Kraków 2022

PaStKaz

I have to say I love Poland and Kraków and that would be an amazing venue for medal ceremonies. I still think Oslo is right for 2022 but I hope Kraków will get the games soon.

As long as the cities will wage war using only its own advantages I will appreciate this ;-) I like Oslo bid too, and trust me Norway and Scandinavia are huge brands in Poland ;-). A little competition does not hurt the winner even if it will be favorite from the very beggining. Higher the bar, higher! ;-)

Yes, looks like a big shift towards more compact venues plan, they dropped Katowice and Oświęcim.

The biggest surprise? curling in the multipurpose venue planned mostly for tennis facility, just next to the planned Olympic Training Centre (and the already existing Kolna Canoe Slalom Course, 15 km from main Olympic Village, just next to the A4 highway junction)

You sure that short-track and figure skating are going to be split? I also read this document and i'm very confused. IOC documents even doesn't specify capacity of short-track skating venue - it simply says that ST and FS share venue. And this hall near to Cracovia Stadium was planned to be only 2500, so it's hard to imagine that there will be short-track and it's hard to imagine that city wants to build there venue for 10 000 spectators. So i think it will be training venue. I don't know: in figure skating training ice-rink close to (practically in) main venue is necessary? In this case it make sense.

Changing curling arena into public indoor tennis facility after Olympics is more than great idea.

The split beetween figure skating and short track venue is a bit controversial but I could work. Why not? They would be just 2minutes away

Combining FS and STSS is a little too tight. ANd I know they have the Zomboni machines, but I think the ice gets beat too much with STSS; and if it were up to me, I would put STSS in a more rounded arena rather than in the traditional rectangular one. So I think the split is good.

The split beetween figure skating and short track venue is a bit controversial but I could work. Why not? They would be just 2minutes away

Combining FS and STSS is a little too tight. ANd I know they have the Zomboni machines, but I think the ice gets beat too much with STSS; and if it were up to me, I would put STSS in a more rounded arena rather than in the traditional rectangular one. So I think the split is good.

Classement : les 10 villes préférées des touristes en Europe

Krakow elected top touristic destination in Europe.

1. Krakow 9/10

2. Sevilla 8,9/10

3. Venice 8,8/10

4. Brugge 8,8/10

5. Rome 8,8/10

6. Vienna 8,7/10

7. Barcelona 8,7/10

8. Maastricht 8,7/10

9. Prague 8,7/10

10. Berlin 8,6/10

London, Paris and Istanbul aren't on that list? looks suspicious.

^^LOL where did you find that video.

That is a truly beautiful pic. Looks so mystical, like if it were virtually were in another world.

So you see Zakopane ist perfect place for WOG :)). This place is kind of heavenly blessed beauty :). My friend took this photo. I live near Zakopane.

Look at this photo and try imagine how perfect will be Krakow games :)

Slovakia Earmarks EU177 Million for Olympics Bid With Poland

Slovakia is prepared to spend 177 million euros ($243 million) if it wins the chance to host the 2022 Winter Olympic Games in a joint bid with Poland, a plan approved by the government showed today.

The neighboring countries approved a plan last year to bid jointly, with Slovakia hosting alpine skiing and ice hockey events and the Polish city of Krakow acting as the center of the games. Russia spent more than 1.5 trillion rubles ($42 billion) on the 22nd Winter Olympics, which ended Feb. 23, according to Moody’s Investors Service and RAM Capital SA, compared with an original budget of $12 billion.

Beijing, Oslo, Ukraine’s Lviv, Kazakhstan’s Almaty and Stockholm have also bid. Poland, the largest eastern EU member, co-hosted the European soccer championship in 2012 with Ukraine. Slovakia, a country of 5.5 million people, is counting on its ski resorts, including Tatry Mountain Resort AS-operated Jasna, as a draw.

As much as 169 million euros of Slovakia’s budget for the games will be covered by the state, according to the document posted on the government website. The funds will be spent mostly on upgrading roads and other infrastructure.