2022 Summer Youth Olympics

Well, not necessarily you can never host an Olympic Games, more like we want to see how you will deal with Hosting Duties for a smaller competition, then in the future you can host an Olympic Games, for example, in the future, I believe Nanjing could host an Olympic Games, and so could Singapore. Fair enough, cities like Brasov wouldn't host an Olympic Games with all due respect, because if Romania were to Bid for the main Olympic Games, Bucharest would probably be their candidate, if not, then Cluj-Napoca. Singapore hosted a brilliant 1st Summer Youth Olympic Games, and Innsbruck hosted a brilliant 1st Winter Youth Olympic Games, and I'm sure Nanjing will host a brilliant 2nd Summer Youth Olympic Games this year. I personally wouldn't underestimate the Youth Olympic Games.

Well, not necessarily you can never host an Olympic Games, more like we want to see how you will deal with Hosting Duties for a smaller competition, then in the future you can host an Olympic Games, for example, in the future, I believe Nanjing could host an Olympic Games, and so could Singapore. Fair enough, cities like Brasov wouldn't host an Olympic Games with all due respect, because if Romania were to Bid for the main Olympic Games, Bucharest would probably be their candidate, if not, then Cluj-Napoca. Singapore hosted a brilliant 1st Summer Youth Olympic Games, and Innsbruck hosted a brilliant 1st Winter Youth Olympic Games, and I'm sure Nanjing will host a brilliant 2nd Summer Youth Olympic Games this year. I personally wouldn't underestimate the Youth Olympic Games.

That's not exactly how it works

Bit of a Bold statement, saying no one watches it. And the IOC shouldn't cancel it, it is an opportunity for Young Athletes to make a name for themselves.

When you have a 14 years-old Tom Daley, a 15 years-old Ruta Melutyte and many chinese gymnasts competing against the big boys in the SOG and international events, I guess the YOG loses the special reason.

Because they were "serious" about a bid for the 2020 Olympics. Yes the real deal. Perhaps they might be more suited for a Youth Olympics, but being such a lesser event as it is, maybe a Commonwealth Games could be in the cards? Perhaps not.

They were not serious about an Olympic bid - that was all the work of a local radio DJ. It never had any state support. The guy running it had admirable enthusiasm - if not kind of a "Tony" character.

They were not serious about an Olympic bid - that was all the work of a local radio DJ. It never had any state support. The guy running it had admirable enthusiasm - if not kind of a "Tony" character.

This reminds me of the joke bid for Australia's Smiggin Holes to host the 2010 winter olympics

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smiggin_Holes_2010_Winter_Olympic_bid

Archived