Seventh Annual GamesBids Olympic Logo Contest

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yea, you're right. The rings did need to be coloured, looks much better now. The problem I had was that if I only applied color to one of the two elements (Rings/name) then it would look out of place. So what I've done is I now have the coloured rings and a black word mark. Looks much more professional now. Thanks Baron. :D

The rings don't have to be coloured. In London they were mostly white & in Vancouver they were dark blue.

PS: Please tell me none of these have used Inkscape. I'll feel all inadequate :P

PPS: I've sorted most of my problems with my Toronto logo, but where do you get Olympic rings in white from? And the font is a bit meh too. Thanks :)

Hi everyone, so I took into consideration everyone's feedback. One thing I haven't changed are the colors of the rings/toronto 2016. It just looked a bit too funky and didn't fit in with the rest of the design. Here's an example of the design in B&W, and coloured appearing on a white and black background. Full size image can be found here.

rZEEDkVl.png

Again, feedback is welcome. If it looks good as it is, they I may move onto making examples of it's use. I hope it's ok that I'm posting my revisions here. :P

I like the way you've tweaked the actual range of greys in the B/W image since yesterday morning- significantly punchier now. Attention to detail is cool !

@Runningrings, I've tried that. I kinda felt it looked to busy and sort of like a really weird grape. Imo didn't work. I made some pictures of the logo in use, and you can see in one of the pics I have incorporated warmer colors.

Hello all! I now present an album of some use cases for the logo. It's just a few pictures but I hope you like it. :) It's hosted on imgur, so to see it just click here.

I've also tweaked the logo thanks to the great feedback from y'all. It can be seen in my current signature, or at this link. I didn't want to embed it directly because it's quite big, and imgur was messing it up when resizing it. It kinds gives me a Torino 2006 vibe, must be the colors and the "Tor" aspect in both of their names. :P

There's also an updated black version and a white version.

Feedback is still welcome. :) Enjoy!

I actually am pretty stubborn, but I find getting feedback as you go helps a lot. For me, it helps to spot problems as I go, and I can know what works and what doesn't. Additionally it allows you to see your design in a new light. For example I hadn't noticed the rings still looked big until you said it. :P So I've now fixed that.

I'd also like to mention to USAandItalia, your logo is really nicely done. Looks really cool. :)

So I guess I'll now start making some use examples.

Thanks for the shoutout man! I really appreciate it! I'm still not too happy with my lettering. But I think I'm gonna leave it.

The one in your signature is great. Super professional looking and well done! I really like it!

Ok. I will be right back. Take 2 - Action. LOL.

drawing.png

Here is my Bangkok 2028 Logo. It is a crown with the colours of the Olympic Rings added into it. It represents the Palace's of Bangkok. It also includes the Colour's of Thailand's Flag (Red and Purple).

Can some of you maybe give me some Feedback on where I can improve E.T.C. Thanks. Much Appreciated.

I think it is a little bit too detailed (e.g. the crown with the different colours (esp. the gems)) - and I can't see the connection between a western crown and Bangkok...

Ok well I am listenting to all feedback given and will add some of that into the edit. Thanks for your time.

I thought the colour change and recontext did counted as stylization of the icons, such as the case of the snowflake trilliums if one looks closely... But fair enough. I probably have no time to tweak it this week or think on another approach and I'm withdrawing from the comp.

qU0uU1ol.png

Full size here.

How's that Baron?

Personally to me, it feels out of place amongst the cooler blues of the logo. At the same time it's very whimsical and fun, but to me, it doesn't fit this logo. A great idea regardless.

Hmmmm. Not so sure about the color. Rings seem small now.

I withdraw my previous entry and now I'm with this design for Bangkok

b28_zps16dd3a5f.jpg

I like it a lot, Danny. Something about the rings feels a little weird. Are they lighter scale than usual? Regardless, I like this design better.

I'm so indecisive...

Bangkok-2028-Logo-3_zps6865cc2a.jpg

Bangkok-2028-Logo-2_zps01f0c891.jpg

I like the first one. But the stilts are too long, i.e. bring down the roof somewhat. Why green for the Bangkok lettering? Also, remove the waves; and maybe move up the 5 rings into the center space -- see if that will look more whole. (I would also make those pointed things in the roof maybe leap up to being flames or stars, perhaps -- to give a sense of movement to the logo.) Overall, I think the best idea for Bangkok to me so far.

#2 will be rejected by the IOC because it is an outright religious symbol. The Buddhist community might also NOT like their figurehead used in a commercial, secular venture. Uhmmm...sensitivity. (And even w/o the religious angle, a sitting figure does NOT exactly connote action. movement and energy which is what the OGs are about.)

I like the first one. But the stilts are too long, i.e. bring down the roof somewhat. Why green for the Bangkok lettering? Also, remove the waves; and maybe move up the 5 rings into the center space -- see if that will look more whole. (I would also make those pointed things in the roof maybe leap up to being flames or stars, perhaps -- to give a sense of movement to the logo.) Overall, I think the best idea for Bangkok to me so far.

#2 will be rejected by the IOC because it is an outright religious symbol. The Buddhist community might also NOT like their figurehead used in a commercial, secular venture. Uhmmm...sensitivity. (And even w/o the religious angle, a sitting figure does NOT exactly connote action. movement and energy which is what the OGs are about.)

Thanks Baron! I will get to it within the next few days! I really appreciate your help. Number two I feel came out better than number one, but I totally see where you are coming from. I was even skeptical of posting that one. BTW, the lettering isn't green...

Thanks Baron! I will get to it within the next few days! I really appreciate your help. Number two I feel came out better than number one, but I totally see where you are coming from. I was even skeptical of posting that one. BTW, the lettering isn't green...

(Am partially color-blind.) Try maybe attaching the "k"s in "kok" to the 2 center stilts -- and then put the 5 rings in that center space. See how that will play out. Sent you a PM.

Aw, thanks Rols :) As you can see, the rings are a bit messy, but I don't know how to rectify that. Also, the font isn't the best, but it'll have to do. All I need is to make it so that the red colour goes up to the rings, leaving the rings white, like the leaf. But how :unsure:

Archived