The Cauldron

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So there are rings in the cauldron area...could this mean that the 'ring reveal' will happen outside? Could they be spreading their OC out of the stadium a little?

No, no. no. That's NOT the only place where the rings will appear. The Big Cauldron area will be the Medals Plaza too, so that area will be lit every night for the Awards AND fireworks.

To be honest those rings looks like the base of the fountain. There was an Instagram video of tenfountain being tested a while ago so I think those rings are just the spouts. And if they were rings, wouldn't the fountain obscure them?

*the fountain

dang phone keyboard

So... I guess the spouts should be in colors, don't they???

For moments I thought those rings could be fire rings on water at Sydney and Salt Lake style....

If they were fire rings, they wouldn't have painted the neck of the cauldron white. It would darken with all that soot from the flames. And I believe the IOC is rather conscious of the carbon imprints of its Games these days. The 3 caldera at the Innsbruck 2012 opening burned only at about 1:30; and then they shut them off quickly. The IOC had no heart attack over the 204 little flames of London. The one big Sochi cauldron should more than do its job as a symbolic beacon for these Games.

I am pretty sure that's what the Ring No.6 stands for > obviously not a new idea as you can see on the picture below - some theor. project that was out on the net a few years ago > google = lunar olympics!!!

http://imageshack.com/a/img27/8988/fu7v.jpg

I am pretty sure that's what the Ring No.6 stands for > obviously not a new idea as you can see on the picture below - some theor. project that was out on the net a few years ago > google = lunar olympics!!!

http://imageshack.com/a/img27/8988/fu7v.jpg

fu7v.jpg

f2op.jpg

/\/\ very nice!! Very Bellagio but I hope when the waters rise higher than the flame, uhmmm....it won't put the flame out??? Or did they not think of that???

(Also, if one looks closely at the footage, notice that they ripped open part of the 'right wing.' I guess some last-minute or overlooked matters there.)

Archived