Sochi 2014 Opening Ceremony

And honestly if we are judging (as you are sugesting) just by the impact of photo's you can't tell me this:

GTY_sochi_olympic_opening_ceremony_ring_

which if we have no prior knowledge of (as you are suggesting) could just be a delay

220px-2010_Opening_Ceremonies_-_Lighting220px-VancouverOpening.jpg

is worse than this which is so obviously lopsided it couldn't be design.

I am assuming the above is directed at me out of the your multi quote commentary.

In regard to the photos, we are going to have to agree to disagree, because if I showed anyone i know who is not obsessed with the olympics like me, the two above photos, I know which one they would see the problem in first, the rings.

And if you have not seen anything or know anything about either photo as you suggest then the same delayed theory works for both. ie you could assume the four leg is just delayed.

Like I said before from a broadcast perspective the vancouver glitch was very obvious, just as the rings segment being the opening climax and the musical climax was very obvious. But as an internet wildfire, now with even tshirts you can buy, makes the rings a much more iconic glitch, one easily understood by all.

In any case this is silly and any comparison to other glitches does not prove/disprove that fun could or could not be made of it in the closing ceremony. I still would like to see it happen, (it probably wont) and like someone else said, they do not have to use a rubber chicken either.

photo_verybig_158119.jpg

And I do think any kind of skit would be too close to Vancouver to be passable. It would just make the list of things similar to past games even longer. What they need in the CC is something uniquely Russian that also hasn't been done before. If they did a display of Russian music across the generation (i.e. London) I would literally rage.

^ I have to disagree, Vancouver was not the first closing ceremony to have a skit, sydney's cc had a staged skit aswell. Whilst I agree with your thought it would be good to have something uniquely russian, there are things that are good to see in closing ceremony's that you may see as unpassable as they are too close to to other CC's, for me, these common threads are things that make the tradition and pagentry of Olympic Ceremonies truly special.

I think the ceremonies would be lesser without them and the interest is to see how the host country will interpret these traditions and ceremony framework, including things such as the countdown, the releasing of the doves (done brilliantly in Sochi as ballet - distinctly russian) and the rings segment.

Also I am unsure why you would 'Rage' if they did russian music across the generation> As a good majority of Closing Ceremonies showcase their musical talent in a live concert Party for the atheletes. London was not unique in this regard, but just happened to be probably the most entertaining version due to the breadth of British Musical Talent.

In regard to the photos, we are going to have to agree to disagree, because if I showed anyone i know who is not obsessed with the olympics like me, the two above photos, I know which one they would see the problem in first, the rings.

Well the cauldron is already lit so it couldn't have been a delay but I agree that it is silly to compare accidents, mostly because they weren't planned.

Well the cauldron is already lit so it couldn't have been a delay but I agree that it is silly to compare accidents, mostly because they weren't planned.

And if you have not seen anything or know anything about either photo as you suggest then the same delayed theory works for both. ie you could assume the four leg is just delayed.

Wrong quote sorry.

Like I said before from a broadcast perspective the vancouver glitch was very obvious, just as the rings segment being the opening climax and the musical climax was very obvious. But as an internet wildfire, now with even tshirts you can buy, makes the rings a much more iconic glitch, one easily understood by all.

photo_verybig_158119.jpg

That's because the indoor cauldron in Vancouver was such an eyesore that even the ring fail looks more elegant than that pile of sticks around a lollipop.

Yeah and that it needs to copy everything from the rest of the world. The similarity to London and Sydney in the OC may have gone over the heads of the average viewer but anyone who saw the start of the Vancouver CC would instantly see the immense (unforgivable similarity).

What was teh unforgivable similarity between the start of the Vancouver CC and Sochi OC?

That's because the indoor cauldron in Vancouver was such an eyesore that even the ring fail looks more elegant than that pile of sticks around a lollipop.

Like a buddy of mine described our cauldron in Vancouver; it was in Paralympic mode. :o

What was teh unforgivable similarity between the start of the Vancouver CC and Sochi OC?

OMFG, you need to learn how to read. I do not say in that post that Vancouver's oc is comparable to Sochi's oc at all. Take a second look at things before you denounce them.

I was talking about a skit based on the fauliure at Sochi's oc at the cc being too similar to what Vancouver did in there cc. You are just looking through my post and seeing where you can try and poke holes. It's not gonna happen.

*(first Sochi oc) Sochi cc

Well maybe you should compose the statement in a proper way in the first place, the way it was written was not what it appeared to be implying. And just for your future information, I am able to read very well, in all 3 languages I am competent in.

• Like 1

If you were reading on from the quote above it then it would make perfect sense. But obviously you weren't because you were just trying to bring up nonsense to make my points less credible. You need to get over this. Seriously.

You're not gonna get any where trying to spoon feed me a perfect version of the world (where Russia and Scotland reign supreme)

(Perfectly reign supreme)

Really because you are the one that just brought up a qoute from a couple days a ago when this argument was over. Just think deeply about what you are saying and if necessary then go back and have a look at exactly what you have done.

This is no argument, I am simply holding you accountable to the dribble that you have been dribbling. The more you dribble, no more I shall wipe.

So, The Sochi opening was such a stunning event, the music and the ariel props got me the most, so amazing

ted ligety just laid down an unbelievable 1st gs run

Sochi if my Sochi is good but you can't ignore its downfalls message is dribble then what is your I love Sochi so much that there can't be anything they could do better banter? Profuse vomiting?

Sochi is amazingly good, love it all.

Sochi if my Sochi is good but you can't ignore its downfalls message is dribble then what is your I love Sochi so much that there can't be anything they could do better banter? Profuse vomiting?

Spoken like a true academic :P

Again I would like to apologise for taking over this thread. I guess it's a problem you face on all open forms. I'm sure scotguy should be man enough to apologise also. As shown, he now has a place to direct his critisim at me (which has progressed to completely ungames related attacks) and although he has declined the offer I'm sure he will at some time. Thanks for bearing through that firery period and I hope you can continue with you're discussion. Which it is only 4 or 5 days to the CC. Excited.

I really don't think it looked that bad, lobsided sure,but each to their own.

Combined with the clever camera angles and the OC set/stages in BC place, I think still the indor caudlron still made made for an impressive and nice image at the end of the ceremony broadcast. I Agree that in still photos it was not the best.