Kraków 2022

PaStKaz

mr.bernham, on 13 Mar 2014 - 11:46 PM, said:

snapback.png

I found a possible compettion entry brand and logo design that looks A LOT like the final product: https://www.behance....w-2022/13494139

That might be polish logo competition fiasco leftovers, also this design is used by http://krk22.pl/ might be from creator of this site

I feel I know guy who designed this logo ;-P Thats actually me.

And it wasnt a competitor in logo contest, but im connected to krk22.pl blog.

Definitely nothing official.

I feel I know guy who designed this logo ;-P Thats actually me.

And it wasnt a competitor in logo contest, but im connected to krk22.pl blog.

Definitely nothing official.

Oh why you didn't atleast try to participate? It's pretty cool, maybe it was logotype they been waiting for and now they wasting money in Switzerland :P

https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc1/t31/1978424_748482331829239_1580894665_o.jpg

The resolution of this version of the picture is good enough to guess the bid logo when you zoom, especially the application file in the hands of Jagnę Marczułajtis-Walczak (center) thanks to the blue background. Seems to be a pretty simple symmetric logo, maybe a flower, with the text Krakow 2022 below. Two versions, with text in white on dark background and text in blue on clear background, with matching changes in the color of the "flower".

Makes me think of a more symmetric version of the logo of Salzburg 2014.

Edited by hektor

http://sportetsociete.files.wordpress.com/2014/03/cracovie-2022-dc3a9lc3a9gation.jpg

The resolution of this version of the picture is good enough to guess the bid logo when you zoom, especially the application file in the hands of Jagnę Marczułajtis-Walczak (center) thanks to the blue background. Seems to be a pretty simple symmetric logo, maybe a flower, with the text Krakow 2022 below. Two versions, with text in white on dark background and text in blue on clear background, with matching changes in the color of the "flower".

Makes me think of a more symmetric version of the logo of Salzburg 2014.

Yes, we know that it is something simple and symmetric. But what it is? We still don't know.

And Magdalena Sroka (vic-president of Kraków) is on left. In the center is Jagna Marczułajtis-Walczak (chief of applicant comitee) and on the right Iwona Łotysz from polish NOC.

Oh, you edit your post already. And i quoted it with your correction. Hmm. Never mind.

Nice to see a bid led by a snowboarder.

https://en.wikipedia...a_Marczułajtis

She is interesting person. She has Lithuanian roots, and surname, her mother and two aunts was olympians. In Salt Lake City only fall deprived her medal (she finished 4th). Then she tried her skills as an actress, did spicy photosession, competed in polish version of 'Dancing with stars' and became a parliament member. IMHO she belongs to the category 'people, who camera loves'.

I bet this is something inspired by traditional Zakopane design element - 'parzenica' but I can be as wrong as it is only possible ;-)

Yes, totally looks like "parzenica" to me. If that's an official logo, that could be more suitable for Zakopane bid. It kinda lacks of something Krakow-ish.

Seriously! Anyone who is looking at her picture and focusing on what may or may not be a logo on a piece of paper in her hands takes their logos a little too seriously.

We have already seen her pictures in men's magazine like 10 years ago, when we were high school students :)

She is a beautiful woman, married, and has two daughters.

The whole focus on a piece of paper in her hands is more about the failed Krakow logo competition.

Yes, we know that it is something simple and symmetric. But what it is? We still don't know.

And Magdalena Sroka (vic-president of Kraków) is on left. In the center is Jagna Marczułajtis-Walczak (chief of applicant comitee) and on the right Iwona Łotysz from polish NOC.

Oh, you edit your post already. And i quoted it with your correction. Hmm. Never mind.

It looks like a flower, I really like it's simplicity. So far Krakow (IMO) has the most beautiful bids.

2ik4oj7.png

zoom in on the logo, It's growing on me...

Gotta say, I'm warming, both emotionally and intellectually, to Krakow. Okay, it's early days yet, and I'll wait and see what the general consensus of the technical plans from the applicant files are, but I do think the bi-national aspect isn't a real issue at all and I'm inclined to start thinking of them as the favourite.

I think there's a strong risk Oslo may not shape up to be the "re-assurance" bid many of us have thought. Considering its home opposition, the grudging "conditional" aspect of the government "support", not to mention the prospect of seven years of vocal protests against the games, Norwegian stridency might be the sort of trouble the IOC would also like to steer clear of. Whereas, in today's climate at least, I doubt they'd get much stick for choosing to give Poland a chance to become an Olympic host nation.

Edited by Sir Rols
  • Like 3