Sign in to follow this  
deawebo

Just my take on 2022

2015 will be the year that will be showing the faith of 6 bidders (3-4 perhaps with the cut) to host the 2022 Olympic Winter Games.

A pretty random race, everyone expected a German-Norweigan showndown that won't happen.

As you know I was a total supporter of a Munich bid which for me would have been the clear frontrunner...

For me, this stands this way...

- Stockholm: Sweden tried to much in the past century and in 2002 the last time... It'd be fair enough for a winter contry that never has hosted to win this race.

- Oslo: always strong Norway, but Lillehammer hosting YOG may give us the feeling it may be tine for others.

- Lviv: probablly they won't make the cut, but the idea is nice Ukraine's firs bid may also be a ''experince gainer for future''

- Krakow: although IOC doesn't alows tw countries to bid together if they can market their bid well... they could fight.

- Beijing: China, shtap... you wil get it but not now.

- Almaty: for me sounds exotic, I see Almaty as a candidate city. They ned to change some flaws for their recent bid to be in . However it will serve as another ''experince gainer''.

So how is the scenario for u guys? December maybe a cold month, such as the 2022 race... let's warm it up.

Imagine a press conference after country X has started war against country Y...

Journalist: "Why have you attacked country Y?" - President of X: "Reasons are they deserved it and it's not a nice country." :lol:

Imagine a press conference after country X has started war against country Y...

Journalist: "Why have you attacked country Y?" - President of X: "Reasons are they deserved it and it's not a nice country." :lol:

Completely different. A war is different to sport. Plus Sweden have many venues existing and the people want the Games.

Just to avoid future misunderstandings: If one uses ' :lol:' in a post, you are normally not to take it too seriously, as it is a hint that the author wants to make a 'joke' or uses 'sarcasm'.

As for this case, you can have any opinion and reasons for it you want, I'm not trying to offend you.

Just to avoid future misunderstandings: If one uses ' :lol:' in a post, you are normally not to take it too seriously, as it is a hint that the author wants to make a 'joke' or uses 'sarcasm'.

As for this case, you can have any opinion and reasons for it you want, I'm not trying to offend you.

Ok. I wasn't offended I just didn't understand but now I do.

I'm supporting Stockholm/Are 2022. Reasons are they deserve a chance to Host Winter Sports and it's a nice Country.

Weren't you supporting Lviv 24 hours ago? :rolleyes:

Oslo passes through the governmental external financial quality assurance process

- No worth to mention weaknesses, states the economists behind the report.

IMG_1065w.jpg%20(500x333).jpg

The Quality Assurance Committee, presented today the inspection report of Oslo Municipality's Olympic application to the Minister of Culture Thorhild Widwey (H).

They have quality assured figures in the application, which adds up to a limit of state guarantee of 33.7 billion NOK.
"The report states that it did not found significant weaknesses in the application. Quality assurance has estimated that the Olympics / Paralympics in Oslo in 2022 will cost the government 21.7 billion NOK in grants for income and funding from private deducted. The size of the state's warranty obligation is estimated at 35.1 billion NOK. The economic cost of organizing the Olympics / Paralympics in Oslo in 2022 is estimated at 15.9 billion NOK, before the non-quantified effects of the Olympics / Paralympics are considered," - states the press release from the department of sport and culture.
- We have made ​​some minor adjustments, but the figures correspond to a large extent, says Anders Magnus Løken, head of the quality assurance team.
Net public financial support needed for the Olympics will be between 18 and 23 billion NOK, according to the committee.
- It is not so natural leap becomes large. After all, there is still over eight years to the Games.
Not everything can be quantified
The Committee has also taken into account the things you can not put exact numbers.
- Things are not necessarily less important, although they can not be quantified, says Løken.
The committee estimated industry effects to 1.8 billion norwegian kroners. Among the effects are not quantified the folk festival, health effects, sports as a common security / emergency response and environmental impact / natural environment.
The report states that the value of the non quantified additional effects must be considered to over 15.9 billion kroner for the Økern option to be economically profitable and to over 18.1 billion kroner in order for it to be economically profitable deltakerlandsbu on Kjelstrup.
Central tools
Now the Government will consider the report carefully.
- The report will be a key part of the basis for the government. The OL / PL is a very comprehensive arrangement with a significant cost to the public. Then it is very important to have an external review of the application so that we get a good cost picture before we make a decision, says Culture Minister Thorhild Widwey.
Number of cutters have concluded that income and expense framework it is planned to be realistic.
- We will now need some time to familiarize ourselves thoroughly in the report. I can not say anything more now about how the government is considering OL application, or when a decision will be taken, says culture minister.
The following companies conducted the quality assurance mission: DNV GL AS, ÅF Advansia AS Economics and Business Research Ltd
Could stopped all
A similar signal from the Norwegian Veritas today as for Tromsø 2018 in 2008, would probably put an equally effective end to the application this time.
Russian Sochi Games are just around the corner which will end with a price tag of around 320 million NOK. There is a huge multiplication from the original starting point.
Critics have stated that it is likely that Oslo Olympics also will end in a juicy budget crack, like what happened to Holmenkollen World Championships in 2011 and Olympics in Lillehammer.

I'd put Oslo as the early favourite. I think China have made a mistake in using Beijing - think a smaller more suitable city (it's not like they're short of them!) would have had a better chance.