2019 FIFA Women World Cup

gotosy

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They would be required to host the 2018 FIFA women's u20 world cup too so b2b in South Africa if they win.

Same as the Hosting of both the World Cup and Confederations Cup.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Apparently, South Korea will Bid for the 2019 Fifa Women's World Cup. If so, these are the Stadium's I would use:

Seoul World Cup Stadium, Seoul (66,806 Seats) - Final, Quarter-Final, 2 Round of 16 Matches and Group Matches (Including Opening Match).

Daegu World Cup Stadium, Daegu (65,754 Seats) - Semi-Final, Quarter-Final, 2 Round of 16 Matches and Group Matches.

Busan Asiad Stadium, Busan (53,864 Seats) - Semi-Final, Quarter-Final, 2 Round of 16 Matches and Group Matches.

Ulsan Munsu Football Stadium, Ulsan (44,466 Seats) - Quarter-Final, 2 Round of 16 Matches and Group Matches.

Gwangju World Cup Stadium, Gwangju (44,118 Seats) - Group Matches.

Incheon Asiad Main Stadium, Incheon (30,000 Seats) - Group Matches. (Downscaled to 30,000 Seats after the 2014 Asian Games).

Out of the 6 Bidders (Australia, Brazil, Poland, South Africa, South Korea and Sweden), I would support the Australian Bid. Brazil has/had the 2013 Fifa Confederations Cup, 2014 Fifa World Cup, Rio 2016 Summer Olympics and the 2019 Copa America. Poland Co-Hosted UEFA Euro 2012 with Ukraine and is Bidding for the 2022 Winter Olympics and Paralympics with Krakow. South Africa Hosted the 2010 Fifa World Cup and 2013 African Cup of Nations. South Korea Co-Hosted the 2002 Fifa World Cup with Japan, Hosted the 2003 Summer Universiade in Daegu, 2011 IAAF World Athletics Championships in Daegu and will Host the 2015 Summer Universiade in Gwangju. Sweden doesn't have enough Stadiums up to Modern Standards. They only have the Friends Arena and Tele2 Arena both in Stockholm. Australia hasn't Hosted much since the 2000 Summer Olympics and Paralympics in Sydney, so I think it's Australia's turn to Host the 2019 Fifa Women's World Cup.

As much as I enjoy the WWC, it is not yet a high profile event and not one that needs bidding nations to propose a plethora of large venues. I think you dismiss Sweden too easily, they made do with five respectable venues during Euro 2013 and they'd need maybe only one more, given that Canada is using six for a 24 team tournament next year. That is if Sweden actually pursues a bid. Of those listed, only South Korea has confirmed it's intentions, the others have expressed interest, but have not confirmed and only have until Tuesday to declare so.

I'd back Sweden out of that lot. Right size stadiums, not too big, but they do have 2 big ones they can use for main matches. It's probably too small for any high profile men's tournament so this is probably the biggest football event they can host alone, & of course, it'd be well-attended, as women's football is almost equal to the men's game there, as shown at Euro 2013.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm assuming France would propose using the some of the same Venues that they are going to use at UEFA Euro 2016. I think they should use; St Denis (Paris, Stadium de France), Marseille (Stadium Velodrome), Lyon (New Stadium), Lille (Grand Stadium Lille), Paris (Parc des Princes) and Bordeaux (New Bordeaux Stadium)?

• 2 weeks later...
FA consider hosting 2019 women's World Cup in England

England are one of five countries to express an interest in hosting the 2019 women's football World Cup.

The Football Association is understood to be keen to explore hosting the event and wants to gather more information ahead of a possible formal bid.

Other countries believed to have informed Fifa that they may want to stage the competition include France, South Africa and South Korea.

Fifa is set to make an announcement shortly confirming the five countries.

BBC

FA consider hosting 2019 women's World Cup in England

England are one of five countries to express an interest in hosting the 2019 women's football World Cup.

The Football Association is understood to be keen to explore hosting the event and wants to gather more information ahead of a possible formal bid.

Other countries believed to have informed Fifa that they may want to stage the competition include France, South Africa and South Korea.

Fifa is set to make an announcement shortly confirming the five countries.

BBC

We must get it. All Venues in place and after we were cheated out of getting the 2018 Fifa World Cup, we should get this. Stadiums:

Wembley Stadium, London, England (90,000 Seats).

Emirates Stadium, London, England (60,361 Seats).

Old Trafford, Manchester, England (75,000 Seats).

St James' Park, Newcastle, England (53,000 Seats).

Stadium:MK, Milton Keynes, England (32,000 Seats).

AMEX Stadium, Brighton, England (31,000 Seats).

Some decent competitioon though. I think with the enormous success of the London 2012 women's tournament and the launch of the WSL we're in a good position as far as the women's game is concerned, but Japan and France are both big hitters and South Africa and Korea both have their World Cup stadiums. A nice looking field for FIFA to choose from.

Five countries have declared an interest in hosting the FIFA Women’s World Cup 2019™, namely England, France, Korea Republic, New Zealand and South Africa.

Of these countries, England, France, Korea Republic and New Zealand also want to host the FIFA U-20 Women’s World Cup 2018. In principle, FIFA prefers these two tournaments to take place in the same country. South Africa will host the FIFA U-20 Women’s World Cup in 2016.

FIFA

Korea is going to host a FIFA event in 2017 (the u-20 world cup). Not sure if FIFA will be interested in returning two years later. I think France is the favourite to host because the latter two are still developing the women's game, while France is a rising power in the women's game.

Korea is going to host a FIFA event in 2017 (the u-20 world cup). Not sure if FIFA will be interested in returning two years later. I think France is the favourite to host because the latter two are still developing the women's game, while France is a rising power in the women's game.

That means nothing. Russia and Qatar got World Cups and they aren't superpowers of Football.

Some decent competitioon though. I think with the enormous success of the London 2012 women's tournament and the launch of the WSL we're in a good position as far as the women's game is concerned, but Japan and France are both big hitters and South Africa and Korea both have their World Cup stadiums. A nice looking field for FIFA to choose from.

Success of the London 2012 women's football tournament? There were like 100 people at each game.

Success of the London 2012 women's football tournament? There were like 100 people at each game.

So much negative attitude. We organised a Brilliant Olympics, we were cheated out of the 2018 Fifa World Cup, so we deserve this Tournament.

The total attendance for the 58 matches was 2,186,930. The previous best for an Olympic football tournament was 2,137,462, which was set just four years ago in Beijing China. This year, 1,525,134 fans attended the men’s matches while 1,397,448 showed up in Beijing. The women’s games attracted 740,014 in Britain (average 26k per match) while 661,796 made it to the stadiums four years ago.

My own photo from Wembley, the biggest crowd for an women's Olympic football match in history...

P1000669.jpg

The total attendance for the 58 matches was 2,186,930. The previous best for an Olympic football tournament was 2,137,462, which was set just four years ago in Beijing China. This year, 1,525,134 fans attended the men’s matches while 1,397,448 showed up in Beijing. The women’s games attracted 740,014 in Britain while 661,796 made it to the stadiums four years ago.

My own photo from Wembley, the biggest crowd for an women's Olympic football match in history...

P1000669.jpg

Yeah, obviously the final was packed. But the preliminary rounds barely had 10,000 people and those attendence numbers were definitely inflated a bit.

So much negative attitude. We organised a Brilliant Olympics, we were cheated out of the 2018 Fifa World Cup, so we deserve this Tournament.

You had two votes. You weren't cheated of anything, and you don't deserve anything. You obviously didn't pay FIFA enough. You talk all the time about Russia hosting all these events and it's not fair. Well Britain has hosted its faire share too, so stop being so damn greedy.

Yeah, obviously the final was packed. But the preliminary rounds barely had 10,000 people and those attendence numbers were definitely inflated a bit.

You had two votes. You weren't cheated of anything, and you don't deserve anything. You obviously didn't pay FIFA enough. You talk all the time about Russia hosting all these events and it's not fair. Well Britain has hosted its faire share too, so stop being so damn greedy.

Greedy? We had by far the best Bid. It's wrong to buy Hosting Rights, it's corruption. The best Bid Should win, and that was us. We are the creator and Home of Football and we have only Hosted 1 World Cup in the 84 Year History of the Fifa World Cup!

Greedy? We had by far the best Bid. It's wrong to buy Hosting Rights, it's corruption. The best Bid Should win, and that was us. We are the creator and Home of Football and we have only Hosted 1 World Cup in the 84 Year History of the Fifa World Cup!

Soccer was not created by the English, they simply made some rules for it. Maybe you should win a few tournaments first before talking about hosting.

Soccer was not created by the English, they simply made some rules for it. Maybe you should win a few tournaments first before talking about hosting.

It's Officially called Football. http://uk.ask.com/question/who-invented-football - We created Football. Look at the link.

As with the Olympics this is not always the case. 2012 should have gone to Paris than.

Our Bid was stronger then Paris'. We won 2012 fair and square, Russia didn't win 2018 fair and square.

Archived