIO (ITA) - this one may sound a bit more surprising but there's always an unexpected -or an outsider- player that comes out as one of the WC's stars in the end. Idk why, but I feel like this year, it's gonna be him.

I know L.Suarez isnt in my top 5 but against all odds, I dont think he'll make a great WC. I think (and hope) Uruguay will, just dont feel he'll be at his best.

Just my view...!

5 for biggest impact: Messi, Muller, Neymar, Thiago Silva, Arturo Vidal (this one is my bold prediction), if Chile fails, then Robben instead.

Biggest flop I think will be Diego Costa and Belgium as a whole.

Belgium a flop? Have you seen the group they're in? Algeria, South Korea and Russia. They will make it to the KO-stage for sure. In the round of 16 they will probably meet Portugal, or Germany. There is no shame in losing to Portugal or Germany so I don't see why Belgium would be a flop.

On topic: I think Neymar, Gotze, Robben, Isco and Falcao will have the biggest impact.

• 3 months later...

I don't get the hype on these guys. Neymar is more decisive to the Seleção than Messi and Cristiano Ronald are for their respective national teams. Neymar is no better than them but Messi and CR performances with the national squads aren't impressive.

I don't get the hype on these guys. Neymar is more decisive to the Seleção than Messi and Cristiano Ronald are for their respective national teams. Neymar is no better than them but Messi and CR performances with the national squads aren't impressive.

Agreed. Despite the fact I think Argentine team is not at their bette shape and it's more Messi-dependent than Brazil is Neymar-dependent

I don't know how you can say C. Ronaldo is less important for his team than Neymar. CR is the captain of Portugal and scored four goals against Sweden. If it wasn't for him, we would be seeing Zlatan in the World Cup. Portugal's success depends on C. Ronaldo, but Brazil has other options than just Neymar, even if there's no one like Romario, Rivaldo, Ronaldo (the original one) or Ronaldinho.

I don't know how you can say C. Ronaldo is less important for his team than Neymar. CR is the captain of Portugal and scored four goals against Sweden. If it wasn't for him, we would be seeing Zlatan in the World Cup. Portugal's success depends on C. Ronaldo, but Brazil has other options than just Neymar, even if there's no one like Romario, Rivaldo, Ronaldo (the original one) or Ronaldinho.

Exactly How is Portugal the 3rd best team in the world. Who else is good on this team? USA just needs to stop CR7 and it's likely there will be a tie. The team in 2002 was better than this 2014 tram for portugal

*team

Archived