Kraków 2022

PaStKaz

But referendum will be invalid because of turnout probably. And show will go on. As longer i think about it, i realise that it's good that chief is changing. Opponents, who last time change arguments from quasi-meritorical to anti-comittee, will be contented for a moment and new frontman can give something fresh. I know that it's a little naive but remember that it's not "get the higher public support contest" but "make the best candidature for WOG". And we have a lot of time to end of this race. Or maybe you think that Kraków won't be shortlisted?

Krakow bid to meet after resignation of '22 chief

WARSAW, Poland (AP) — Polish organizers of Krakow's candidacy for the 2022 Winter Olympics will meet Thursday to decide on their next steps following the resignation of the bid leader.

The general assembly of the bid committee will hold an extraordinary assembly to consider a successor to Jagna Marczulajtis-Walczak.

The former Olympic snowboarder resigned Saturday following media allegations that her husband, Andrzej Walczak, offered money to journalists in return for favorable stories about the bid.

Prime Minister Donald Tusk has indicated he still wants to host the games.

Krakow is one of five cities bidding for the 2022 Games, along with Almaty, Kazakhstan; Beijing; Lviv, Ukraine; and Oslo.

The IOC executive board will meet in July to decide which cities advance to the final stage. The IOC will select the host city on July 31, 2015, in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.

AP

Krakow's deputy mayor to lead Winter Games bid

WARSAW, Poland (AP) — Krakow's deputy mayor is the new leader of the Polish city's bid for the 2022 Winter Olympics.

Magdalena Sroka was appointed Thursday to head the bid committee following last week's resignation of Jagna Marczulajtis-Walczak.

The former Olympic snowboarder resigned Saturday following media allegations that her husband offered money to journalists in return for favorable stories about the bid.

Sroka's appointment came during an extraordinary meeting of the bid committee.

AP

http://www.sfgate.com/sports/article/Krakow-s-deputy-mayor-to-lead-Winter-Games-bid-5409651.php

What a jackass.

Booring boor. I though u redeemed yourself but u're back to your repugnant self. Back to IGNORE u go.

What are you compensating for Baron, that you have such a compulsion to mock other people?

Compulsion? Oh, u haven't seen me hit my stride yet. I DON'T have to compensate for anything. It's called being ironic. If u don't like it...skip it. Can I help it if she's a hefty woman? :rolleyes:

Edited by baron-pierreIV

Booring boor.

Dude... what's your problem? When I called you a jackass.... that's humor. If I said you were thin-skinned or boorish, that's humor. If I said you were old, washed up, don't know what your talking about... if I accused you of insulting others as a way of hiding your own failings.. it's funny, right?

Sheesh, you guys are right. No sense of humor around here anymore.

She'd be the first winter female bid leader and second ever female bid leader, no?

I'm not sure about bids that didn't win, but Evelina Christillin was the president of the Torino 2006 bid I believe.