Seventh Annual GamesBids Olympic Logo Contest

¿ʇɐɥʇ ǝƃɐuɐɯ noʎ pᴉp ɥʇɹɐǝ uo ʍoH

Is it me or is your writing upside down? lol. And I have no idea. Would you be kind and turn it around for me please?

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok. I will be right back. Take 2 - Action. LOL.

drawing.png

Ok. I will be right back. Take 2 - Action. LOL.

drawing.png

Here is my Bangkok 2028 Logo. It is a crown with the colours of the Olympic Rings added into it. It represents the Palace's of Bangkok. It also includes the Colour's of Thailand's Flag (Red and Purple).

Thailand's flag is red and purple?

http://www.worldatlas.com/webimage/flags/countrys/zzzflags/thlarge.gif - Red, Purple and White. White is the background of my logo.

Tony I think red,blue and white in Thai flag. However I understand purple is not bad 'cause the colour is considered very noble in Buddhism or in asian culture(maybe).And why European crown? :rolleyes:

Thanks for the feedback. But I did go for just a crown, it wasn't specifc of European.

Bangkok-2028-Logo_zpsfad202b3.jpg

My Bangkok 2028 Logo is a man doing shot put. The shot put man is on a famous Bangkok Monument, the Democracy Monument. He is on the "Personification of Balance and Good Life" statue.

What Program did you use?

So I've done some fiddling with the logo, taking in much of the feedback provided. I now present two copies of the logo, one in B&W and a full color one. Here's a side by side picture:

A4HuGJp.png

Once again, any feedback is welcome.

I think the wordmark is greatly improved. I agree with Rob that the rings are now too large and should be reduced. As for the black and white version, it doesn't sing, but not all logos do. (Athens certainly didn't.) I do think the black and white version would be better with the black in the center and the softer gradient grays towards the outside -- basically the reverse of the way the values work now.

It's a very nice logo.

Bangkok-2028-Logo_zpsfad202b3.jpg

My Bangkok 2028 Logo is a man doing shot put. The shot put man is on a famous Bangkok Monument, the Democracy Monument. He is on the "Personification of Balance and Good Life" statue.

Nice. But I'd think it's more for a pictogram than representing a WHOLE SET of sports...which make up an Olympic Games. And "shot put' is not very Thai. ;)

So I've done some fiddling with the logo, taking in much of the feedback provided. I now present two copies of the logo, one in B&W and a full color one. Here's a side by side picture:

A4HuGJp.png

Once again, any feedback is welcome.

Better. Re Icy Blue, well, the IOC rules prefer that their 5 rings are reproduced in their 5 colors. Barring that, I would make "Toronto" in black or cobalt blue, then "2026" in the 4 other colors if you will leave the rings the icy blue. It will give it some color.

Re the b&w one, Athensfan gave you good input on it.

Better. Re Icy Blue, well, the IOC rules prefer that their 5 rings are reproduced in their 5 colors. Barring that, I would make "Toronto" in black or cobalt blue, then "2026" in the 4 other colors if you will leave the rings the icy blue. It will give it some color.

Re the b&w one, Athensfan gave you good input on it.

Thanks for the affirmation on the b&w, Baron.

I have to say, though, I like the chilly monochromatic look he has going on with the blue. I don't know that I'd mess with the color. Many of our other GB winners have had monochromatic rings. It's not a must. Look at Rols' signature for a review of past winners.

My vote: leave the wordmark and rings in the blue (but do reduce the rings).

Regarding alphacarter's artwork:

I do think the black and white version would be better with the black in the center and the softer gradient grays towards the outside -- basically the reverse of the way the values work now.

I'm not so sure about that suggestion. A gradient from centre dark to outer pale would lose the outline, and look weak. On the other hand, the centre does feel rather empty; maybe put one or two of the other elements (place/date/rings) inside the leaf?

Regarding alphacarter's artwork:

I'm not so sure about that suggestion. A gradient from centre dark to outer pale would lose the outline, and look weak. On the other hand, the centre does feel rather empty; maybe put one or two of the other elements (place/date/rings) inside the leaf?

Strongly disagree with the above. .

Design is my profession for whatever that's worth.

Typically you'd want the most intense values in the center with lighter values toward the perimeter. Proportionally, the most intense values should be the least and the lightest values should be the greatest. Of course rules are made to be broken, but, for what it's worth, the above description is color theory 101. In this case, I'd follow the rule because I think the design will look better "fading into the background." In fact that's the main thing I like about the ice crystal maple leaf concept.

Of course, it's your design and you may ignore as much of this as you please. Just trying to help.

Btw, I don't think the fade out look is "weak" at all. It has a magical dimensionality to it that I find arresting.

Hi everyone, so I took into consideration everyone's feedback. One thing I haven't changed are the colors of the rings/toronto 2016. It just looked a bit too funky and didn't fit in with the rest of the design. Here's an example of the design in B&W, and coloured appearing on a white and black background. Full size image can be found here.

rZEEDkVl.png

Again, feedback is welcome. If it looks good as it is, they I may move onto making examples of it's use. I hope it's ok that I'm posting my revisions here. :P

I dig it.

I like the reversed versions too. Wouldn't mind seeing the rings smaller still, but that's just a matter of personal preference.

I have to say, it's super big of you to be so open to input. Most designers (including myself) are more stubborn. Nice work. Plus, it makes it fun for us to be able to chime in.

It's sort of ice crystal/maple leaf/Olympic flame/rays of light all rolled into one. Simple, but well-conceived and executed.

I can also imagine a layered 3-d plexiglass sculpture of it...

The white on black grabs me for some reason. Ghostly and cool.

I actually am pretty stubborn, but I find getting feedback as you go helps a lot. For me, it helps to spot problems as I go, and I can know what works and what doesn't. Additionally it allows you to see your design in a new light. For example I hadn't noticed the rings still looked big until you said it. :P So I've now fixed that.

I'd also like to mention to USAandItalia, your logo is really nicely done. Looks really cool. :)

So I guess I'll now start making some use examples.

Archived