Kraków 2022

PaStKaz

Krakow´s application file will be available on http://krakow2022.org/pl for the general public in one week time on monday 24. march

Bonus: Explanation of Krakow 2022s logo:

K22_konsultacje_2.jpg

The centre (yellow square): Krakow´s old town market square

krakowski%20Rynek.jpg

Rest of the logo: Parzenica, old ident and symbol of the polish highlanders (folklore)

10-090-naklejka-scienna_2791.jpg

Edited by NorwayOlympics
  • Like 1

I like the logo with the yellow/golden square symbolizing the center of historic Kraków. You could even imagine that both flowers left and right symbolize the east and west clusters with the Olympic Park cluster on the west and Wisła cluster on the East of downtown Kraków.

And the overall look of the logo representing local tradition of the Polish highlands. Nice and stylish I think

Edited by hektor

To tell the truth i missed out the conference and din't check TV :P now i'm searching for videos and i find some interesting info

Jagna Marczułajtis-Walcza said in this video that polish logo competition (and she dai that initaily they wanted for this compatition to be international but it's againts IOC rules) that failed because most od submitted logos didn't fit IOC requirements so it was hard to get something good and fit those requirements.

http://www.tvn24.pl/krakow,50/rynek-i-parzenica-za-80-tys-zl-krakow-pokazal-olimpijski-logotyp,408567.html

Here i find that this logo cost them 80 000zł (1$ is around 3zł, 1Eur is around 4zł)

20000 euros, so 200 hours of work, give or take. Most of it must have spent been to go through all the patent data bases to check nothing like that exists anywhere.

Well you do a one day meeting with four people that already makes 30 hours...

Edited by hektor

Just a quick question, looking at this bid? Why is the IOC allowing this multinational bid to take place, as we know, a town in Slovakia is to be used in this. Yes, they are both Schengen members, I know the Toronto-Buffalo idea was very stupid to begin with, but a question remains, why is the IOC accepting this situation but not a Toronto-Buffalo situation. Is it because they have the Schengen border situation, maybe so.

Just a quick question, looking at this bid? Why is the IOC allowing this multinational bid to take place, as we know, a town in Slovakia is to be used in this. Yes, they are both Schengen members, I know the Toronto-Buffalo idea was very stupid to begin with, but a question remains, why is the IOC accepting this situation but not a Toronto-Buffalo situation. Is it because they have the Schengen border situation, maybe so.

Because it's only one or two venues and according to IOC charter, a multi-national bid is acceptable if it's due to terrain.

Very solid application file. Love the layout and the fact that this bid has huge public support in Poland.

As a citizen of Oslo I of course want the games to take place in Norway, but as a half pole (my mother is polish) I really hope that Krakow takes this if Oslo backs out from the race.. :)

JPAK-92NHEH1_l.jpg

Edited by NorwayOlympics
  • Like 1

I'm torn on this one. I think they put together a good application file, they would put on a good games, but I just can't support a bi-national bid in the end. That being said, I think this will be the first bi-national bid to get to the Candidate City phase. In the end though, I think the Logistics prove to be too much, they've done a good job though thus far.

And Lausanne 2020 is very likely to win with the ski jumping in France.

And Beijing 2008 had equitation in Hong Kong.

But Beijing proposed for both 2000 and 2008 for Equestrian to be held in the city. It didn't hold the event during the Asian Games.

Only after did they move it to Hong Kong.

Edited by Lord David

Salzburg 2014 was short listed with sliding events in Germany.

This bi-national split feels like a bigger deal though. A Winter Games without skiing in the host country? That's a lot to swallow. And Poland and Slovakia, while respectable, don't have the Winter sports pedigree of Austria and Germany. I will be very curious to see what the IOC decides.

This bi-national split feels like a bigger deal though. A Winter Games without skiing in the host country? That's a lot to swallow. And Poland and Slovakia, while respectable, don't have the Winter sports pedigree of Austria and Germany. I will be very curious to see what the IOC decides.

Alpine skiing - 10 events

Sliding sports - 9 events.

Hardly a difference.

• Like 2