The 27th SEA Games Myanmar 2013

zigzag

Welcome to the 27th SEA Games Myanmar 2013 thread

Emblem-Nay-Pyi-Taw-2013_5125240013889.jp
Emblem, Nay Pyi Taw 2013

• The map of Myanmar is the origin of the 27th SEA Games Logo.

• The ball with eleven rings represents the 11 Southeast Asian countries.

• Yellow, Green and Red are the three national colors represented in Myanmar's National Flag.

• The yellow circle represents equality and fraternity.

• Green color represents love of nature and the green economy which we are trying to develop in our country.

• Red color represents courage and hard working nature of Myanmar.

• The circular shape represents complete perfection and endless prosperity among the Southeast Asian countries.
Mascot-Nay-Pyi-Taw-2013_5125260013890.jp
Mascot, Nay Pyi Taw 2013

Owl is globally taken as the wisest, calmest and balanced animal. But, in Myanmar it is also taken to be auspicious and believed to bring forth luck and prosperity to the family, for which the owl dolls are kept at their homes as lucky charms.

The owl as official mascot of Myanmar SEA Games 2013 has a personality: wise, calm, lucky, loyal, and friendly. The personality of an owl is expected to bring forth cooperation, friendship, and better understanding among the participating countries.
OPENING CEREMONY OF 27TH SEA GAMES IN FULL-DRESS REHEARSAL
news_69_5.png
news_69_1.pngnews_69_2.pngnews_69_3.pngnews_69_4.pngnews_69_5.pngnews_69_6.pngnews_69_7.pngnews_69_8.pngnews_69_9.png

Nay Pyi Taw,28 th November

President U Thein Sein observed a full-dress rehearsal for an opening ceremony of the 27thSEA Games this evening.

It was also attended by Patron of leading committee for holding the 27thSEA Games Vice-President U Nyan Tun, Commander-in-Chief of Defence Services Senior General Min Aung Hlaing, Union Election Commission Chairman U Tin Aye, Deputy Commander-in-Chief of Defence Services Commander-in-Chief (Army) Vice-Senior General Soe Win, the Union ministers and officials and participants.

Before the rehearsal, vocalists Myanmar Pyi Thein Tan, Pyu Pyu Kyaw Thein, Zaw Win Htut, Chan Chan, Htoo L Lin and Sone Thin Par, Phyo Gyi and Yuzana, May Khalar and Saw Khu Hse entertained those present with SEA Games songs.

Next, the full-dress rehearsal for the opening ceremony followed at 7 pm.

They officialy start next wednesday, but some of the competitions like Chinlone, football and weightlifting already started some days ago (mainly the competitions on which Myanmar wins more medals. They're currently leadign the medal tally but that will change for sure once the "real thing" starts in a few days).

In fact, the whole thing of not including sports like tennis and gymnastics while including native sports like Chinlone and Sittuyin have been widely criticized during these last months as an effort of the host nation to boost their medal chances.

meanwhile the results so far........

Country Gold Silver Bronze
Myanmar 20 12 10
Vietnam 10 6 9
Indonesia 9 10 10
Thailand 8 12 9
Malaysia 5 5 13
Philippines 3 5 3
Singapore 3 3 6
Cambodia 2 4 7
Laos 1 5 8
Brunei 1 0 1
Timor-Leste 0 0 0
Last Updated - 12/12/2013 11:58 AM

oh i'm forget to say that i heard that the opening ceremony for myanmar 2013 is majorly inspired by the previous sea games opening which held in indonesia 2011 and so i hoped that singapore can do a better opening in 2015.....

I heard that Myanmar is strengthening football. I do not know this SEA games. I first thought "SEA" is literally sea and athletes do some swimming,sailboat,canoe....whatever water concerns.

Hahahaha, you are so funny Palette86-san, SEA is an acronym from South East Asia, regarding that Myanmar's National Football team becomes stronger, i don't know whether the Burmese really become stronger, or my country that become weaker :)