Beijing/Zhangjiakou 2022

German SKY SPORT NEWS HD announced it as new rival for Munich

and here are reports from the net

http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/wireStory/beijing-zhangjiakou-bid-2022-winter-olympics-20785749

http://www.china.org.cn/world/Off_the_Wire/2013-11/05/content_30505211.htm

i guess this Bid is a Test-Bid for a future WinterGames

there is no way IOC will have 2 Wintergames in Asia in a row

and 3 OG in a row in Asia

Be it only to WAKE the European bidders UP (!), I welcome this news very favourably. Once more, the Chinese show they're always there to show some dynamism and shake things up a little bit.

A Chinese bid for 2022 :) I really like the idea of it ! What a bold move ! What a refreshing, unexpected and panache-full initiative in a still universe, full of decorum.

I really started (and finished) to lose interest for the 2022 campaign, after the city that sounded interesting to me at first, Oslo, puzzled me much. I just don't know where they're going, not enough communication, no project behind the bid. I'm afraid I'm more than tepid about Oslo now after backing them in the beginning, and see no more reason to bring my support to them or to any other bidder.

So, though we know the chances are slim, though you might be criticized by people who think only "reasonable" and "logical" bids can be made, great job China. ;)

Anything is possible and if Sweden and Norway does not bid for the 2022 Winter Games and Munich Germany vote no then the IOC will either have to pick either Almaty Kazakhstan, Beijing China or Lviv Ukraine and Eastern Europe is already hosting the 2014 Winter Games also the Ukraine is not really a winter sports or economic power and East Asia is hosting the 2018 and 2020 Games, The IOC will want to see something new for China not an same old city they just been to 7 years in 2015 time ago so if it comes down to just that the IOC will go to Almaty Kazakhstan a booming sporting and economy country a new region and Almaty Kazakhstan is a new sporting hub for winter sports hosted the 2011 Asian Winter Games and Kazakhstan is hosting the 2017 World Expo in Astana and the 2017 Winter University Games in Almaty If China has bidded with Harbin then the race would be interesting there is still 8 days left until the deadline close.

Be it only to WAKE the European bidders UP (!), I welcome this news very favourably. Once more, the Chinese show they're always there to show some dynamism and shake things up a little bit.

(...)

I really started (and finished) to lose interest for the 2022 campaign, after the city that sounded interesting to me at first, Oslo, puzzled me much. I just don't know where they're going, not enough communication, no project behind the bid. I'm afraid I'm more than tepid about Oslo now after backing them in the beginning, and see no more reason to bring my support to them or to any other bidder.

)

Dynamism...yeah, that's one way to describe China. Others would call it reckless disregard of human rights, environment or basic laws of living together.

As for Oslo, I for one am happy with bids not spilling out senseless PR statements every two minutes.

Albeit I don't think China will win 2022 (yet), I'm curious to see which is the next step of this race. China puts an interesting flavor of the race and now, bring the preasure for the European bids -Especially Norway, Sweden and Germany-. Also, depending of the potential result, maybe China could win in the next years -If it doesn't win 2022-.

• Like 1

Beijing & Zhangjiakou bid really looks like a JOCK.... I would rather consider it as a propaganda of Zhangjiakou when China think 2022 is not a right time and sure not to win....

What a pity HHHAAARRRBBBIIINNN !!!!!!

A bid by Beijing & Zhangjiakou doesn't mean that it will win - take it is a rehearsal bid for Harbin, LiuTian

• Like 1

why is everyone sure they will switch to Harbin for 2026/2030?

i mean, when they invest much money to make Zhangjiakou a new Wintersport Hub for the Beijing region/citizens

why should they switch to Harbin then for future bids?

specially if they get the chance to make Beijing the first Summer/WinterGames host in the history of the OGs

(a failing Munich referendum, or Munich losing to Oslo would make this possible)

• Like 1

why is everyone sure they will switch to Harbin for 2026/2030?

i mean, when they invest much money to make Zhangjiakou a new Wintersport Hub for the Beijing region/citizens

why should they switch to Harbin then for future bids?

specially if they get the chance to make Beijing the first Summer/WinterGames host in the history of the OGs

(a failing Munich referendum, or Munich losing to Oslo would make this possible)

Good point about that. Also, the Chinese government loves these type of news.

A bid by Beijing & Zhangjiakou doesn't mean that it will win - take it is a rehearsal bid for Harbin, LiuTian

Oooohhh,believe me CAF, no matter B/Z 2022 is a joke, rehearsal bid or other things. China goverment has no confidence that Harbin as a provincial capital city Northeast China could handle WOG this big thing.

They only believe that Beijing as a national capital and super big city could make everything safe and good control.

And They make excuses that Harbin's winter is too cold for athletes, and Harbin's snow events' facilities and area are still not up to standard and (*&^T&^%)()_...in fact, these are not excuses at all.

I dont know if Liu Tian agree with me...

PS.....B/Z also have a big problem....HAZE.... :P:P:P

And if Harbin didn't participate in the bid. i also dont like China goverment splashing the cash in this way.... :D

And They make excuses that Harbin's winter is too cold for athletes, and Harbin's snow events' facilities and area are still not up to standard and (*&^T&^%)()_...in fact, these are not excuses at all.

I have ever tried to go to Harbin but my friend said "recommend not".He's been to Harbin on business before and he said his nose frosted. :unsure:

To me,even though it's really far from Beijing or Dalian in distance,Harbin is one of the possible sites for WOG in eastern Asia. The word "Beijing" always reminds me of their first SOG. By the way this is an old photo that I shot in Beijing.

ae81abf5-6389-43e2-868b-b67b6d2b9f55_zps

(photo by Palette86.Beijing Tian'an men sqaure '98.*scanned and copied so the quality of the picture is not so good.)

Air was very clear and the sky was so blue and beautiful on that day. :)

there been reports on German TV that Beijing suffers big time with Air Pollution, even more in Winter month

since they turn on the coal-fired Power stations

i think this could be a big Minus for Beijing WinterGames

but probably the IOC wouldn´t notice as long they visit in spring/summer

I have ever tried to go to Harbin but my friend said "recommend not".He's been to Harbin on business before and he said his nose frosted. :unsure:

To me,even though it's really far from Beijing or Dalian in distance,Harbin is one of the possible sites for WOG in eastern Asia.

Well, maybe Harbin is not a best place for WOG. Indeed, the Harbin's winter cold is not good for the quality of the snow and athletes.

But i think China OC could solve these problems in some ways. For example the time of the games, and also Harbin and Changchun could bid togrther one day.

Anyway,im so sad, disapointed and a little angry that Beijing be a so rude role grabbed all national resources(as Pui saying).

Hope you could understand...

Maybe i will never see Winter Olympics in my home city, no matter 2022, 2026,2030,2034, 2038............. :( :(

Harbin would be a desperate housewife forever...a COLD desperate housewife...

6145473.jpg

111009151970bde25aea0b753e.jpg

there been reports on German TV that Beijing suffers big time with Air Pollution, even more in Winter month

since they turn on the coal-fired Power stations

i think this could be a big Minus for Beijing WinterGames

but probably the IOC wouldn´t notice as long they visit in spring/summer

Believe me...Beijing will not solve this big problem in short time.

Because Beijing's geographical location is a big problem. Three sides by mountains make Beijing in a harder situation.

Early boost for Beijing 2022 Winter Olympic bid as Bird's Nest awarded FIS freestyle event

Beijing's joint bid with Zhangjiakou to host the 2022 Winter Olympics and Paralympics has received an early boost as the Chinese capital's Bird's Nest stadium was today awarded the hosting rights for an International Ski Federation (FIS) Freestyle World Cup event.

The 80,000-capacity 2008 Olympic Stadium is preparing to hold the back-to-back aerials competitions - what promises to be one of the biggest events of the 2013-2014 FIS Freestyle World Cup season, according to race director Joe Fitzgerald - on December 20 and 21, as China works to establish itself as a winter sport hotspot.

"The Chinese Ski Association has organised FIS Freestyle Skiing aerials World Cup events for ten consecutive seasons," the Chinese Ski Association said in a statement.

"The race organisation and the venue preparation have been highly thought of and well-evaluated by FIS, the various national associations on hand, and the athletes themselves.

"However, this is the first time that FIS will host a World Cup event not only in the capital of China, but also in the intra-urban setting of Beijing.

"And, in another 'First', the competition venue of the National Stadium will be the first Summer Olympic venue to hold an event that will be featured in the Winter Olympics."

Skiing's world governing body announced that an agreement has been signed to make the Beijing aerials competition an annual one until at least the conclusion of the Pyeongchang 2018 Winter Games.

It also revealed that this year's event will be broadcast live on television to a potential audience of more than 200 million viewers.

"This new event in Beijing is to be held in one of the world's great sporting landmarks, and within the 'Bird's Nest' stadium we anticipate an amazing and compelling competition for the people of Beijing," Fitzgerald said

"Together, with the performances of the Chinese aerial team [China's Xu Mengtao and Jia Zongyang are last year's women's and men's aerials Crystal Globe winners respectively], the iconic location, and in this winter Olympic season, this World Cup aerials event will generate a tremendous amount of interest in the promotion of skiing and winter sports."

Today's announcement comes just one day after the Chinese Olympic Committee (COC) revealed that Beijing is launching a surprise bid to the 2022 Winter Games with Zhangjiakou as a co-host.

If the bid goes on to be successful - the host city will be named at the 127th International Olympic Committee (IOC) Session in Kuala Lumpur on July 31, 2015 - the capital will host the ice sports, while the northwestern Hebei province city of Zhangjiakou will host the snow sports.

Beijing's sports authorities have said that they believe their experience of hosting the 2008 Summer Olympics and Paralympics will give them the advantage in the 2022 bid race, in which they could face competition from Kazakhstani city Almaty, Lviv in Ukraine, a joint bid from Slovakia's Low Tatras and Poland's Kraków, the Norwegian capital of Oslo and Munich in Germany.

Insidethegames