For God's sake Leave him alone & just ignore him!

I can only second that. Athensfan, I hate to say this, but you seem to become the bigger problem in this whole debate than Tony himself. Cool down, will you, please? Thanks a lot - because it gets a lot more on everyone's nerves when you explode and start yet another huge rant against Tony just because of marginalia.

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I honestly don't see what is wrong with a map in the shape of Russia. If Sydney or London did it people would see it as another fantastic gesture of inclusion, but when Russia simply designs a stage

The whole point of the ceremony is to see different cultures and how those cultures see themselves and their Games. The type of people who criticised Athens for that are probably the same people who s

It looks like a Montessori Convention more than a world-class competition venue.

That awkward moment when a thread is derailed with drama. :unsure:

Aw well, moving ooooooon

49748253_QGYpoBwdel9okWYTbuwE5C_6blIz2mK

A more detailed pic of the stage. That podium has a strange shape, like it could be part of something more.

12471437_b4A4XUh38BUD65cin4aKJ1KGVn1euKu

Volunteers attending the rehearsals

22423765_CJb_avtG1CKH68mrcO7pPLPCvTlUqnC

Notice that structure in the lower middle of the stagge

GUYS! Guys. It seems the Full dress rehearsals are underway in the Fisth Stadium.If anyone has Instagram please try saving the pics before they get deleted so we can see those

6b8f66328b7911e3840612c6dbb6fdb0_8.jpg

120de1ba8b8311e3817312fa7d530ffc_5.jpg

5689c0928b7a11e3b666120af7cd0240_8.jpg

057c8c8e8b8911e39c0e128540f6df6c_8.jpg

b187232c8b8411e3b17612ef1cbf7aa1_8.jpg

http://snupt.com/all/ceremoniya-otkrytiya/

opening Ceremony

an hour ago
Just returned from a dress rehearsal ceremony of Winter Olympic Games , but just saying that the photo and details of today you do not get. I have no doubt that tens of thousands of people present today at the stadium Fischt course lay out the network videos with phones, but watch them - spoil your opinion and experience.
Personally, I had a wonderful time , was in a focus group as part of the presidential delegation , conducted training on us , and we're just having fun . Such is the role-playing game , which ended at the stadium directly Fischt first persons in the boxes , and even stood next to two IOC president - former and current . It will be remembered .
As for the show, was expecting a lot more. Yes , of course it's just a rehearsal , albeit general , but was hoping for a wider scope . With high probability we have not shown the whole program . Naturally, instead of real sports delegations were volunteers , and the flag Olympic Committee raised people named John Smith. Many things are kept secret until the last moment .
Broadcast of such action should look much better on TV. The stadium had screens and more than once I caught myself thinking that they are much more fabulous picture , right from the standpoint of design. All the same stadium holds a total of 40 000 guests , and will be broadcast to billions .
The organizers still have one dress rehearsal , try to go at it , but on February 7th, most likely spend watching television in the family.
  • Like 1

Impressions from the first dress rehearsal of the opening of the Winter Olympics 2014

Today was the first open dress rehearsal of the opening of the 22 Winter Olympic Games in Sochi. I was fortunate to be among the first to see the whole ceremony . To say that I am impressed - to say nothing . I'm shocked . But everything must speak in order.
1. Very pleasantly surprised by the script. Not so long ago I thought that Ernst is not the same , but as it turned out , he is still OGOGO ... generally strong script . Although foreign visitors better IMHO I think still give applets .
2 . Unrealistically strong animation and lighting solutions . I do not know who is doing this , but just super . This is the best I've seen in my life from the field of animation .
3 . Music . Can only talk about what I've heard from his seat , but was an excellent audibility . Anyway, the entire background accompaniment, all that I was supposed to be heard , the quality is even at altitude. So note of those who will place at the top. Audibility and review out great.
4 . The stadium itself is impressive, it is just huge . Walkways and stairs are comfortable, no problems with orientation and passage arose. The only thing that seemed not very comfortable - it passes near the seat width , in my opinion a little too narrow . Although ... it is a subjective opinion.
Summarizing I can say so . At the stadium were gorgeous screens, which was broadcast on all that happened . But the difference Feels "screen" and "scene" by 1000% on the side of the stage. No screen will not give that happened there .
ZY I did not take photos . Although , even if I took a picture of something I would not spread. This is the glory , in my opinion , to pass on the photo is simply impossible.

^^ From Instagram and Twitter, mostly (and using russian tags). Some people have posted stuff in Livejournal too. However today's rehearsal didn't had all the performances (probably they want to keep some secrets)

Something more from here

http://drugoi.livejournal.com/3940885.html

8965006_original.jpg

I'm starting to understand why they built such a massive temporary roof.... :blink:

Wow, those are some amazing pictures. On the last picture, there seem to be a mountain or volcano and some big rock with a horse and some trees (Russian birches?) on it hanging from the ceiling.

And the Soviet segment looks rather intimidating with those Communist insignia, those statue heads etc.. I didn't expect that they would show that difficult era of Russian history in such a massive way. Compare this to the wonderfully universal and silent moment in London when they observed a moment of silence for the victims of the World Wars during the "Pandemonium" segment. But... I don't want to draw early conclusions.

What else is noteworthy? It seems as if they project the participating countries' names on the infield during the parade of nations (I can recognise the word "Australia" in apparently French, English and Russian in that picture with the ticket in the foreground). And I wonder whether those volunteers/marshalls around the infield will have to jump and/or dance during the parade of nations, as they had to in Beijing and Vancouver. They seem to move their arms in one of those pictures. And it's remarkable how "indoor" the stadium looks in that ceremonial configuration - you wouldn't think that it's actually an open roof stadium with just an additional temporary roof and two temporary hangars at both open ends.

Then there are those five illluminated sun-shaped geometrical forms hanging in the darkened stadium (which can be seen in that collage at the end of Ikarus' post) - is this Sochi's version of Beijing's "Olympic RIngs made of stars"? The pillars in the infield in the other picture inside that collage, on the other hand, remind of those stripes of fabric that Vancouver used as "trees" during Sarah McLachlan's "Ordinary Miracle" performance. And those fireworks shown in the lower left picture in the collage look interesting and a bit mysterious.

Another video on Instagram shows giant blown up versions of the mascot moving around the field of play. Not sure if this is part of the pre-show as it looks very tacky and we rarely see the mascots incorporated into the ceremonies.

Another video on Instagram shows giant blown up versions of the mascot moving around the field of play. Not sure if this is part of the pre-show as it looks very tacky and we rarely see the mascots incorporated into the ceremonies.

Can you please post it? I would like to see it

I'm willing to bet that that's actually part of the ceremony. :) I may be just a 15 Y.O. But I have sources...

• Like 1

Don't know how :(

That sucks D: cant you take a screenshot of it, at least?

Also if it's true it would be the first time since that small cameo Athena and Phebos did in 2004 on which the mascots actually take part on the main opening ceremony

And the Soviet segment looks rather intimidating with those Communist insignia, those statue heads etc.. I didn't expect that they would show that difficult era of Russian history in such a massive way.

Well, for Putin those were the good old days. I don't know that he views the Communist era the same way that the rest of the world does. In fact, I'm pretty sure he doesn't. I won't be at all surprised to see it glorified in the OC.