Sochi Ceremonies...

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It looks like they're actually coming out of the floor.

If you look at other pics which were leaked of the parade segment you'll notice that, indeed, they ARE coming out of the floor. a vertical part of the floor seems to sink and reveal a hidden gate from which the athletes emerge.

Got in touch with a friend who was in attendance at today's (yesterday's) dress rehearsal...she was working most of the time, but had a few impressions to share:

- said bright dancing dome section was very "Be Our Guest" from Beauty and the Beast with dancing tea pots and cups - dome rise up to form St. Basils

- said the space portion was really beautiful, especially the large sports constellations

- seems to be some sort of focus on the Cyrillic alphabet; said it didn't make a lot of sense to her

- it seems that there is little actually stored in the hangers, and they that are more of a loading/unloading zone for the props that run along the roof. Says that at times both of the hangers are open to the outside and can make for a pretty fierce wind in the stadium

Can you give us any more info? Most of us don't have access to NBC and/or didn't see that segment.

They interviewed the lead designer/director of the OC. They showed a bunch of his models and he talked about some of the concepts he wanted to incorporate into the OC. They also showed how they started with models and progressed to making 3D animations of the OC sequences.

I was actually surprised at how much they showed of certain segments.

They interviewed the lead designer/director of the OC. They showed a bunch of his models and he talked about some of the concepts he wanted to incorporate into the OC. They also showed how they started with models and progressed to making 3D animations of the OC sequences.

I was actually surprised at how much they showed of certain segments.

CBC also interviewed the artistic director for the OC/CC, as well as the stage designer on The National tonight. I was surprised to learn they are both Canadians.

The director said the world can expect an "epic" show (his word). In his mind, it's 4x the caliber of Vancouver, 2x London.

Very excited to see this unfold tomorrow.

It seem like they're setting new sets for Closing Ceremony! 1938078_10152235943154444_1306579015_n.j

I suppose that is a big advantage of no sport in the Ceremony Stadium.... straight from Opening to setting up/ rehearsing the Closing!

Great pic. Thanks.

Well, it also allows Closing to have a few rehearsals they normally wouldn't in a Summer situation. That would also inlude the incoming Handover segment. It will all make for a better show.

Archived