Sign in to follow this  
gotosy

Brazil 2014 Final Draw

My take on the groups:

A: Brazil to top it, no question about that. Mexico-Croatia for 2nd place, I think Mexico will make it.

B: Poor Aussies

C: REALLY tricky group, for me, all 4 can qualify or be eliminated.

D: Suarez ousting England?

E: Group of ****. The french may **** up, though.

F: We should win the 3 matches, 2nd IMO can be any of the three others, don't understimate Iran.

G: Insane.

H: Lucky Belgians, very weird group. Koreans may advance...

haha karma for England

Calling it now: Chile tops their group, Brazil vs Spain in R16

Argentina: well, what to say... I loved this draw :lol:

Why Karma for England, am I missing something?

The best possible scenario for Korea. Avoided all the top powers, that's good enough for now!

This is a good draw for Japan. They even have the chance to top the group.

I don't think so,no chances at all.Our defenders never ever can stop Falcao,Gervinho,Drogba..deep sighs.BTW I've been so curious your image pic.Why is Lionel Richie playing table tennis?

Misquoting of Roy Hodgson in Brazillian media I think.

OOh I see I was just listening to him, I was thinking he was quite eloquent and complementary and quite humble talking about Mandella, never really listened to the guy before

Well, he's a very intelligent man and has managed all over the world. Speaks 5 languages I think.

I like the groups. I'm not too sure about Mexico. They had a terrible campaign in the CONCACAF hexanogal, only won two out of ten, five draws and they had to play the intercontinental playoff. I say Croatia will go through, decent team that finished just behind Belgium in the qualification. Suarez will send England home i think. And as a Dutch guy, i'm not very happy with this draw. Australia should be easy, but I do fear Chile a little bit. I wouldn't be surprised if Holland won't reach the ko-stage.

This draw apparently brings back one of the I thought, more interesting human interest stories in RSA 2010 -- that of the half-brothers on the German & Ghanaian teams facing each other again!!

The draw also means Berlin-born half-brothers Ghana midfielder Kevin-Prince Boateng and Germanycentre-back Jerome - will face each other at another World Cup. They both played when Germany beatGhana 1-0 at South Africa 2010 - the first time brothers had played on opposite teams at a World Cup.

"Brother, it's time again... that's how beautiful life is!" Schake's Kevin-Prince wrote on his Twitteraccount to Bayern Munich's Jerome.

I'm quite happy with how the draw turned out. As always, there is a lot there to get excited about. After a few days of gawking at the draw I'll set it aside until after Sochi, at which time I will break out my big collection of World Cup highlight videos/DVDs and start getting ready for the Mundial.

I don't think so,no chances at all.Our defenders never ever can stop Falcao,Gervinho,Drogba..deep sighs.BTW I've been so curious your image pic.Why is Lionel Richie playing table tennis?

Ivory Coast is not what it used to be. And Japan is one of those most improved countries over the past 5 years. I fully expect Japan to make it to the knockout stages. Colombia is better but Japan can compete with them for first place in the group.

That's not Lionel Richie. Its Borat! Playing his favourite sport, a Ping-pong.

I can't believe this was real life. I mean, WHY. WHY of all the possible combinations we have the worst we could have imagined before.

Playing with Spain AGAIN in the first round (just like 2010) and possible with Brazil in the second round (just like 2010... and 1998 and 1962, the three times Chile has passed to the second round) were the only thing we didn't want... and now we have the 'plus' of Netherlands and possible playing with Brazil (only once we have defeated them in official matches in the entire history, which is around 50 matches) IN Brazil.

When we heard Spain was in the Group B, all the people in Chile were waiting not to be in the Group B and... then, the collective hysteria.

I think we can do a pretty good job. We have played before with Spain, three times in the past four years and although we haven't defeated them yet, we were really close last time, so I think we can get a point with them. The Netherlands is a great time but I think they are quite bipolar: they can play amazing just like most of the 2010 WC... or play terrible like the 2012 Euro or the 2010 final. I think we can beat them or at least get another point. We must defeat Australia... and I think that is possible. But finishing second and they playing with Brazil will be impossible for us.

For the rest of the group, there is no way France and Switzerland had so much luck. Also Argentina which has a pretty clean path to the final. Group D and G looks very interesting.

IMHO:

A: Brazil, Mexico: Although Mexico had a very poor qualification, I think they have time to correct their problems. It is a problem of team spirit more than capacity and with the new coach they can go to the next round. And Brazil doesn't need to be explained.

B: Spain, Chile (crossing fingers). Already explained.

C: Colombia, Ivory Coast. The Africans finally have a more normal group after two WC in the Group of Death.

D: Uruguay, Italy. I don't see England going further, sorry.

E: Switzerland, France. Is this group a joke, right?

F: Argentina, Nigeria. I think the Africans will feel much more confortable with the weather than Bosnia.

G: Germany, Portugal. Mmm, although it will be a very though group.

H: Russia, Belgium. I think Belgium is probably the most overrated team this year. They have a pretty good squad and players, but it is not a team that should be a seeded one. I haven't seen them playing against really big teams and against Colombia, which is a very good team but not one of the strongest, struggled.

Ivory Coast is not what it used to be. And Japan is one of those most improved countries over the past 5 years. I fully expect Japan to make it to the knockout stages. Colombia is better but Japan can compete with them for first place in the group.

Certainly, it is not the best CIV but shouldn't be underrated. I think they can do a pretty good job, especially now that they don't have to play against Argentina, Brazil, Portugal or the Netherlands like in the past WCs.

Predictions (1, 2, 3, 4):

A- Brazil, Mexico, Cameroon, Croatia

I'd guess either Mexico or Cameroon for 2nd spot.

B - Netherlands, Spain, Chile, Australia

Tough luck for Chile, a very good squad. It's possible one of Netherlands or Spain could slip. I'd bet Spain would before Netherlands does. Tough luck for Australia too.

C - Colombia, Japan, Ivory Coast, Greece

Japan is always underestimated but they've improved leaps and bounds.

D - Uruguay, Italy, England, Costa Rica

Suarez is a machine and has proven himself in the World Cup last time. I don't see Italy crashing out in the first round twice in a row.

E- France, Honduras, Switzerland, Ecuador

Honduras was impressive at times in qualifying.

F - Argentina, Iran, Nigeria, Bosnia

Iran often chokes but if they score any early goal, they'll play defense and waste time to get the result. It's not pretty but it works.

G - Germany, Portugal, USA, Ghana

Any one of Portugal, USA, or Ghana could get 2nd.

H - Belgium, Korea, Russia, Algeria

Any of Belgium, Korea or Russia could win, draw or lose to each other.

BRAZIL - Spain

NETHERLANDS - Mexico

Colombia - ITALY

URUGUAY - Japan

FRANCE - Iran

ARGENTINA - Honduras

GERMANY - Korea

Belgium - PORTUGAL

Final 8:

Brazil, Netherlands, Italy, Uruguay, France, Argentina, Germany, Portugal

Edited by Gangwon

Well the only thing I cared about didn't happen. Germany vs. Brazil semi-final is a very likely outcome.

Germany is a class above Portugal, USA and Ghana. Only poor form or a French-style explosion will see them not finish first.

Germany will likely play Korea/Russia in R16, France/Bosnia in QF. So they have a favourable draw into the semis, but than boom Brazil, or Spain or Netherlands.

Most likely to fall in Group Stage, 1) England, 2) Netherlands, 3) Spain, 4)Italy

Wow, this draw is excellent in many ways :D. My predix:

Group A: Brazil is in. The other three teams have internal problems and make a difficult balance. Still, I only see Brazil passing to the quaterfinals

Group B: Chile is a compelling team and has proven they can fight well. Albeit Spain and Netherlands are the "favorites" don't understimate the chileans

Group C: I agree with Gangwon in this point. Japan improves a lot. Yes Ivory Coast has great individual talents, but in play of team, Japan is better

Group D: Even when Uruguay wants another group, I think Suarez wants to quit the English team. Also karma is a b*tch :P

Group E: If the French can't qualified with this group, they're doom.

Group F: Argentina has a free way but don't forget that Bosnia was the big surprise of the UEFA this year.

Group G: Unless a huge tragedy happens Germany will qualified. Theorically Portugal would be next -Especially with the current state of Ronaldo-, but don't understimate the people of Ghana. They defeat twice to the USA, they played excellent with Uruguay...

Group H: With the exception of Algeria is anyone guess. I think Belgium is also overrated.

Group A: Brazil/Mexico

Group B: Netherlands/Spain

Group C: Colombia/Japan

Group D: Uruguay/Italy

Group E: France/Switzerland

Group F: Argentina/Nigeria

Group G: Germany/Portugal

Group H: Korea/Russia

BRAZIL - Spain

Colombia - ITALY

FRANCE - Nigeria

GERMANY - Russia

NETHERLANDS - Mexico

URUGUAY - Japan

ARGENTINA - Switzerland

PORTUGAL - Korea

BRAZIL - Italy

France - GERMANY

Netherlands - URUGUAY

ARGENTINA - Portugal

Brazil can face Chile again in the Round of 16... That's awesome!

About Brazil, our group is not easy as Argentine one (gosh, how lucky they were this time). It's good. Brazil is not good at mindpower playing against very weak opponents. It's good to play against teams who can cause porblems to be awake in the tournament since the beginning

Argentine press:

"We are already in the semis"

I just love their self confidence... Go for it like in 2002...

Thank you for encouraging me.What you said really makes me feel better and at ease...little by little but surely.The only thing very lucky about our team in group C is that the matches will start at 19:00(vs Cote d'Ivoire,Greece) and 16:00(Columbia)

FIFA world cup 2014 group stage;

http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/matches/index.html

The man wasn't Lionel Richie.I knew his name "Borat" for the first tiime.

Why do they move 'em around the country too much? That scheduling....just for the sake of sharing the games amongst 12 cities....is crazy. Thank god, I'm not much of a football fan to even want to follow my team like that. What would a No. American-Euro-Japanese fan spend to follow his team around in the prelims? At least US$4,500???

Or is the scheduling so that the 4 teams do not just sit and fester in one city if the original Groups were assigned to just one city?

Who has a better train system? Brazil or Russia??

Edited by baron-pierreIV

Brazil can face Chile again in the Round of 16... That's awesome!

That's awesome... only for you <_<:( hahahaha

In fact, I'm more worried about Brazil in the Round of 16 than Spain and the Netherlands. We can play good against them (not necessarily winning), but if we pass to the second round and play against Brazil, I'm pretty sure the confidence in the team will succumb and we'll be massacred :(

Why do they move 'em around the country too much? That scheduling....just for the sake of sharing the games amongst 12 cities....is crazy. Thank god, I'm not much of a football fan to even want to follow my team like that. What would a fan spend to follow his team around in the prelims? At least US$4,000???

I agree with you... but I just love the idea of watching Italy and England playing in Manaus.

Argentine press:

"We are already in the semis"

I just love their self confidence... Go for it like in 2002...

Says the guy whose coach said they'll be world champions.

BTW In which media did you found that headline?

Why do they move 'em around the country too much? That scheduling....just for the sake of sharing the games amongst 12 cities....is crazy. Thank god, I'm not much of a football fan to even want to follow my team like that. What would a fan spend to follow his team around in the prelims? At least US$4,000???

Because they have to move according to where the stadiums are;the stadiums used by football clubs of the country(maybe..). If WC would be held in the countries of large size like USA,China,Australia,Russia,the fans would follow just because they want to watch the best football on the great stage,which is WC. Hmm..$4000USD sounds too much.Not so many people watch all matches,I guess.

Having slept on it, I'm ok with this draw. I don't think England has much hope of winning it, so to get to play a couple of quality teams in the group stages should be fun.

World Cup in the land of football....only six months to go!