• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I honestly don't see what is wrong with a map in the shape of Russia. If Sydney or London did it people would see it as another fantastic gesture of inclusion, but when Russia simply designs a stage

The whole point of the ceremony is to see different cultures and how those cultures see themselves and their Games. The type of people who criticised Athens for that are probably the same people who s

It looks like a Montessori Convention more than a world-class competition venue.

There seems to be a track running up the back from the base to the bowl, thats got to be for the lighting sequence

I had predicted that...if the 'droid' plan doesn't happen. That's probably the back-up route.

BTW, StefanMUC, "pink" is ok...remember they were also once called "pinkos" in the west. It's "lavander" which is outlawed!! :lol: I imagine it's not in the Russian Crayola palette.

Sochi is looking more and more Courbusian to me. I'm sure it will come alive with the crowds for the games, but the post-games legacy, I fear, is not going to look so good. So much concrete and parking... so little greenier. I mean, just compare London.

it's making me feel more iffy than I already did about the idea of a planned Olympic Park for the Winter games.

So much concrete and parking... so little greenier. I mean, just compare London.

it's making me feel more iffy than I already did about the idea of a planned Olympic Park for the Winter games.

Yes, it looks as if all the "oomph" in the Park is going to come from the rainbow-quilt branding on banners etc. Once that's gone, they'll need to do something amazing (massive planting in spring?) to give the place any feeling of life.

Yes, it looks as if all the "oomph" in the Park is going to come from the rainbow-quilt branding on banners etc. Once that's gone, they'll need to do something amazing (massive planting in spring?) to give the place any feeling of life.

As I said before in a different thread I think sochi have given no thought to landscaping of this "park" in fact I think the word park is not correct here. It's a collection of buildings around a plaza but its no park.

Comparing this to the olympic parks of london sydney or Munich there is no comparison.