Which 4 cities do u think will make the 2022 Short List?

baron-pierreIV

Which will be the 2022 Finalist cities?  

116 members have voted

1. 1. Pick 4 that u think will make the Short List.

• Almaty
    • Beijing-Yankeejoe
    • Krakow-Jasna
    • Lviv
    • Oslo-Kvitjfell
    • Stockholm-Are

Also fair enough economy is in trouble but who's isn't in this day and age?

Like everything else, some are worse than others, though. Why pick the one that's in the worst of shape when you have five other options that are not as bad. It's just common sense.

• Replies 658
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Like everything else, some are worse than others, though. Why pick the one that's in the worst of shape when you have five other options that are not as bad. It's just common sense.

So Money should win over everything? Money shouldn't. It should contribute but not take over. I do know the bidding process and what is needed and required ok.

I have no Ukrainian Connections and I honestly do know the Bidding Process hence I supported 4 out of 5 of the previous bidding process correctly.

Then you're gonna be 4 out of 6 six then soon enough.

So Money should win over everything? Money shouldn't. It should contribute but not take over. I do know the bidding process and what is needed and required ok.

Sorry, but at this point, I have to ask, how old are you?

Look if I am I will be man enough to say I was wrong and you was right and if I am right I won't boast cuz it is opinion if I am 4 out of 6 then congratulations you was right this time.

I don't want to give out that imformation because age shouldn't matter. Older people shouldn't be patronised and younger people shouldn't be looked down on so my age is no concern.

And no, money is not everything, otherwise Doha wouldn't have been shown the door early on twice already. But your argument is that everyone else is also in bad economic slump these days. You also said that money should contribute, yes. Well, if all the economies are doing bad, according to you, then at what point should one make a responsible decision so that money can still "contribute" in bad economic times. Just like at all of Madrid's losing bids. So sorry. Again, that's not Lviv.

*just look at all of Madrid's losing bids.

And no, money is not everything, otherwise Doha wouldn't have been shown the door early on twice already. But your argument is that everyone else is also in bad economic slump these days. You also said that money should contribute, yes. Well, if all the economies are doing bad, according to you, then at what point should one make a responsible decision so that money can still "contribute" in bad economic times. Just like at all of Madrid's losing bids. So sorry. Again, that's not Lviv.

i dont want to argue with you. I respect your view so please respect mine. I never ask for you to agree but to respect like I am with you. Thank You.

You keep saying to respect your opinion & that you are respecting others, but when you consistently are challenging others opinions on Lviv, then that's not what appears to be happening here. Besides, it's not really a matter of "respecting" or not respecting opinions. These boards are to DISCUSS those opinions.

If you don't happen to like others opinions on the matter, then fine. But don't expect that others aren't going to challenge "your opinons" when you're doing exactly the same. If it's not a matter of age, then please be able to debate age accordingly, instead of being so defensive & challenging simply bcuz you think that other here are being "unfair or harsh" on Lviv.

You keep saying to respect your opinion & that you are respecting others, but when you consistently are challenging others opinions on Lviv, then that's not what appears to be happening here. Besides, it's not really a matter of "respecting" or not respecting opinions. These boards are to DISCUSS those opinions.

If you don't happen to like others opinions on the matter, then fine. But don't expect that others aren't going to challenge "your opinons" when you're doing exactly the same. If it's not a matter of age, then please be able to debate age accordingly, instead of being so defensive & challenging simply bcuz you think that other here are being "unfair or harsh" on Lviv.

Ok fair enough. I am sorry.

If Lviv's ceremonies stadium is their strongest attribute, then they are starting out pretty poor. The ceremonies stadium is the LEAST important venue for the Winter Olympics. They could host it in a field for all it matters, like Albertville and Lake Placid essentially did.

Money isn't the only factor, but it is a pretty big one. The Olympics are champagne, Ferraris and Prada. But if all you can afford is beer, Toyotas and H&M, you'd better save your money.

If Lviv's ceremonies stadium is their strongest attribute, then they are starting out pretty poor. The ceremonies stadium is the LEAST important venue for the Winter Olympics. They could host it in a field for all it matters, like Albertville and Lake Placid essentially did.

Money isn't the only factor, but it is a pretty big one. The Olympics are champagne, Ferraris and Prada. But if all you can afford is beer, Toyotas and H&M, you'd better save your money.

I'm not debating Lviv no more I now support Stockholm/Are 2022.

So what was it that finally convinced you then.

Well if I am being honest I DO know the bid process but I did not know to much about why they were protesting in Lviv. I did my research and Ukraine is unstable and you was right. I was wrong. Stockholm seems more stable.

Well if I am being honest I DO know the bid process but I did not know to much about why they were protesting in Lviv. I did my research and Ukraine is unstable and you was right. I was wrong. Stockholm seems more stable.

Kiev*

Right I have made a few changes to my opinion regarding shortlist. I recon in my opinion - Stockholm, Sweden - Beijing, China - Almaty, Kazakhstan and Oslo, Norway will make shortlist. I also want and think Stockholm will be host.

The Scandianvian trolls have a deep reach in their gov'ts. They do not want their hills and bridges being tramped upon. That is why their govt's aren't supporting their respective bids.

Well in the Olympic Rules, the Government have to back the Bid for the Bid to become Official??

Well in the Olympic Rules, the Government have to back the Bid for the Bid to become Official??

No. The NOC has to submit the bid - the IOC only requires government guarantees later in the process.

A wise NOC however checks with its national government beforehand - unless they want to play power games and create a public support campaign where a government couldn't say no anymore.

No. The NOC has to submit the bid - the IOC only requires government guarantees later in the process.

A wise NOC however checks with its national government beforehand - unless they want to play power games and create a public support campaign where a government couldn't say no anymore.

Well yes that is true but Oslo and Stockholm haven't got government backing which is a bit silly.

Well yes that is true but Oslo and Stockholm haven't got government backing which is a bit silly.

Not necessarily. It's early. This allows time to develop a plan so that the government understands what they are being asked to support. Ask too early and the government will likely say "we need more information."

The Norwegian government is set to decide next fall. Don't know about Sweden.

Not necessarily. It's early. This allows time to develop a plan so that the government understands what they are being asked to support. Ask too early and the government will likely say "we need more information."

The Norwegian government is set to decide next fall. Don't know about Sweden.

Good Point. Hopefully the Government backs it because Stockholm is a strong bid same with Oslo.

Archived