Beijing/Zhangjiakou 2022

Yes. It'll be the first or 2nd one out. And the IOC wasn't too crazy with the Chinese after 2008 either.

They have the Facilities in Beijing but the time frame is too near.

They have the Facilities in Beijing but the time frame is too near.

Yeah, but so what? There are facilities in...let's see..Tokyo, Osaka, Seoul, Montreal, Paris, New York, Toronto, Zurich, Moscow....yet none of them are going to make a tenuous run for a WOG. And especially not with the horrendous smog China is creating for itself. Of course, the timing is too close. This Chinese bid is just a warm-up for a probable Harbin bid in the future.

• Like 1

Yeah, but so what? There are facilities in...let's see..Tokyo, Osaka, Seoul, Montreal, Paris, New York, Toronto, Zurich, Moscow....yet none of them are going to make a tenuous run for a WOG. And especially not with the horrendous smog China is creating for itself. Of course, the timing is too close. This Chinese bid is just a warm-up for a probable Harbin bid in the future.

Wouldn't a Bid from let's say Shanghai, Nanjing or even Shenzhen be a Stronger bid than Harbin?

Wouldn't a Bid from let's say Shanghai, Nanjing or even Shenzhen be a Stronger bid than Harbin?

HOW close are those cities to viable slopes?? But it's even too remote a topic for me to worry about at this time, Tony.

AND 3 Asian Olympics in a row just won't happen. Especially not TWO consecutive WOGs.

Edited by baron-pierreIV

Like I've said all along, Beijing 2022 is nothing but an insurance policy. Nothing more, nothing less. If in the event the Stockholm & Oslo bids were to back out now, due to lack of government backing, then the IOC will be lucky enough to have the reliable Chinese in there. Beggars can't be choosers.

• Like 1

Beijing will not win. As Baron said, 3 Asian Olympic Games in a row just won't happen. 3 Games from same continent in a row will not happen. If Tokyo (which I am glad they did I supported the Tokyo Bid and Madrid as a 3rd Favorite Behind Baku) didn't get the 2020 Summer Olympic Games, Busan, South Korea would of bidded for 2024 Summer Olympics when the process starts but cancelled for 2028 Summer Olympic Games and FYI I agree with you.

And this is why this also rules out Almaty.

Yes Correct. Although in Football, Kazakhstan is part of UEFA (Europe), I don't know if the IOC see's it like that though.

Please. People still have a hard time viewing Turkey as European, & the Turks would have more of a claim to that than the Kazahks ever could.

That is true and I personally count Turkey as European.

Turkey is far-west Asian. Does middle east belong to Asia?

Turkey is on 2 Continents Europe and Asia because I think this is the right way around Fenerbahce are on the Europe Side of the Bosphorus and Galatasaray are on the Asian Side of the Bosphorus (even though Galatasaray play in The UEFA Champions League), but the Turkish FA count themselves as part of UEFA (Europe).

Turkey is on 2 Continents Europe and Asia because I think this is the right way around Fenerbahce are on the Europe Side of the Bosphorus and Galatasaray are on the Asian Side of the Bosphorus (even though Galatasaray play in The UEFA Champions League), but the Turkish FA count themselves as part of UEFA (Europe) and I think the Middle East is owned by Asia because Countries from Middle East, participate in Asian Sporting Events..

Turkey is economically belongs to majorly Europe. But they are westernmost Asian.

BTW Israel,Jordan,Lebanon..nations of left side in Arabian peninsula are Asian countries? I often hear the news refer just "miidle east".I believe they are simply Middle Eastern.

• Like 1

Turkey is economically belongs to majorly Europe. But they are westernmost Asian.

BTW Israel,Jordan,Lebanon..nations of left side in Arabian peninsula are Asian countries? I often hear the news refer just "miidle east".I believe they are simply Middle Eastern.

Well Israel plays Football in Europe. Jordan and Lebanon are Asia. Part of the Middle East is Africa aswell, for example Libya, Morocco, Egypt, Syria, Sudan and South Sudan.

Well Israel plays Football in Europe. Jordan and Lebanon are Asia. Part of the Middle East is Africa aswell, for example Libya, Morocco, Egypt, Syria, Sudan and South Sudan.

But it's the case of sorted by football. Israel once belonged to AFC and the fact is still wonder to me.

But it's the case of sorted by football. Israel once belonged to AFC and the fact is still wonder to me.

Well it's the same with Australia being with OFC, then in 2006 moving to AFC, due to wanting tougher competition (Australia FA words, not mine by the way). I'm not saying this is deffiently the reason for Israel going to UEFA, but my guess is is because of the again Political fighting between Israel and the rest of the Middle East (although I could be wrong).

I really don't have anything to say here, for me is insame that Korea, Japan and China will host olympics in a row. Damn you ambitious China, 2030 was wating for you.

China hasn't got the Olympics yet. We are just at the First Phase of Bidding.

West Europe~East Europe~Turkey(Western most Asia IMO)~West Asia(gulf countries.right side of Arabian peninsula+afghan.India)~East Asia~Far East

.............................................Israel etc.(left side of the peninsula)=middle east???.............................................................................................................

Turkey is west Asian and israeli are Middle Eastern,why? :unsure:

West Europe~East Europe~Turkey(Western most Asia IMO)~West Asia(gulf countries.right side of Arabian peninsula+afghan.India)~East Asia~Far East

.............................................Israel etc.(left side of the peninsula)=middle east???.............................................................................................................

Turkey is west Asian and israeli are Middle Eastern,why? :unsure:

I have no clue. I determine it by what Confederation they play for.

They moved ISRAEL with the Euro groupings mainly because of two reasons: security concerns, it was just too much of a headache to have Israel play regular games with its hostile, hot-headed neighbors...and not result in full-scale wars...all over sports. And because Israel has a European heritage. So it was just easier, less messy and made more sense to have Israel play against the Europeans and not with its fanatical neighbors. That's why. And it lives up to the axiom that "there's an exception to every rule."

Similar to Australia. Australia is just too powerful a nation to compete with all the little island nations of its grouping. It would just about smother them. So to keep everyone competitive, they just moved Australia to the bigger, stronger Asian grouping (both in football and volleyball).

Edited by baron-pierreIV

I know but it drives me insane that they have bidded... Same as Harbin in 2010 will be outcome I guess.

Like many people are guessing, it's probably Bidding as a Practice for 2026.

They moved ISRAEL with the Euro groupings mainly because of two reasons: security concerns, it was just too much of a headache to have Israel play regular games with its hostile hot-heade, neighbors...which would inevitably lead to full-scale wars. And because Israel has a European heritage, so it was just easier to have Israel play against the Europeans and not with its fanatical neighbors. That's why. And it lives up to the axiom that "there's an exception to every rule."

Similar to Australia. Australia is just too powerful a nation to compete with all the little island nations of its grouping. It would just about smother them. So to keep everyone competitive, they just moved Australia to the bigger, stronger Asian grouping (both in football and volleyball).

Sounds about right. Security Concerns was similar to what I said about Political Reasons with the rest of Middle East having a problem with Israel so Israel probably moved because of that and yes Australia moved because they dominated OFC, thats what I said. I think New Zealand should move to OFC aswell.

Like many people are guessing, it's probably Bidding as a Practice for 2026.

Sounds about right. Security Concerns was similar to what I said about Political Reasons with the rest of Middle East having a problem with Israel so Israel probably moved because of that and yes Australia moved because they dominated OFC, thats what I said. I think New Zealand should move to AFC aswell.