Beijing/Zhangjiakou 2022

I should coclude the countries of left side are Middle eastern Asia?..geographically? I don't think the're Asains,but MIDDLE EASTERNS.

Middle East I think is like a Sub-Continent, so a mini Continent in Asia I guess.

palette, what is the "Middle East" today was called the Near East when Britain and France ruled most of it; and before it was partitioned in the 1st half of the 20th century. It was "Near" because it was the nearest to Europe. India, Pakistan, etc. were known as Middle Asia then before it became the "Subcontinent." And the countries east of what is Bangladesh today were known as the "Far East"...i.e., farthest from Europe...who made all the world maps...and thus were first in calling many new lands the way they saw it.

Mini-continent of Asia?? It's the only one area so-called MIDDLE EAST to me.. :rolleyes:

palette, what is the "Middle East" today was called the Near East when Britain and France ruled most of it; and before it was partitioned in the 1st half of the 20th century. It was "Near" because it was the nearest to Europe. India, Pakistan, etc. were known as Middle Asia then before it became the "Subcontinent." And the countries east of what is Bangladesh today were known as the "Far East"...i.e., farthest from Europe...who made all the world maps...and thus were first in calling many new lands the way they saw it.

OK,thanks for the explanations. I understand ;) .

I should coclude the countries of left side are Middle eastern Asia?..geographically? I don't think the're Asains,but MIDDLE EASTERNS.

"Middle East" is merely a region that straddles Western Asia & Northern Africa. It's not a continent nor a subcontinent. It's mostly a cultural, regional reference moreso than anything else. IE why countries like Iran, Saudi Arabia & Egypt are the first ones to come to mind when most here the term.

No, it's not. "Middle East' is that part of Middle Earth inhabited by turban-wearing and scimitar-wielding peoples with that evil look in their eyes!!

Some people would take offence to that.

Well, I am offended by their behavior, Tony. Maybe they should look at themselves and see what they're doing. :P

I don't want to get into that sort of Politics.

I didn't say they should, I was asking opinion.

Without bothering to find out whether any of the aforementioned locales has the requisite topography for hosting Winter Games. You did suggest any of them would be superior to Harbin, which actually does make sense as a Winter host.

Don't expect us to take you seriously when you throw these crazy ideas out there without bothering to do even a cursory Internet search.

Without bothering to find out whether any of the aforementioned locales has the requisite topography for hosting Winter Games. You did suggest any of them would be superior to Harbin, which actually does make sense as a Winter host.

Don't expect us to take you seriously when you throw these crazy ideas out there without bothering to do even a cursory Internet search.

Just drop it. It's finished. We are going around in Circles.

No, we're not. We've come to a hard conclusion about the nature of your posts.

It is over now. I get your point. I will think more next time.