New Zealand 2015: FIFA U-20 World Cup Emblem Revealed

Emblem for New Zealand 2015 FIFA U-20 World Cup has been revealed .

Including references to New Zealand nature, the pico fern and NZ's status as the first to see the dawn of the new day - they've come up with a pretty decent logo.

Nice to see them break out of that traditional FIFA frame which has been the norm for these tournaments of late.

2226724_FULL-LND.jpg

http://www.fifa.com/u20worldcup/organisation/media/newsid=2226179/

Although it's not intentional, I love how it kind of has the same festive and dynamic feel as the logo for the other big event for New Zealand (and Australia) in 2015 - the Cricket World Cup.

icc.jpg

I Posted this on the 2014 WC thread yesterday as it was launched during half time at the qualifier. Its a nice colourful design, but it is a bit busy. And it seems to be the new format of WC logos, having the actual cup as the logo, but designed to reflect the host country.

FIFA really has been up and down with their logo formats, from the 2002 world cup sphere, to the frame, and now a more trophy approach. Surely the brand of FIFA World Cup is strong enough to let the host freestyle their logo.

I wonder how long until the CWG tri-bar dies a death, or the IRB lets host unions develop a unique logo, and not just a wordmark and look.

So,NZ join AFC and let's us be qualified and go to WC together with Japan and Australia. By the way,earthquakes still occur? I'm a little bit worried about it.

Oh if it was that easy to join AFC...not going to happen. And anyway it was the NZ team fault they didn't qualify for 2014.

As for earthquakes...seems all settled down again. Just the usual everyday unnoticables.

Football NZ is about to go through a long overdue cleanout at the top. Already they are uncovering some sloppy management and the R word is rearing its ugly head and Fifa wants a report before releasing revenue funds from the Mexico matches.

However this shouldnt spoil the 2015 tournament.

Oh if it was that easy to join AFC...not going to happen. And anyway it was the NZ team fault they didn't qualify for 2014.

As for earthquakes...seems all settled down again. Just the usual everyday unnoticables.

Football NZ is about to go through a long overdue cleanout at the top. Already they are uncovering some sloppy management and the R word is rearing its ugly head and Fifa wants a report before releasing revenue funds from the Mexico matches.

Too sad to hear it's not easy to join AFC. I feel at ease that you are having only minor quakes.I wish NZ's success in U-20 WC!

PS.I harvested kiwis in my garden and they'll mature soon :) .

Its a real shame that NZ Football hasn't really capitalised on the 2010 qualification. I hope they now take time to sort out the administration of football NZ. We need a decent coach and regular games.

You need to get in to AFC. Going straight from playing Tahiti & Solomons to someone like Mexico can't do you any good. What are the problems with joining AFC? Of course, as I've already said, I think it's unfair that OFC is there at all. I would merge it into AFC, giving the new area 1, maybe 2, extra qualifying spots.

You need to get in to AFC. Going straight from playing Tahiti & Solomons to someone like Mexico can't do you any good. What are the problems with joining AFC? Of course, as I've already said, I think it's unfair that OFC is there at all. I would merge it into AFC, giving the new area 1, maybe 2, extra qualifying spots.

Fifa is now supporting a AFC OFC merge, ironically as we have been talking about it over the last couple of days. Should be in place by 2018.

I still believe it was soley the All Whites and Football NZs fault that we didnt qualify...The whole attitude of the organization is about to go under a government sports review. Its not going to be pretty. They cannot blame rugby as the problem when it comes to funding, there are more registered football players then rugby players in NZ.

Fifa is now supporting a AFC OFC merge, ironically as we have been talking about it over the last couple of days. Should be in place by 2018.

I still believe it was soley the All Whites and Football NZs fault that we didnt qualify...The whole attitude of the organization is about to go under a government sports review. Its not going to be pretty. They cannot blame rugby as the problem when it comes to funding, there are more registered football players then rugby players in NZ.

Its good news that AFC and OFC will merge. It will give the All Whites More game time. That will help as well.

I think merging is really good idea of FIFA.If OFC would be added to AFC(depends on qualifier system),you may not find it easy to be qualified for WC.But in terms of the strengthening and improving OFC's football,this would be fine.Don't you think it's so cool if the veteran of Rugby NZ will be a veteran of football as well in the future?

• 6 months later...

Can't find the official thread for this. Any info on the opening ceremony? Director/Producer, cast numbers themes etc?

On the Fifa site?

In Hamilton last week we had the Promo Pitch laid out in Garden Place for the kids to kick around in. Daftest thing was next to it is the fugly Cricket WC countdown clock!. We've put a request in for a similar structure on the opposite side of the square for a FifaU20 WC countdown clock with the city council.

Archived