Sign in to follow this  
LDOG

2014 World Cup Football Debate

Stumbled on this tonight & had to share it. According to one of the comments, he's Argentinian, how could anyone dislike a country that can produce a commentary like this:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5ggLmc9LS44#

:lol: :lol: :lol:

His name is Juan Manuel Pons. He does that only while commenting premier league matches, in argentine league matches he tries to be more serious.

Stumbled on this tonight & had to share it. According to one of the comments, he's Argentinian, how could anyone dislike a country that can produce a commentary like this:

And this is how Argentines screams say Brazilian Goals against them

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIvML_I4UHM

Anyway, the long goooooooooal scream is not typical from Argentina only, but from entire Latin America...

In Brazil, they scream Goooool for 10 seconds or so and play also the anthem of the club or the nation, and in Globo TV the put a jingle "Brazil-zil-zil-zil-zil-zil"

TV Globo (with jingles)

I remember to watch the goals from Brazil 4 Argentina 1 ( :P LDOG, Lucas) in 2005 in Univision (USA) and the spanish commentator screamed Gooooool from 25 seconds or more... Just crazy. Looked like some Mexican accent.

Edited by DannyelBrazil

Do you know why it is that Latin commentators do the 'goooooooooool' thing, & how it started?

According to a fast Google research I made, the first register of long "gooooooool" scream was made in Sao Paulo by commentator Rebello Júnior from Difusora Paulistana Radio.

rebello%2BJr.jpg

This is Mr. Rebello Jr.

In a interview, he claimed he invented this way of screaming to bring possible distracted audience to get near to radio when goals were scored.

The first "goooooool" screams were registed in the early 1930s.

Rebello was known for long time as "man of the unmistakable goal"

Do you know why it is that Latin commentators do the 'goooooooooool' thing, & how it started?

It's a radio thing. Quite impossible to say who invented it, since it's was a logical idea to alert the listeners when a goal was scored.

I still remember my school days when there were games during my classes and I'd bring up a little radio (couldn't afford a radio with earphones, btw) so I'd keep the radio at the lowest lowest possible so my teacher couldn't hear it... and the only thing I could hear was the goals, haha.

It's a radio thing. Quite impossible to say who invented it, since it's was a logical idea to alert the listeners when a goal was scored.

I still remember my school days when there were games during my classes and I'd bring up a little radio (couldn't afford a radio with earphones, btw) so I'd keep the radio at the lowest lowest possible so my teacher couldn't hear it... and the only thing I could hear was the goals, haha.

hahaha, the same with me! Sweet childhoold we had.

• Like 1

So funny to hear goo------lll rrRio! :lol:

I found a match broadcasted by an Arabian TV;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfrUbdVV19U

"Enduo,nagatomo,,Aiah!,aiah!,aiah!!,yabanii,aiah,,,al,,!!!!"

Though I can't speak and understand the language,it's funny. :lol:

• Like 1

So funny to hear goo------lll rrRio! :lol:

I found a match broadcasted by an Arabian TV;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfrUbdVV19U

"Enduo,nagatomo,,Aiah!,aiah!,aiah!!,yabanii,aiah,,,al,,!!!!"

Though I can't speak and understand the language,it's funny. :lol:

Commentary all around the world is funny.

Diego Costa chose to play for Spain national team.

http://msn.foxsports.com/foxsoccer/world/story/diego-costa-opts-to-play-for-spain-instead-of-brazil-national-team-102913

Is this good or bad news to Brazil national team?And how'd the Brazilian people welcome him back at WC in his homeland?

And how'd the Brazilian people welcome him back at WC in his homeland?

brazil-confed-cup-protests.jpeg-1280x960

It's not his homeland anymore...

It's not his homeland anymore...

Is this happening in Brazil now?I hope not.

How lucky for Costa to choose Spain!He doesn't need to sing Spanish national anthem 'cause the song has no words but has only melody.His lips never will be read by the Brazilians.

Is this happening in Brazil now?I hope not.

How lucky for Costa to choose Spain!He doesn't need to sing Spanish national anthem 'cause the song has no words but has only melody.His lips never will be read by the Brazilians.

June protests...

Costa maybe is right about his feelings to Spain... Sad he won't be World Champions...

• Like 1

Nobody receives cash (or should not) to play in a national team. You are there to defend your country. Messi is in Spain since childhood and did not betray his country. Costa is a traitor and will be booed at every game he play for Spain in World Cup and I will be one of them.

This if he comes to the World Cup. He has not been tested in the national team of Spain. Also, if there is still a minimum of common sense in FIFA, they will not open this precedent for players to "choose" where they will play. Now we have another news that a brazilian who plays for Italian league thinks he also has that right. I'm imagining a brazilian team with Montillo, Seedorf and Diego Forlan, after all they play here in the brazilian league.

Costa should do whatever he wants, if its according to the law. Saying he's a traitor sounds funny. He's simply a hypocrite. A grown-man acting as a spoiled brat and running away because he wasn't called to play for the Greatest NT ever. The biggest, IMHO, isFIFA bending the rules to help an european team. Also his management taking advantage Brazil had no qualifiers to play, so we had much less official games. (Mexico just got denied the naturalization of an Argentinian player)

Diego Costa played 2 games for Brazil some months ago. If he felt spanish he should have declined the call. He didn't. Quite the contrary, every interview he gave he said his dream came true, said how he was proud to represent Brazil, etc.

Then we come to a third part of the problem. Spain. Quite embarrassing for them to call someone to represent Spain when months ago he happily played for Brazil.

• Like 1

The precedent FIFA is allowing in Costa's case is dangerous... Soon, the entire World Cup will be played by Brazilians and Argentines with jerseys of other countries...

Brazil (leaked)

brazil-home-shirt-world-cup-600x401.jpg

I like that with no collars. I hope next shirt 2015 will be with the logo "world champion"+stars. ;)

By the way,I have a question to you or some Brazilians here. As you see at the bottom of my posts,I personally love a frog whose name is "ippei kun". He's a freelance mascot and enthusiastic supporter of FC Ehime.He also loves our 11 blue samurais,Japanese international football team. But he always rejected to enter stadiums in Japan due to security reasons;

BTe7CJoCUAIDm-V_R_zps4ac43c52.jpg

And he might go to Brazil 2014 WC;

BTsrVzLCcAAGgs0_R_zps3d9fa32e.jpg

Have you ever seen a mascot cheer a team at Brazilian stadiums? And do you think he'll be allowed if only he had a ticket? Last of all,please note that I have nothing to do with this frog in person.I'm not anybody of his management persons nor anything of his business.

Thanks for your understanding. :)

Official mascots? All the time. Now, on the crowd plenty of people go to matches with fantasy costumes. Not sure about FIFA's World Cup, tho. To be sure he can try to get an license with the Police in order to wear a mask. Or he simply can go to the stadium without the head part of the costume, give it to someone else, and then dress up inside the stadium.

Unless his costume intentionally promotes a product I don't see why he couldn't wear it.

But we never know with FIFA.

Official mascots? All the time. Now, on the crowd plenty of people go to matches with fantasy costumes. Not sure about FIFA's World Cup, tho. To be sure he can try to get an license with the Police in order to wear a mask. Or he simply can go to the stadium without the head part of the costume, give it to someone else, and then dress up inside the stadium.

Unless his costume intentionally promotes a product I don't see why he couldn't wear it.

But we never know with FIFA.

He isn't an official mascot of national team or he doesn't belong to any football team as an official mascot.He was originally a character of "Yuyutei",which is one of the official sponsors of "FC Ehime". He now got independent to be a freelance mascot.And he's specially permitted to enter the club's home stadium or to watch matches if FC Ehime concerns.

BUSGTUQCUAExZDm_R_zpsb93ea85d.jpg

MrCarta,you made me notice an important thing.The case is WC,so the rules must be strict. But I have ever seen him at away stadiums;vs Oman match(2014 WC final qualification)and Eastern Asia cup(by AFC not by FIFA)held in South Korea(just below);

6f7872a5-3555-425f-a197-ac89226f1ff9_zps

Thank you very much for your precious opinions.

PS: To all who read my previous post on this.Sorry,I mistakenly created huge space after the text and forgot to check before I post finally. Apologies to you all.

Germany's New World Cup 2014 Kit

I always love German international football team. :wub: Also like the type of fonte like, OZIL PODOLSKI KHEDIRA ,on thier back.

Some other shirts for 2014 are,

Colombia 2014 home;

http://www.footballshirtculture.com/14/15-kits/colombia-2014-adidas-world-cup-home-football-kit.html

Cameroon 2014 home;

http://www.footballshirtculture.com/14/15-kits/cameroon-2014-puma-home-football-shirt-leaked.html

Extra stuff :) ; Mourinho as a kid

http://bbs.chinadaily.com.cn/thread-755907-1-1.html

He isn't an official mascot of national team or he doesn't belong to any football team as an official mascot.He was originally a character of "Yuyutei",which is one of the official sponsors of "FC Ehime". He now got independent to be a freelance mascot.And he's specially permitted to enter the club's home stadium or to watch matches if FC Ehime concerns.

BUSGTUQCUAExZDm_R_zpsb93ea85d.jpg

MrCarta,you made me notice an important thing.The case is WC,so the rules must be strict. But I have ever seen him at away stadiums;vs Oman match(2014 WC final qualification)and Eastern Asia cup(by AFC not by FIFA)held in South Korea(just below);

6f7872a5-3555-425f-a197-ac89226f1ff9_zps

Thank you very much for your precious opinions.

PS: To all who read my previous post on this.Sorry,I mistakenly created huge space after the text and forgot to check before I post finally. Apologies to you all.

I worn mascot costumes some times here in Brazil and I can clearly say, he won't stand with the mascot costume for long time... Specially during afternoon in the middle of the people.

It'll be hot as the hell!!!

As a furry friend said once: "Brazil, where sun shines melts fursuiters to death"

___

During Confederations Cup, many were in costumes. I attended the match Mexico vs. Italy and I saw an army of Marios and Luigis in Italy side and Mexican Wrestlers or characters like El Chavo, Kiko, Chilindrina in the Mexican side (many, Brazilian fans of the series El Chavo).

It was funny!

If he enters the stadium headless, I see no problems.