Sign in to follow this  
Faster

Short Track

disappointing crowd all right. Hopefully it fills up. They might bring in the military or school kids next

Well I hope Christie is ashamed of herself. That was a dreadful pass that no one in their right mind should have attempted. She completely robbed Park and Fontana from a chance at getting a gold medal.

• Like 1

Nice takeout by Christie.

LOL, German TV was just switching from Short Track to Curling, talking about a double takeout there. The two sports might be related after all...

I hope we won't hear an outcry that Team GB was robbed of a medal.

LOL, German TV was just switching from Short Track to Curling, talking about a double takeout there. The two sports might be related after all...

It would be so hypocritical. Christie is the one that robbed Fontana and Park. Li really ought to buy her dinner tonight, that was a gift from Christie.

Well I hope Christie is ashamed of herself. That was a dreadful pass that no one in their right mind should have attempted. She completely robbed Park and Fontana from a chance at getting a gold medal.

That was ridiculous. She got lucky just to make the final and then proceeded to trash it.

"Robbed", lol, it all ahppened in a split second. These things happen. Judges right though.

Judges were wrong. Even the pundits said. We should have silver, not Italy.

Which pundits? She committed an awful, dangerous pass and was rightly penalized for it.

Which pundits? She committed an awful, dangerous pass and was rightly penalized for it.

Exactly. I really wanted Christie to be on the podium but she fully deserved that penalty. Fontana stayed on her line, as is her right.

Edited by Fox334

Took Tony quite a long time, but eventually...

• Like 1

Which pundits? She committed an awful, dangerous pass and was rightly penalized for it..

I don't know which pundits he's talking about either. The commentary team said straight after the race she'd likely get penalised and that she knew what was coming.

Threre was some discussion after the race as to whether a crash that early in the race should result in a restart, because it just meant it was a non-contest for Gold, but I don't think anyone had a problem with the penalty. Disappointment more than anger.

If you look closely, the Italian tugged ours, so it's not our fault.

I don't know which pundits he's talking about either. The commentary team said straight after the race she'd likely get penalised and that she knew what was coming.

Threre was some discussion after the race as to whether a crash that early in the race should result in a restart, because it just meant it was a non-contest for Gold, but I don't think anyone had a problem with the penalty. Disappointment more than anger.

Last night, on BBC Red Button, on Today at Sochi.

Last night, on BBC Red Button, on Today at Sochi.

Sorry, if Christie had never attempted such a reckless pass, this would have never been an issue.

Sorry, if Christie had never attempted such a reckless pass, this would have never been an issue.

I tend to disagree. I saw it live, and the slow motion replay.

I tend to disagree. I saw it live, and the slow motion replay.

Sigh. I'm gonna regret this.

So how is this Fontana's fault?

• Like 1

Sigh. I'm gonna regret this.

So how is this Fontana's fault?

She tugged our racer.

I'm pulling out of this now, I've given my view, and we will go round in circles.

"ours" has a name. Nice objective view you have there.

I just watched the race again including the slow motion replay. Christie didn't get tugged. She put herself in the wrong position and caused the crash. The judges made the correct call in enforcing the penalty.

"ours" has a name. Nice objective view you have there.

I just watched the race again including the slow motion replay. Christie didn't get tugged. She put herself in the wrong position and caused the crash. The judges made the correct call in enforcing the penalty.

It wasn't her fault. I'm not commenting on the matter anymore. I know what I saw.

Tony, I felt the same why when Canada lost their bronze in the 4x100 in London. But I accepted it and sucked it up, because the officials made the right call. Please do the same Tony before you lose even more of your credibility. Cannot wait until the World Cup not for the soccer, but to see Tony's posts here.

It wasn't her fault. I'm not commenting on the matter anymore. I know what I saw.

Fine, you're entitled to your opinion. The judges thought otherwise and most of us believe they were correct. What you saw was obscured by your allegiance to *your* Great Britain. Again, the fact you didn't reference the competitors name is a telling sign towards your objectivity