Which 4 cities do u think will make the 2022 Short List?

baron-pierreIV

Which will be the 2022 Finalist cities?  

116 members have voted

1. 1. Pick 4 that u think will make the Short List.

• Almaty
    • Beijing-Yankeejoe
    • Krakow-Jasna
    • Lviv
    • Oslo-Kvitjfell
    • Stockholm-Are

Will every lay off me I have dyslexia I have a hard time in spelling and putting together sentence I can't help it, It is something I struggled with this in my life I can't help it so lay off me.

I've never commented on your punctuation. I understand what you go through, I have OCD and Tourettes (Mental illness/learning difficulty) so I understand, so if you want to talk PM me. Back to topic: This is my view on it:

Candidate Cities:

Oslo.

Krakow.

Beijing.

Round 1: Beijing has been eliminated.

Final Round: Oslo win.

Lviv over Beijing?!

Says original Lviv supporter.

The only way I see Lviv making it, is if the IOC allows all bids to move forward, showing perhaps their new stance on the bidding process? Or some bull-sh*t over they're support over what's happening in Ukraine.

But of course that's unlikely.

If you look at the bear, no BS unbiased position. Oslo, Krakow, Almaty and Beijing all have enough of the requirements, support and infrastructure to be considered safe to reasonably risky choices to host.

Out of the 4, Krakow has the least infrastucture on the ground currently to host, but Poland successfully hosted Euro 2012 and got a good deal of praise for their part of the tournament.

Despite FYI's constant bashing of Kazakhstan, Kazakhstan (ethnic Russian Kazakhs) had contributed significantly to Soviet winter success over the years. And now the government is just pouring money into winter sport. The IIHF would also be a lot more confortable with Kazakhstan than Poland given the sacrifices they had to make for Korea. Fasel is powerful enough to see to Kazakhstan getting enough consideration.

On a technical basis Almaty (which has already produced a bid that statisfied the IOC's requirements), Oslo, Krakow and Beijing should all provide the IOC with a basis from which they'd be confident a decent edition of the Games would be hosted. For safety reasons I think the IOC will go with 4 candidates and just leave out Lviv for obvious reasons.

Edited by faster

I'm not "constantly bashing" Kazahkstan anymore than others constantly bash China & Poland on here. If they can incessantly state their BS bias position, then why can't I state my piece.

The rhetoric you sometimes spout around here doesn't amount to anything a lot of the time. You did the same with PyeongChang 2018 citing any little thing against them & their bid. The reality is, the way the IOC is worried about having virtually all the caliber, traditional hosts fleeing from their sights doesn't really bode well for bids like Almaty.

Yeah, they may have more on the ground, but how much of it is still up to Olympic standards. Doha meet the "technical" requirements, but the IOC still said 'thanks, but no thanks'. The only way I could see them seriously consider Almaty is if the E.B. has an inclination that Oslo could still bail out. But if there's some certainly that the Norwegian bid will definitely move forward (with Bach & Heiberg working furiously behind the scenes on their behalf), then that's all the IOC needs. They need to show the Munich's, the Switzerland's & the Sweden's that the IOC doesn't just give the Games to authoritarian regimes nowadays.

Says original Lviv supporter.

The only way I see Lviv making it, is if the IOC allows all bids to move forward, showing perhaps their new stance on the bidding process? Or some bull-sh*t over they're support over what's happening in Ukraine.

But of course that's unlikely.

Oh, so I changed my mind nearly 3 months ago? So now human beings can't change their mind?

If you look at the bear, no BS unbiased position. Oslo, Krakow, Almaty and Beijing all have enough of the requirements, support and infrastructure to be considered safe to reasonably risky choices to host.

Out of the 4, Krakow has the least infrastucture on the ground currently to host, but Poland successfully hosted Euro 2012 and got a good deal of praise for their part of the tournament.

Despite FYI's constant bashing of Kazakhstan, Kazakhstan (ethnic Russian Kazakhs) had contributed significantly to Soviet winter success over the years. And now the government is just pouring money into winter sport. The IIHF would also be a lot more confortable with Kazakhstan than Poland given the sacrifices they had to make for Korea. Fasel is powerful enough to see to Kazakhstan getting enough consideration.

On a technical basis Almaty (which has already produced a bid that statisfied the IOC's requirements), Oslo, Krakow and Beijing should all provide the IOC with a basis from which they'd be confident a decent edition of the Games would be hosted. For safety reasons I think the IOC will go with 4 candidates and just leave out Lviv for obvious reasons.

Just an important piece of information, Poland CO-Hosted UEFA Euro 2012 with Ukraine.

I think Poland and Germany should now grab, split and annex Kaliningrad!!

99% of people there are Russians. No major resources (amber, sands for cement industry?), no justified reason to annex that land.

Oh, so I changed my mind nearly 3 months ago? So now human beings can't change their mind?

You can change your mind, but you only did so when EVERYONE said Lviv was a non starter. Lack of such knowledge shows that most of your comments here should be taken lightly.

And there was praise from Poland's part hosting the 2012 Euro, not so much from the Ukraine side.

Edited by Lord David
  • Like 1

You can change your mind, but you only did so when EVERYONE said Lviv was a non starter. Lack of such knowledge shows that most of your comments here should be taken lightly.

And there was praise from Poland's part hosting the 2012 Euro, not so much from the Ukraine side.

I changed my mind 3 months ago. I research more now.