Sign in to follow this  
gotosy

Brazil 2014 Final Draw

Sepp does seem to like having Shakira around Fifa events. God knows why :rolleyes:;)

At least Shakira speaks Portuguese fluently

Right so can anyone tell me when the actual draw is due to happen. Not the start of the Eurovision-with-footballs before it, but when they plan on pulling out the first balls. Also, who is doing the draw? Pele, Ronaldo obvs, but who else?

(I don't actually know if Pele or Ronaldo are involved, but surely they must be somewhere)

According to FIFA site, these people will be helping Valcke: Geoff Hurst, Cafu, Cannavaro, Kempes, Fernando Hierro, Matthaus, Zidane and Alcides Ghiggia (lol)

One Brazilian? Really FIFA?

If it really is like that at the end, I like it. It gives an image of more "transparency" to the draw, even if it has nothing to do with how the groups will turn out.

PS not seeing Pele on stage for once would be great :lol:

According to FIFA site, these people will be helping Valcke: Geoff Hurst, Cafu, Cannavaro, Kempes, Fernando Hierro, Matthaus, Zidane and Alcides Ghiggia (lol)

What? No VANNA WHITE???

Pele to make appearance at World Cup draw

COSTA DO SAUIPE (Brazil), Dec 3: Organisers of the 2014 World Cup say football icon Pele will make an appearance at Friday’s draw in Brazil but his role is being kept a secret.

It hadn’t been clear whether Pele would be participating in the event that will determine the schedule for next year’s tournament, but organisers confirmed on Monday he will be part of the show broadcast to about 250 million viewers in more than 190 countries.

“He will be the ‘wow’ moment of the show,” said Luiz Gleiser, the event’s artistic manager.

Head of FIFA Films David Ausseil said Pele “will come to the stage” at some point but his participation in the ceremony won’t be revealed in advance. “We will keep that as the surprise on Friday,” Ausseil said.

Pele is a World Cup ambassador for the Brazilian government, but he was not involved in the Confederations Cup draw a year ago and surprisingly didn’t appear at the opening match of the World Cup warm-up tournament. He has made only a few appearances promoting the World Cup, the first in Brazil since 1950.

It is already certain that Pele will not be drawing the balls that determine the group placings.

Nearly 1,500 guests are expected to attend the event, along with about 2,000 journalists.—AP

http://www.dawn.com/news/1060329/pele-to-make-appearance-at-world-cup-draw

One Brazilian? Really FIFA?

Oh, I just found out that it's suppossed to symbolize the 8 world champion countries. All those 8 people lifted the trophy.

All 8 of them except Hierro, sorry.

If it really is like that at the end, I like it. It gives an image of more "transparency" to the draw, even if it has nothing to do with how the groups will turn out.

PS not seeing Pele on stage for once would be great :lol:

Not seeing Maradona is... normal.

Btw, where is he? Some drug cleaning clinic?

^^ Nah, it will be Ricky Martin now. I think they confirmed he will do the song this time. I'm kinda glad, though. After two consecutive WC's I was fearing they were going to milk Shakira again.

FIFA denies Ricky Martin Cup has been chosen official singer
The marketing director of FIFA, Thierry Weil, denied on wednesday that the Puerto Rican singer Ricky Martin is already confirmed as the voice that will sing the official song of World Cup 2014.
'This is not my area, but what I can say is that there will be three artists and one of them is Brazilian. What happened is that Sony invited tenders for submission of songs that could be taken by anyone'

By the way...

Spanish version: La Copa de Todos

Not seeing Maradona is... normal.

Btw, where is he? Some drug cleaning clinic?

lol I dislike Diego, I thank him for 86' but there ends my love for him... so you won't hurt my feelings by mocking his person :rolleyes:

Don't worry Dannyboy, O Rei will arrive on parachute to the stage and make out with Blatter at the end of the ceremony, like usual.

lol I dislike Diego, I thank him for 86' but there ends my love for him... so you won't hurt my feelings by mocking his person :rolleyes:

Don't worry Dannyboy, O Rei will arrive on parachute to the stage and make out with Blatter at the end of the ceremony, like usual.

Yes, you're right! Pele is a hero... 3 World Cup titles, 1,200 goals, 6 Brazilian titles for my Santos FC, 2 World Club titles, 2 Libertadores. If he wants to use parachutes, I'm really Okay to that. ;)

Yes, you're right! Pele is a hero... 3 World Cup titles, 1,200 goals, 6 Brazilian titles for my Santos FC, 2 World Club titles, 2 Libertadores. If he wants to use parachutes, I'm really Okay to that. ;)

I can relate to that (sorry everyone in advance for this brutal off-topic). My true idol is a player the rest of the world never heard of: Ricardo Bochini, the best player argentine league has ever had (cuz Maradona made his name playing abroad). Like Pele, he always played for one club (Independiente), won 4 Argentine titles, 4 Libertadores and 2 world club titles. He had the disgrace of not being fancied by national team coaches who prefered to call other, inferior, number 10s. So he missed all the world cups in his prime, he was finally called in 1986, when he was ending his career and obviously didn't get much time to play (only 10 min total) because of dieguito. A true hero of football, but unlike Pele he couldn't gain the world fame he would have deserved.

I can relate to that (sorry everyone in advance for this brutal off-topic). My true idol is a player the rest of the world never heard of: Ricardo Bochini, the best player argentine league has ever had (cuz Maradona made his name playing abroad). Like Pele, he always played for one club (Independiente), won 4 Argentine titles, 4 Libertadores and 2 world club titles. He had the disgrace of not being fancied by national team coaches who prefered to call other, inferior, number 10s. So he missed all the world cups in his prime, he was finally called in 1986, when he was ending his career and obviously didn't get much time to play (only 10 min total) because of dieguito. A true hero of football, but unlike Pele he couldn't gain the world fame he would have deserved.

Sad history.

I know Argentina have a bunch of fine players who never get the attention they deserved much because the blind love for Goddess Diva Maradona...

It must sound funny to some here, but, IMO, after Brazil, Argentina is the country I most respect (and hate) in the football.

You guys have a style and if you check Argentina history you had great great players.

IMO, Maradona was a great one of his time, but behind others in the history... Maradona is comparable to Ronaldo IMO (despite the fact Ronaldo won more titles than Maradona and is the World Cup greatest scorer).

Messi is by far better than Maradona. What a fine player! The best one now-a-days and one of the greatest ever.

It's sad he needed to go to Spain too young and almost became a Spaniard to be the greatest of our times. And worse, the Argentine team is not in the same level and probably won't help him to win the World Cup soon.

But, just imagine Messi playing with the 1990 Argentine team...

IMHO the biggest classic match among national teams is Brazil vs. Argentina and always will be.

The day Brazil faces Argentina in a World Cup final match, it will be the greatest day in the history of football. And I hope we win, of course.

Who knows about 2014?

I'm really fan of football and I do enjoy the rivalry, in a funny way, of course.

• Like 1

It's a shame, Messi could be the greatest ever, but he needs a World Cup. To win the World Cup, you need a great team, unfortunately he hasn't got Xavi feeding him for Argentina, he's basically got to win it alone. We could be talking about him as the undisputed greatest player never to win the World Cup, which would be a shame, like Cruyff never winning it.

FIFA’s official World Cup draw rehearsal took place in Brazil earlier this evening, and it provided the following eight groups.

Group A: Brazil, France, Australia, Italy.

Group B: Uruguay, Nigeria, USA, Croatia.

Group C: Argentina, Ghana, Costa Rica, Russia.

Group D: Switzerland, Chile, Japan, Greece.

Group E: Spain, Ivory Coast, South Korea, England.

Group F: Colombia, Cameroon, Honduras, Holland.

Group G: Germany, Ecuador, Iran, Portugal.

Group H: Belgium, Algeria, Mexico, Bosnia.

The official 2014 World Cup draw for the tournament will take place on Friday in Costa do Sauipe at 17.00 CET.

http://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=11105

This cannot be.Host country in death group? Yoshi, England is alright.

It's good that this happened in rehearsal. What are the odds of happening again tomorrow?

As a Dutch guy, I wouldn´t mind if the rehearsal would have been the actual draw. This draw produced some interesting groups.

And Bezzi, statistically, the odds of this happening again tomorrow are the same as for any other outcome, and the same as for todays rehearsal. Like a roulette wheel, draws have no memory. :)

Brazil vs France as opening match... Gosh, what a bad way to start a World Cup...

It's good that this happened in rehearsal. What are the odds of happening again tomorrow?

I don't know, but it happened at last season's Champions League draw a year ago.

2012_ChampionsLeague_draws_.jpg

Rehearsal draw on the left, actual draw on the right

• Like 1

I don't know, but it happened at last season's Champions League draw a year ago.

2012_ChampionsLeague_draws_.jpg

Rehearsal draw on the left, actual draw on the right

Was it electronic system to draw or the manual one?

^^ I think that's manual one and there must have been a senario.The ball vibrated and the picker should grab the ball... :ph34r:

OMG less than 5 hours to go...the date of fate has come.