2019 FIFA Women World Cup

gotosy

Brazil’s sports minister says country interested in hosting women World Cup, perhaps 2019

RIO DE JANEIRO — Brazil’s sports minister says the country is interested in holding the women’s World Cup, perhaps as early as 2019.

That would make for a crowded calendar because Brazil is also scheduled to hold the Copa America in 2019 — the men’s continental championship.

Sports Minister Aldo Rebelo says he has made initial contact with FIFA President Sepp Blatter, though he acknowledges competition may be tough. Canada will hold the 2015 women’s World Cup.

Brazil is preparing for the 2014 World Cup and the 2016 Olympics. Both projects are struggling to stay on schedule. They also face public scrutiny because of the billions spent on sports events, particularly in a country with poor public services, high taxes and stark economic inequality.

AP

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/dcunited/brazils-sports-minister-says-country-interested-in-hosting-women-world-cup-perhaps-2019/2013/09/17/feb93a42-1fbc-11e3-9ad0-96244100e647_story.html

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...

I am supporting the Poland bid as UEFA Euro 2012 was impressive which they Co-Hosted with Ukraine, but I think Poland could Host this Tournament by themselves. Great Stadiums are in Warsaw, Wroclaw, Gdansk, Poznan and Krakow.

• 2 months later...
Bidding process opened for FIFA Women’s World Cup 2019 and seven more competitions
3-6-2014-9-29-29-AM-10798546.jpg
FIFA: March 6, 2014 - FIFA has opened the bidding process for the FIFA Women’s World Cup 2019™ as well as seven more competitions, which are the FIFA Club World Cups from 2015 to 2018, the FIFA Beach Soccer World Cup 2017, the FIFA U-17 Women’s World Cup 2018 and the FIFA U-20 Women’s World Cup 2018. The 209 member associations have been invited to submit their interest.
FIFA Women’s World Cups open for bidding:
FIFA Women’s World Cup 2019™ and FIFA U-20 Women’s World Cup 2018
The popularity of women’s football has grown rapidly in recent years, with more women participating in the game worldwide as well as steadily-rising spectator numbers for women’s competitions.
The FIFA Women’s World Cup™ has grown significantly in stature and significance over the last few editions. Now with 24 teams, it enjoys the second-biggest profile of all FIFA’s flagship events.
The FIFA U-20 Women’s World Cup is the second most important women’s FIFA event. The so-called “springboard for the stars” tournament serves as a staging post towards the FIFA Women’s World Cup™, not only for players but also for the hosts. In terms of popularity, the 2010 edition in Germany holds the attendance record of 395,295 spectators and achieved an average global in-home audience per live match of 2.8 million.
In principle, FIFA would prefer the FIFA Women’s World Cup 2019™ (24 teams) and the FIFA U-20 Women’s World Cup 2018 (16 teams) to be hosted and organised by the same member association.
However, if circumstances require, FIFA reserves the right to award the hosting of the events separately.

The bidding timeline for these women’s competitions requires the member associations that wish to host these events to submit a declaration of interest by 15 April 2014. The deadline for delivery of the hosting agreement together with all the signed bidding documents is 31 October 2014, with the final decision on the hosts currently scheduled to take place at the first FIFA Executive Committee meeting in 2015.

For the 2019 Fifa Women's World Cup, I think Australia should Host out of the 5 potential Bidders. These are:

Australia.

Brazil.

Poland.

South Africa.

Sweden.

Brazil has the Men's World Cup.

Poland hosted Euro 2012, and IMO couldn't host this on their own.

South Africa had the 2010 Fifa World Cup.

Sweden only has 2 Stadium's up to standards.

Australia could use Stadium Australia, Sydney; Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane; AAMI Park, Melbourne and Carrara Stadium, Gold Coast.

Poland Co-Hosted Euro 2012 (Correction).

For the 2019 Fifa Women's World Cup, I think Australia should Host out of the 5 potential Bidders. These are:

Australia.

Brazil.

Poland.

South Africa.

Sweden.

Brazil has the Men's World Cup.

Poland hosted Euro 2012, and IMO couldn't host this on their own.

South Africa had the 2010 Fifa World Cup.

Sweden only has 2 Stadium's up to standards.

Australia could use Stadium Australia, Sydney; Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane; AAMI Park, Melbourne and Carrara Stadium, Gold Coast.

Poland Co-Hosted Euro 2012 (Correction).

Just two messages up in this thread, you supported Poland. Now what?

Just two messages up in this thread, you supported Poland. Now what?

I changed my mind. We all have the choice to change our minds. I was just thinking differently, and feel it's Australia's time.

I changed my mind. We all have the choice to change our minds. I was just thinking differently, and feel it's Australia's time.

So what made you change your mind? The Polish stadiums you were raving about in December are still there.

So what made you change your mind? The Polish stadiums you were raving about in December are still there.

At the time, I didn't know Australia were Bidding.

At the time, I didn't know Australia were Bidding.

No real evidence that Australia will bid. Poland is the same case, all we know is a non-official statement made by former president of Polish Football Association, whose reputation is a bit questionable. Our women footbal team have never qualified for a major tournament, there is a risk of low attendance here.

So there are 5 potential Bidders and these are the Stadiums I would use for each of them:

Australia 2019: Stadium Australia, Sydney (83,500); Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane (52,500); Carrara Stadium, Gold Coast (40,000) and AAMI Park, Melbourne (30,050).

Brazil 2019: Maracana Stadium, Rio de Janeiro (78,838); National Stadium, Brasilia (70,000); Arena Corinthians, Sao Paulo (68,000) and Arena Fonte Nova, Salvador (55,000).

Poland 2019: National Stadium, Warsaw (58,500); Slaski Stadium, Chorzow (55,211); PGE Arena, Gdansk (43,615) and Municipal Stadium, Poznan (43,270).

South Africa 2019: Soccer City, Johannesburg (94,700); Green Point Stadium, Cape Town (64,100); Moses Mabhida Stadium, Durban (62,760) and Nelson Mandela Bay Stadium, Port Elizabeth (48,459).

Sweden 2019: Friends Arena, Stockholm (50,000); Tele2 Arena, Stockholm (30,000); Swedbank Stadium, Malmo (21,000) and Gamla Ullevi, Gothenburg (15,000).

After seeing how FIFA practically threw Australia's 2018/2022 bid on the ground and ran it over, I'd like to see the Aussies host. All of those countries could put on a successful tournament though and it's only a matter of time before it goes to Africa and South America.

These would be my stadium choices for an Australia bid

Sydney - Stadium Australia (83,500)

Brisbane - Suncorp Stadium (52,500)

Melbourne - AAMI Stadium (30,500)

Adelaide - Adelaide Oval (53,000)

Newcastle - Hunter Stadium (33,000)

Gold Coast - Skilled Park (27,000)

If Perth can ever get a new stadium built, I would include Perth over Newcastle.

Japan was going to Bid for the 2019 Fifa Women's World Cup, but because they are Hosting the 2019 Rugby World Cup and the 2020 Summer Olympics and Paralympics, they decided they will put in a Bid for the 2023 Fifa Women's World Cup. So these are the Stadiums I would use if Japan won hosting rights.

Tokyo National Stadium, Tokyo (100,000 Seats) - Final, Quarter-Final, 2 Round of 16 Matches and Group Matches (Including Opening Match).

Nissan Stadium, Yokohama (72,327 Seats) - Semi-Final, Quarter-Final, 2 Round of 16 Matches and Group Matches.

Saitama Stadium, Saitama (63,700 Seats) - Semi-Final, Quarter-Final, 2 Round of 16 Matches and Group Matches.

Toyota Stadium, Toyota City (45,000 Seats) - 3rd/4th Place Play-Off, Quarter-Final, 2 Round of 16 Matches and Group Matches.

Sapporo Dome, Sapporo (42,831 Seats) - Group Matches.

Home's Stadium Kobe, Kobe (34,000 Seats) - Group Matches.

Japan was going to Bid for the 2019 Fifa Women's World Cup, but because they are Hosting the 2019 Rugby World Cup and the 2020 Summer Olympics and Paralympics, they decided they will put in a Bid for the 2023 Fifa Women's World Cup. So these are the Stadiums I would use if Japan won hosting rights.

Tokyo National Stadium, Tokyo (100,000 Seats) - Final, Quarter-Final, 2 Round of 16 Matches and Group Matches (Including Opening Match).

Nissan Stadium, Yokohama (72,327 Seats) - Semi-Final, Quarter-Final, 2 Round of 16 Matches and Group Matches.

Saitama Stadium, Saitama (63,700 Seats) - Semi-Final, Quarter-Final, 2 Round of 16 Matches and Group Matches.

Toyota Stadium, Toyota City (45,000 Seats) - 3rd/4th Place Play-Off, Quarter-Final, 2 Round of 16 Matches and Group Matches.

Sapporo Dome, Sapporo (42,831 Seats) - Group Matches.

Home's Stadium Kobe, Kobe (34,000 Seats) - Group Matches.

Tony please be on topic.This thread is about 2019.

Tony please be on topic.This thread is about 2019.

You obviously didn't read my post properly. I said if they were to Host, these would be the Stadium's, so meaning IF they were to Host 2019.

South Africa will bid to host 2019 Women's World Cup

South Africa will bid to host the 2019 Women's World Cup as they turn their search for success from their failing men's side to the women's arena.

The country has already won the right to host the 2016 U-20 Women's World Cup - the first time a major women's world championship will be hosted on the African continent - and now want the senior event as well.

They are expected to face stiff face competition, however, notably from reigning world champions Japan.

But South African Football Association president Danny Jordaan said the country's track record as hosts of major events would stand its bid in good stead.

BBC

Japan has the 2020 Summer Olympics and Paralympics, so if it's Japan VS South Africa, South Africa should get it IMO. Johannesburg, Durban, Cape Town and Port Elizabeth as host cities.

Archived