one can clearly see on instagram that the massive stage / floor in the fisht stadium is NOT made out of ice -

It does look like it. Then it appears they've shifted the focus of the OC from an ice show to a non-ice show. It's probably morphed into something where they will be highlighting past Russian skating legends a lot less. We shall see on Feb 7.

Edited by baron-pierreIV
  • Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I honestly don't see what is wrong with a map in the shape of Russia. If Sydney or London did it people would see it as another fantastic gesture of inclusion, but when Russia simply designs a stage

The whole point of the ceremony is to see different cultures and how those cultures see themselves and their Games. The type of people who criticised Athens for that are probably the same people who s

It looks like a Montessori Convention more than a world-class competition venue.

This is for members from the UK, or people who know about Claire Balding. She's a BBC Sports Presenter who is Homosexual. Do you recon she will attend Sochi 2014, or be in fear of arrest because she is Homosexual, and Russian Government is Homophobic?

What does that have to do with the ceremonies, Tony? Could you please discuss that in a more suitable thread? Thanks!

Returning to the actual topic: I think that even if there are rumours or confirmed reports that they will have ice skaters or a reference to ice skating in the ceremony, they can let the "ice skaters" use rollerskates as well and thereby simulate ice skating on that white stage.

What does that have to do with the ceremonies, Tony? Could you please discuss that in a more suitable thread? Thanks!

Returning to the actual topic: I think that even if there are rumours or confirmed reports that they will have ice skaters or a reference to ice skating in the ceremony, they can let the "ice skaters" use rollerskates as well and thereby simulate ice skating on that white stage.

Honestly, I accidently wrote in the wrong thread. Apoligies.

Not bad. The stage looks two times larger than Vancouver. Although am I the only one who thinks the flag masts could have been placed in a better place?

They certainly seem to be set off to the left of the podium, don't they. Maybe it will make a whole load of sense once the event gets under way.

Some of the seats at the Kazan Arena have blindspots, because of them concrete pillars.

And what the hell does the Kazan arena have to do with Sochi Ceremonies thread?! Tony I am so fed up with you. Once again just a few posts later you write something that has absolutely nothing to do with this thread! What the heck is wrong with you?!!

Your apologies are totally meaningless when you refused to change your behavior.

• Like 2

And what the hell does the Kazan arena have to do with Sochi Ceremonies thread?! Tony I am so fed up with you. Once again just a few posts later you write something that has absolutely nothing to do with this thread! What the heck is wrong with you?!!

Your apologies are totally meaningless when you refused to change your behavior.

He was responding to what JLishere. See below ||

V

How many seats does Fisht Stadium have for the OC ?

Am I wrong to say that it feels smaller than BC Place (Vancouver)?

It actually feels smaller than Kazan Arena, which had 45,000 seats for the 2013 Summer Universiade.

big_221660320130706-12007-1a5hj2j.jpg

For God's sake Leave him alone & just ignore him!
  • Like 1