Seventh Annual GamesBids Olympic Logo Contest

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a logo that I would like to submit, but I'm having trouble getting the image from my computer onto the forum. Can anybody help me?

there are a lot of website that can help you, tinypic, imageshark, photobucket, etc... but if you still have trouble just PM me your logo, and I'll submit it under your name. Thank you

tikus's 2020 is like Khmer letter.Bangkok is wonderful font.

kr q(this is actually q of alphabet,couldn't paste) ung th e- p. :)

Thank you, actually I got the idea from you, when you mention davey's font looks like Thai font, then I'm looking for a Thai font, try to workaround, and voilla, there is mine :)

My entries:

t26_zps76c14b9e.jpg

The two colour versions of this are stunning Danny, particularly the white on blue. Lovely effort. Fireworks, snow, cauldron, maple leaf.

Very nice indeed.

As I said, I prefer the two colour versions to the main version though, not sure why. :D

@Rob. What do the 2 yellow triangles or spikes mean?

No meaning behind it. The whole logo is a stylised Olympic cauldron, using Thai patterning and wallpaper as an inspiration. Nothing more complex than that in terms of meaning. :D

The leaf/flame shape seems ubiquitous in Thai art from the little reseatch I've done, and there are all kinds of florid decorations used around that.

e.g.

stock-photo-red-thai-art-wallpaper-with-

Converting this kind of pattern into an Olympic cauldron seemed an obvious way to go.

No meaning behind it. The whole logo is a stylised Olympic cauldron, using Thai patterning and wallpaper as an inspiration. Nothing more complex than that in terms of meaning. :D

The leaf/flame shape seems ubiquitous in Thai art from the little reseatch I've done, and there are all kinds of florid decorations used around that.

Converting this kind of pattern into an Olympic cauldron seemed an obvious way to go.

Elaborated and delicate,but poweful.I like the tiny yellow light behind the orange flame very much. ;)

Bangkok_zps93760b5b.jpg

I don't know about this one either.

The story behind it is that elephants are the national animal of Thailand. Also, in the headdress, there is a running man, a common symbol of the Olympic Games.

Bangkok_zps93760b5b.jpg

I don't know about this one either.

The story behind it is that elephants are the national animal of Thailand. Also, in the headdress, there is a running man, a common symbol of the Olympic Games.

I was hoping to see elephants!!!!

I like it - but (and I'm sure no zoological expert), the ears look a bit African elephant than Asian to me.

* Rob, do you have yours in a jpeg format - I found the same with Nemo's yesterday, that I have trouble working with the png files - when I try to work with it I get yours on a black background.

** Davey. My computer doesn't seem to be displaying your primary Toronto submission either. I've cropped one as a placegetter from your style guide, but you might want a sharper version in the final compilation of entrants.

I was hoping to see elephants!!!!

I like it - but (and I'm sure no zoological expert), the ears look a bit African elephant than Asian to me.

* Rob, do you have yours in a jpeg format - I found the same with Nemo's yesterday, that I have trouble working with the png files - when I try to work with it I get yours on a black background.

** Davey. My computer doesn't seem to be displaying your primary Toronto submission either. I've cropped one as a placegetter from your style guide, but you might want a sharper version in the final compilation of entrants.

I'll get on that! ;)

One jpg version...

http://s28.postimg.org/z69jgxx31/logo_on_white_1_JPG.jpg

(Just out of interest Rols, how do you get the PNGs into the program you use? If you right click and select 'copy image' straight from the forum, then it will go in with a black background. But if you right click and save the image to your PC, then open it up it should be fine)

(Just out of interest Rols, how do you get the PNGs into the program you use? If you right click and select 'copy image' straight from the forum, then it will go in with a black background. But if you right click and save the image to your PC, then open it up it should be fine)

It's Photoshop on the Mac. I just tried the right click, and got a grey background on what I saved.

Actually, I did a cut and past from your sig logo as a placeholder earlier - I quite like the pink background.

Archived