A) Brazil, Italy, Algeria, Honduras

B ) Germany, England, Ghana, Australia

C) Belgium, Japan, Ecuador, Croatia

D) Switzerland, Chile, Mexico, Greece

E) Colombia, Bosnia-Herzegovina, United States, Côte d'ivoire

F) Argentina, France, Russia, Iran

G) Spain, South Korea, Cameroon, Portugal

H) Uruguay, Netherlands, Costa Rica, Nigeria

Wow, Brazil v Italy in the opening match, what a great way to start a World Cup: 9 titles together

I loved this ad from Itau Bank about the draw...

The world does not want to have Brazil as first opponent

Its in English

There are multiple versions... in the minute-long, some Africans get upset, in the shorter one, some Asian nation will face Brazil and people got sad... hahahaha

The Asians version

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

How about this case? A-Brazil,Australia,France,Bosnia-Hezegovina B-Uruguay,South Korea,Ghana,Netherlands C-Spain,Hoduras,Chile,Greece D-Switzerland,Iran,Cote d'ivoire,England (lucky group) E-Arg

Yes, the wait is excruciating. All the waiting and anticipation and then it's over in an instant, Then you just sit and stare at the the groups and matches for six months trying to figure how it's all

http://copadomundo.uol.com.br/album/2013/12/02/palco-do-sorteio-dos-grupos-da-copa-do-mundo.htm

How about this case?

A-Brazil,Australia,France,Bosnia-Hezegovina B)

B-Uruguay,South Korea,Ghana,Netherlands

C-Spain,Hoduras,Chile,Greece

D-Switzerland,Iran,Cote d'ivoire,England (lucky group)

E-Argentina,USA,Croatia,Cameroon

F-Belgium,Japan,Nigeria,Russia ^_^ (my group)

G-Colombia,Costa Rica,Algeria,Portugal

H-Germany,Italy,Mexico,Ecuador(maybe this is group of death)

*Draw by this site;http://www.1000web.net/2014worldcup-draws/english.html

Good balance and ideal. @Dannyel,yes many teams would like to avoid Brazil.

• Like 1

All teams wants to avoid Brazil, did you saw the Confederations Cup? It's tough to play against Brazil, in a Brazilian stadium full of Brazilian supporters... Spain players said they lost the game in the anthem...

Not even me would ever bet in a Brazil 3 - 0 over Spain... If the stadium atmosphere was magical at the CC... imagine in the World Cup...

Edited by DannyelBrazil

All teams wants to avoid Brazil, did you saw the Confederations Cup? It's tough to play against Brazil, in a Brazilian stadium full of Brazilian supporters... Spain players said they lost the game in the anthem...

I watched almost all the matches in confederations cup. You were the first opponent to us and so terrific. BTW,why is Swiss sorted into lucky group?Thanks to Blatter?

Wow, Brazil v Italy in the opening match, what a great way to start a World Cup: 9 titles together

I loved this ad from Itau Bank about the draw...

The world does not want to have Brazil as first opponent

Its in English

There are multiple versions... in the minute-long, some Africans get upset, in the shorter one, some Asian nation will face Brazil and people got sad... hahahaha

The Asians version

lol good ad. I love that they got an actor similar to Valcke.

On the other hand... getting overconfident again? -_- didn't learn from 98', 06', 10'? You should be playing humble and silent like 94' or 02'

On the other hand... getting overconfident again? -_- didn't learn from 98', 06', 10'? You should be playing humble and silent like 94' or 02'

Pretty much noboby is trusting much in the Scolari's team... Ad does not reflect the mood of most supporters...

Still, nobody wants to have their first match against Brazil in Brazil, that's reality.

About playing humble, when did you guys were humble????? :rolleyes:

FIFA's new iPhone, iPad and Android app to offer live World Cup draw

FIFA is preparing for the draw for 2014's football World Cup on 6 December by launching a new app, through which fans will be able to follow the draw live.

The free app has been released for iPhone, iPad and Android smartphones and tablets, with a focus that goes beyond international tournaments to cover 197 leagues around the world.

Besides streaming the World Cup draw live, the app will serve up match schedules, destination guides and team profiles for the tournament, which takes place in Brazil next summer.

However, its central feature is a "World Match Centre" which fans can customise to show results from their preferred competitions and clubs. The app will thus be competing with independent apps like The Football App, which said in October that it was attracting 4.5m active users.

FIFA's app will also show the men's and women's international rankings, and promote the body's activities in grassroots football around the world

http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2013/nov/29/fifa-iphone-ipad-android-app

Yes, the wait is excruciating. All the waiting and anticipation and then it's over in an instant, Then you just sit and stare at the the groups and matches for six months trying to figure how it's all going to play out.

• Like 1

Yes, the wait is excruciating. All the waiting and anticipation and then it's over in an instant, Then you just sit and stare at the the groups and matches for six months trying to figure how it's all going to play out.

To take my minds off that day,I'll be listening to this song this week;http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9We2XsVZfc by Ray Parker jr."Ghostbusters".

I ain't afraid of draw.

Will Shakira shake her booty again?? :blink:

/\/\ It looks more like a Beijing stage set.

She gave birth to her first boy baby this year and I guess she'll concentrate on taking care of her son during WC maybe,but this is just my poor guess.

I don't whether know she's pausing her music activities or not.

^^ Nah, it will be Ricky Martin now. I think they confirmed he will do the song this time. I'm kinda glad, though. After two consecutive WC's I was fearing they were going to milk Shakira again.

^^ Nah, it will be Ricky Martin now. I think they confirmed he will do the song this time. I'm kinda glad, though. After two consecutive WC's I was fearing they were going to milk Shakira again.

Menudo in Japan.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iX764FLzN98 .(from13:00)

Ricky Martin? Are you guys kidding?

Unless FIFA wants to became an eternal joke among Brazilian people...

Brazilians will get crazy if a foreigner sing the official song...

I don't see why Ricky Martin would be a bad choice, his song for 98' was good (for sport events' music standars).

Who you propose then, Dannyboy?

I can write a list of 1,000 Brazilian singers better than Ricky Martin...

In a country famous for its music, singers and unique rhythms, to bring Ricky Martin sounds a bit odd... To say the least...

Not to mention how much we hate to be considered Hispanic by mistake. Ricky Martin would only enforce this wrong vision abroad, specially among Americans.

Still, a Brazilian and a famous international singer would be a smart choice to make everybody happy.

Edited by DannyelBrazil

A press conference will be held in Costa do Sauipe, Bahia (Brazil) on 3 December at 12.30 local time (16.30 CET), following the meeting of the Organising Committee for the FIFA World Cup™.

At this meeting, the allocation of pots for the FIFA World Cup Brazil 2014 Final Draw, as well as the prize money for the tournament, will be determined.

The press conference will be attended by FIFA President Blatter, Jose Maria Marin, the LOC chairman, Aldo Rebelo, Minister of Sport, Jérôme Valcke, FIFA Secretary General and Ronaldo, Member of the LOC Board of Administration.

The press conference will be streamed live as of 12.30 local time (16.30 CET) on FIFA.com and FIFA on YouTube.

FIFA

FIFA on Tuesday announced the following pots to be used for Friday's draw for next year's World Cup finals when the 32 teams will be placed into eight first-round groups of four.

Pot 1 consists of the eight top seeds, one of each to be drawn in Groups A-H. The remaining pots are based on geographical criteria.

Hosts Brazil will be allocated position A1 in the draw and will play the opening match in Sao Paulo on June 12.

Pot 1 (top eight seeds): Brazil, Spain, Argentina, Belgium, Colombia, Germany, Switzerland, Uruguay

Pot 2: Ivory Coast, Ghana, Algeria, Nigeria, Cameroon, Chile, Ecuador

Pot 3: Japan, Iran, South Korea, Australia, United States, Mexico, Costa Rica, Honduras

Pot 4: Bosnia, Croatia, England, Greece, Italy, Netherlands, Portugal, Russia, France

Note: A pre-draw will be held to move one of the nine European teams into Pot 2. That European team will then be drawn against one of the four seeded South American teams to preserve the geographical balance of the draw.

The four South American seeds: Brazil, Uruguay, Colombia, Argentina will form a temporary Pot X. The three teams not drawn against the European team in Pot 2 will return to the main draw.

Reuters

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/football-fifa-names-world-cup-draw-pots-162230927--sow.html