Seventh Annual GamesBids Olympic Logo Contest

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been here GB forum for 2 months so this competition is the very first one to me. I don't know Tronto very well,but I've been to Bangkok many times so I tried to create a logo. I yesterday noticed that I'm hopelessly poor at drawing and designing :lol: .How the champion will be selected?By voting or Sir rol decides?In cases of voting let me participate in :P .

Well here is my logo. Inspired by the force of nature and a symbol known across the world, Niagra Falls.

The T of Toronto forms the main part of the logo with snowflakes cascading from it just like a waterfall. Various forms that the logo and word mark will be posted in due course.

f9ug.jpg

I've been here GB forum for 2 months so this competition is the very first one to me. I don't know Tronto very well,but I've been to Bangkok many times so I tried to create a logo. I yesterday noticed that I'm hopelessly poor at drawing and designing :lol: .How the champion will be selected?By voting or Sir rol decides?In cases of voting let me participate in :P .

Don't wory - I'm sh!t at graphics too. Those that do, can, Those who can't, organise the comp!

You can still post your ideas - we try to encourage looking at the ideas rather than execution (though, have to admit, it is hard to go past the slickly produced ones). I've still yet to work out a formula to try to overcome that - Baron's another one who sketches rather than digitally creates. Maybe someone might volunteer to polish your rough sketches?

Everyone gets to vote for the short the short lists and then the winners - you'll know when the polls are up. I vote in the short list rounds, but stand back in the final rounds in case I have to make a tie-break vote (luckily, I've never had to resort to that yet).

Don't wory - I'm sh!t at graphics too. Those that do, can, Those who can't, organise the comp!

You can still post your ideas - we try to encourage looking at the ideas rather than execution (though, have to admit, it is hard to go past the slickly produced ones). I've still yet to work out a formula to try to overcome that - Baron's another one who sketches rather than digitally creates. Maybe someone might volunteer to polish your rough sketches?

Everyone gets to vote for the short the short lists and then the winners - you'll know when the polls are up. I vote in the short list rounds, but stand back in the final rounds in case I have to make a tie-break vote (luckily, I've never had to resort to that yet).

I'm more than willing to polish it! It's all about seeing great ideas come to life!

s4sj.png

Initial submission, may make some tweaks to it before final vote.

Olympic cauldron stylised with Thai patterning.

Nice logo by Rob. B) ,is it a lantern on liver so pink+yellow part represents flame?The part also looks lotus flower+candle flame.

I'll try to post some of my ideas :P .Thank you so much for detailed information ;) .

@Scotguy.Great works ;) . Tronto is lovely but for some people it's a little bit difficult to find maple leaf out.So it might be even wonderful if you make the maple 3D-like or framing it by thick line.Bangkok is very fine to me if only the colours were gaudier.These are just my opinions.

My revised Toronto logo:

Screen+shot+2011-06-23+at+7.06.17+PM.png

It's very nice. I think I liked the first one better though. It did feel more like a poster than a logo, but was more cohesive and distinctive IMO. You have a good eye.

Hm. Scratch that. The star is better. I just went back and looked again. Nice.

Archived