Sign in to follow this  
baron-pierreIV

Which 4 cities do u think will make the 2022 Short List?

Which will be the 2022 Finalist cities?  

116 members have voted

1. 1. Pick 4 that u think will make the Short List.

• Almaty
    • Beijing-Yankeejoe
    • Krakow-Jasna
    • Lviv
    • Oslo-Kvitjfell
    • Stockholm-Are

I am. Wacha gonna do about it?

You clutter the landscape with your inanities. Drop this stupid act of yours.

Don't judge who and what I am when you don't know me. I am a 16 year old male from London, England. Now stop judging me when you don't know me. I will not post a picture as you don't know who is looking. You don't have to be a member to browse the forum's, so anyone could see.

The Krakow and Jasna multi-country Bid (people differ on opinion if it's multi or mainly Poland, I say Multi because Slovakia will host some events), is gonna be a bigger problem for the IOC, then the distance with the Stockholm/Are Bid IMHO.

WHY will it be a problem?

Because the IOC won't support a multi-country Bid like Fifa or UEFA does.

Salzburg 2014

Seriously.. why are people treating this like it's a multi-country bid as if that hasn't happened before. And I know Salzburg didn't win, but they still got more than 1/4 of the votes in the first round the last time they were in the running. Seems like a decent amount of support to me.

FIFA and UEFA aren't keen on them either, but they went on to accept them, especially UEFA, because of lack of other options. And soon enough, for Winter Games, the IOC will be in the same situation. After all, they have an exception clause for that scenario in the Charter, so...

FIFA and UEFA aren't keen on them either, but they went on to accept them, especially UEFA, because of lack of other options. And soon enough, for Winter Games, the IOC will be in the same situation. After all, they have an exception clause for that scenario in the Charter, so...

Fifa weren't keen because the 2002 World Cup had 2 Organising Committee's, instead of 1. With Euro 2012, they had 1 big organisation for Poland and Ukraine. I still don't think Krakow will win.

More nonsense from Tony E. And he expects to be taken "seriously" here. :rolleyes:

How is it more nonsense? Weather a city hosts 1 event or 20,000, it is still contributing to the games. So I think the IOC will choose Stockholm or Oslo.

wrong.

Ok we will see. For example, when Belgium and Holland Bid for the World Cup, the Bid stated it was a Benelux Bid, which by my research which I have started doing, consists of Belgium, Holland AND Luxembourg. So the Bid was Benelux, because Luxembourg was going to hold the Fifa Congress, so they still counted it as a 3 way Bid, even though it only hosted the Congress. It's the same with this. The IOC will count the Bid as a joint Bid of Krakow/Jasna.

Tony E, one question to you.

Beijing 2008 was joint bid of Hong Kong and China PR?

With Euro 2012, they had 1 big organisation for Poland and Ukraine.

Where you got this info? Thats lie. There wasnt one organization responsible for both Ukraine and Poland.

Tony E, one question to you.

Beijing 2008 was joint bid of Hong Kong and China PR?

Where you got this info? Thats lie. There wasnt one organization responsible for both Ukraine and Poland.

2008 was obviously just Beijing, HK was added long after the Games were awarded, but anyway, don't worry Petr, the IOC doesn't consist of 16 year olds with doubtful sources. I only agree with Tony that Kraków won't win - this time - but not hecause of the alledged "bi-national issue".

2008 was obviously just Beijing, HK was added long after the Games were awarded, but anyway, don't worry Petr, the IOC doesn't consist of 16 year olds with doubtful sources. I only agree with Tony that Kraków won't win - this time - but not hecause of the alledged "bi-national issue".

Why do people keep bringing my age up? Judging people by there age is a form of discrimination.

Why do people keep bringing my age up? Judging people by there age is a form of discrimination.

It's not discrimination.. we're questioning your knowledge and experience that yes, dots seem to be influenced by your age. That you treat Krakow's bid as if the IOC well assuredly treat it as a joint Poland/Slovakia bid and then not to acknowledge Salzburg 2014 is a bad argument

Because you sometimes like to use it in your defence when some lack of knowledge is exposed?

Despite your contrary statement when you came back from your little break around Christmas, you keep on posting all kinds of nonsense almost incessantly. Sorry, but I'm running out of patience.

It's not discrimination.. we're questioning your knowledge and experience that yes, dots seem to be influenced by your age. That you treat Krakow's bid as if the IOC well assuredly treat it as a joint Poland/Slovakia bid and then not to acknowledge Salzburg 2014 is a bad argument

Did Salzburg win? No. I rest my case. Even if some voted Salzburg, the Majority of the IOC voted elsewhere.

Did Salzburg win? No. I rest my case. Even if some voted Salzburg, the Majority of the IOC voted elsewhere.

Your case was that the IOC would treat it as a joint bid. History tells us that's not the case. So what if they didn't win. Poland may not win. Doesn't add credence to your argument though. And Salzburg did get 25 out of 95 votes. That's not a small amount of support in a 3 city vote where you claim the IOC would barely consider

Some people in here that bash Tony E for his age act as 5 years olds kids themselves. What about to look at yourself in the mirror before bash anyone else?

• Like 3

Salzburg certainly did not lose because they proposed the sliding track in Germany.

Fact is this is a Krakow bid with a venue in Slovakia because the geography doesn't allow for it in Poland. This is allowed by the IOC.

I only agree with Tony that Kraków won't win - this time - but not hecause of the alledged "bi-national issue".

Actually, I have this same feeling ;-) (In Poland we have proverb: Hope is a mother of fools).

I suppose the IOC can turn a blind eye to multi-bid, and I do think Krakow would win if they Bid for the 2030 Winter Olympics IMO. 2022 = Stockholm/Are, 2026 = Usa (not sure which city).

That just restates the question without an answer. WHY won't the IOC support a bid with a discipline in another country.

• Like 1

I suppose the IOC can turn a blind eye to multi-bid, and I do think Krakow would win if they Bid for the 2030 Winter Olympics IMO. 2022 = Stockholm/Are, 2026 = Usa (not sure which city).

So they won't have the same issue 8 years later? :blink:

• Like 1

The Krakow and Jasna multi-country Bid (people differ on opinion if it's multi or mainly Poland, I say Multi because Slovakia will host some events), is gonna be a bigger problem for the IOC, then the distance with the Stockholm/Are Bid IMHO.

See this is the issue here. YOU view it as a multi-country bid as a matter of opinion. How well the IOC see it though? Because that's who makes the decision. Slovakia is hosting 1 centre, just like Salzburg had 1 venue in Germany. That's your precedent. I don't remember the bid/vote back in 2007 so well, but I'd the IOC didn't treat them as a multi-country bid, I see no reason to think they'll do that here.

I agree it's a problem, but I have reasons for that, namely the language and currency issues. That's a train I think it could be a problem. Not just that you view it as a multi-country bid and therefore you believe the IOC won't like that