• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I honestly don't see what is wrong with a map in the shape of Russia. If Sydney or London did it people would see it as another fantastic gesture of inclusion, but when Russia simply designs a stage

The whole point of the ceremony is to see different cultures and how those cultures see themselves and their Games. The type of people who criticised Athens for that are probably the same people who s

It looks like a Montessori Convention more than a world-class competition venue.

^^ I think those pics which were posted in SSC are still kinda old. I remember an article was posted about Putin attending dress rehearsals of the Opening Ceremony already (although I doubt those are full ones) so I believe the stage should be more advanced than these pics.

• Like 1

Putin attended a dress run-thru in Moscow.

No. How could they do a dress run-thru in Moscow when they were only rehearsing the ice numbers in Sochi, at the nearby hockey rink? They gave RasPUTIN a rough run-thru w/o lighting, etc. when he was on-site in Sochi. I believe the only sections rehearsed in Moscow are the ones involving a lot of the ice stars and the opera performers who all live in Moscow and St. Pete. Their sections will be integrated into the main show in Sochi in a week or 2.

Edited by baron-pierreIV

No. How could they do a dress run-thru in Moscow when they were only rehearsing the ice numbers in Sochi, at the nearby hockey rink? They gave RasPUTIN a rough run-thru w/o lighting, etc. when he was on-site in Sochi. I believe the only sections rehearsed in Moscow are the ones involving a lot of the ice stars and the opera performers who all live in Moscow and St. Pete. Their sections will be integrated into the main show in Sochi in a week or 2.

I stand corrected - although I was under the impression from a news report that Putin had somehow been closely involved with the goings on in Moscow.

Today marks 50 Days until The Opening Ceremony of the Sochi 2014 Paralympic Games. How are preporations progressing with the Fisht Olympic Stadium?

i think these games have been underestimated, politics and personalities aside these games will deliver unique beauty and passion in stunningly interesting sochi ,best to all the athletes to achieve and inspire in amazing russia. so exciting........it'd time again to dream!

hi everyone - so i checked on instagram

and if you search for #fisht or #sochi2014

or you look up the location 'olympic parc' in sochi

you will find plenty of pictures by cast members

from the daily rehearsals - no big spoilers yet...

but they didn't seem to not allow smartphones yet...

• Like 1

hi everyone - so i checked on instagram and if you search for #fisht or #sochi2014 or you look up the location 'olympic parc' in sochi you will find plenty of pictures by cast members

If you don't have an Instagram subscription, there are also indexing services available such as OnInStagram

e.g. http://www.oninstagram.com/%D1%84%D0%B8%D1%88%D1%82

• Like 1

If you don't have an Instagram subscription, there are also indexing services available such as OnInStagram

e.g. http://www.oninstagram.com/%D1%84%D0%B8%D1%88%D1%82

Thanks a lot!!!

Please, when there are pics on Instagram try to convert them in other format.

No all of us have Instagram and, peesonally, I really hate it. I I'll never create an account...

Thanks again!!!

Notice the pillars structures. I think those will be for the Imperial Russia segment, like they did in Kazan last year (russian waltz just can't miss the party since they're part of Russian culture)

So far the stage looks like a mix of Vancouver and London to me. I wonder if they will build a stage in one of the sides, since obviously they'll leave an open one to allow the big props to come in.

Just got this from a russian site, alongside this pic

smirnov_7025.jpg

http://www.livekuban.ru/node/537568

The opening ceremony of the Olympic Games in Sochi will be held in three stages

The opening ceremony of the Olympic Winter Games in Sochi will be held simultaneously on three stages .

It will be held February 7 at 20.14 at the stadium " Fischt " and will last about three hours. As stated in the Organizing Committee " Sochi 2014 " , while the opening ceremony will symbolize the year of Russia's first ever Winter Games .
The opening ceremony will consist of nine stages , each of which will narrate the various milestones of Russian history.
Total weight in submissions during the opening ceremonies and closing ceremonies will be attended by three thousand artists from across the country . Organizational issues at the sites , backstage and on the Olympic Park will be engaged in two thousand volunteers , the official website of the governor of the Krasnodar Territory .

Also, this one from http://www.politsib.ru/news/68590

8838.jpg

Creative teams Altai Krai perform at the opening and closing of the Sochi Olympics
10:54 January 14, 2014 G. | Topics : Culture | Lyrics: PolitSibRu | Comments: 0
Russian dance ensemble " Lights " and singers from different musical schools perform at the edge of the events of the Sochi Olympics .
" Lights " will participate in the opening ceremony . Very soon they will go to Sochi to begin rehearsals . Altay ensemble will be one of the most numerous among the regional groups. At full strength - and that 47 people - they will perform at the opening ceremony of the main sport event of the planet.
Will perform at the closing ceremony and our vocalists of various music schools in the region . In the choir of the country , which will consist of thousands of people entered the guys from Barnaul children's music school № 5, Barnaul children's art school № 7, Salted Children's Art School , children's music school Altai State College of Music and children's music school Rubtsovskoe State Musical College.
January 2 guys went to St. Petersburg, where, under the leadership of the People 's Artist of Russia Valery Gergiev started rehearsals . Things have young vocalists held at the Mariinsky Theatre . Today, they return to the Altai region to soon leave for Sochi and continue to work on creative rooms for the closing ceremony .

Is the first pic a real spoiler picture? Or is it from another event?

But, all of us know that Kazan was a "rehearsal" of Sochi, indeed!!! I don´t expect something so different. It was so cool!!!

I'm not so sure.

It certainly isn't the interior of the stadium as the overlay is not Olympic overlay (the evidence of sponsor logos), so maybe this is another Sochi countdown event?

And obviously all of those other photos are just stock promotional pics for the Lights group, not from their involvement in Sochi.