Kraków 2022

PaStKaz

I thought Slovakia was just going to host the alpine events. Now they're going to give them some of the ice hockey competition too? If that is indeed the case, they can call it a Krakow bid all they want, but this is shaping more and more like a joint bid. I cannot see why Krakow cannot host all of the ice events.

The neighboring countries approved a plan last year to bid jointly, with Slovakia hosting alpine skiing and ice hockey events and the Polish city of Krakow acting as the center of the games.

:rolleyes: Another article with a "great" research.

Its too small for oc according to the IOC. Any plans on expanding?

So was Turin's. The Capacity is around 30,000 seats. Wisla Krakow Stadium has a Capacity of around 33,000 Seats.

If we are talking about Opening Ceremony.

Stadio Olimpico Torino 2006 :

mainstage_torino.JPG
104Torino_Opening.jpg
Corbis-42-16409660.jpg?size=67&uid=a089e
The total capacity is 27,168 seats. For Opening ceremony, expansion was made to 35,000 seats by temporary structures, plus construction of massive construction scenes for technical preparation of the Olympic flame.

Hello All!

I'm new here and I'm really proud of the fact how popular Krakow's 2022 thread is.
I come from that city and I've spend almost all my life in Tatra mountains beacause of my parents who are guides there. Since my childhood (early 90's) I've observed how Podhale (the whole mountain region in southern Poland) has changed. Despite the fact that there is still a lot to change, its worth visiting. Something that is really astonishing - villages like Bialka-Tatrzanska, Jurgow, Bukowina-Tatrzanska, Koscielisko 15 years ago were only
small mountain villages with a few guest room houses. Today these villages offer everything also for demanding tourists - good quality hotels and guest rooms, SPA&wellness, ski slopes, good public transport, during summer time canoeing and very good traditional mountaineer's dishes in many inns.
So called polish winter capital city is Zakopane but there are many small villages, like those I wrote before, that offer many places to stay.
Regarding to the question raised many days ago I prepared some information about the number of hotels, hostels,guest houses and other kind of accomodation that tourist can find in Krakow and mountin villages described before. The amounts are approximate because some of guest houses are not registered (especially in the mountains). Please find the below some data:

Number o "beds" (2012 year) Malopolska (whole region) 84713 Kraków - Applicant city 26513 Tatra region 22941 Wieliczka (city with popular salt mine - 10 km to Kraków) 1147 Myslenice (city where bobsleigh is planned) 858 Krakow - hotels 130 hotels 17 100 places to stay in hotels 10 5 star hotels - almost 2000 places to stay

There are also many high quality hotels in the mountain like in Zakopane or Bukowina Tarzanska.

Despite increasing number of tourist in Krakow during winter period, that time is almost dead like in other european cities. Different situation is in Podhale - mountain region. Many domestic and foreign tourist go to polish or slovakian Tatras for skiing. This and summer time are periods with the biggest amount of them.

Below you will find picture taken in Bukowina Tatrzanska with a view to Tatra mountains.

p6s3.jpg

Below view to Bialka Tatrzanska village - Pistes, Therma Pools and hotel.

dvcy.jpg

Tony please. Watch Beijing 2008 opening ceremony and find Hong Kong.

Once again (but probably not the last) its polish bid, Krakow 2022.

//BTW, why you have 'England' in your signature not UK?

Welcome wantu ;-) I always appreciate people from Podhale ;-]

Tony please. Watch Beijing 2008 opening ceremony and find Hong Kong.

Once again (but probably not the last) its polish bid, Krakow 2022.

//BTW, why you have 'England' in your signature not UK?

Welcome wantu ;-) I always appreciate people from Podhale ;-]

Many of us here either count ourselves as British (they support the 4 countries being 1) or being English like me (4 separate countries) and also fair point about Hong Kong.

If it weren't for Oslo, I'd really hope you get it, but if it's not now, your chance should soon come anyway.

I think here in Poland we have a lot of respect to the power of Oslo bid and accept fact that Oslo is clear frontrunner. Even if winner spot is taken now, its important to gain some experience about IOC lobbing and gain runner-up status. It always easier to candidate once again after you were 2nd before.

I think here in Poland we have a lot of respect to the power of Oslo bid and accept fact that Oslo is clear frontrunner. Even if winner spot is taken now, its important to gain some experience about IOC lobbing and gain runner-up status. It always easier to candidate once again after you were 2nd before.

Exactly. That's a good attitude.

Wow. I respect that so much. Like Stefan said, good attitude. I've stated before that I reckon Krakow could Host the 2030 Winter Olympics. IF Oslo were to pull out, it would be Krakow's to lose for 2022.

I think that Krakow Poland will host an future Winter Olympics and Paralympics Games in the very near future 2030 is the most likely time for it to happen, Beijing China is a big player in the 2022 race and is likely to win the 2022 hosting rights then North America will host again in 2026. So I think that the 2030 race will be between Barcelona Catalonia Vs Krakow Poland for the 2030 hosting rights.

I think that Krakow Poland will host an future Winter Olympics and Paralympics Games in the very near future 2030 is the most likely time for it to happen, Beijing China is a big player in the 2022 race and is likely to win the 2022 hosting rights then North America will host again in 2026. So I think that the 2030 race will be between Barcelona Catalonia Vs Krakow Poland for the 2030 hosting rights.

Oh please! They won't have 3 Asian Olympics in a row! Beijing and Almaty only have a chance if Oslo and Krakow pull out. I agree 2026 will be North America. 2030 will be Krakow.