Kraków 2022

PaStKaz

You forgot Beijing. Despite what I think of FYI and the fact that I would have rather seen another Chinese city bid (like Harbin) Beijing with the wealth of infrastructure there, as well as China's proven sporting prowess, I can see the IOC going back to Beijing despite the fact that this would be 3 Olympics in a row in Asia. There's also the possible temptation of wanting to see what a Beijing handover would look like in Pyeongchang, as well as the potential pressure (or greater pressure) from the Chinese camp to get North Korea to participate for good in Pyeongchang as a sign of goodwill.

So it will be a very tight race between Krakow, Beijing and Almaty, with Almaty being the underdog given Krakow providing a bid which does not emphasize the part of Jasna being involved.

You forgot Beijing. Despite what I think of FYI and the fact that I would have rather seen another Chinese city bid (like Harbin) Beijing with the wealth of infrastructure there, as well as China's proven sporting prowess, I can see the IOC going back to Beijing despite the fact that this would be 3 Olympics in a row in Asia. There's also the possible temptation of wanting to see what a Beijing handover would look like in Pyeongchang, as well as the potential pressure (or greater pressure) from the Chinese camp to get North Korea to participate for good in Pyeongchang as a sign of goodwill.

So it will be a very tight race between Krakow, Beijing and Almaty, with Almaty being the underdog given Krakow providing a bid which does not emphasize the part of Jasna being involved.

Beijing won't get the Games, and although I said it will be Krakow vs Almaty IF Oslo pull out, I think if Oslo pulls out, Krakow will have the edge, because the IOC won't have 3 Asian Olympic Hosts in a row, even if it is China. Oslo will win, if they pull out, Krakow will win.

Beijing could get the games if Oslo pulls out, the IOC wants to avoid what they would perceive as a bi-national games from Krakow and if they believe Almaty is just not ready (as well as too soon from Sochi and regional concerns), despite Almaty having most of the infrastructure readily available and experience in hosting.

I think the IOC is willing to have 3 Olympic hosts in Asia, with a known host (although controversial in it's own), given the points above and especially if Beijing does come up with something credible and workable.

But given that Stockholm has bailed out, I don't think Oslo will, especially since venues like a new major arena would be useful for the city anyways.

Beijing could get the games if Oslo pulls out, the IOC wants to avoid what they would perceive as a bi-national games from Krakow and if they believe Almaty is just not ready (as well as too soon from Sochi and regional concerns), despite Almaty having most of the infrastructure readily available and experience in hosting.

I think the IOC is willing to have 3 Olympic hosts in Asia, with a known host (although controversial in it's own), given the points above and especially if Beijing does come up with something credible and workable.

But given that Stockholm has bailed out, I don't think Oslo will, especially since venues like a new major arena would be useful for the city anyways.

As much as I think Krakow won't win because of the multi-country Bid, I think there is more chance of a Multi-country Bid winning than 3 Asian Olympics happening. In my opinion, now that Stockholm has pulled out, if Oslo pulls out, then the 4 left are just a weak field for these reasons - Krakow = Multi-Country, Beijing = 3 Asian Olympics, Human Rights issues and environment issues, Almaty = 3 Asian Olympics and Lviv is just weak, money wise and government position wise with the shadow of Russia. Oslo has no problems what so ever. They have experience, they are a Winter Country, they would be a safe option in my opinion and the Norwegian People love winter sports. Which ever way you look at it, Krakow/Jasna is a joint bid. The IOC will only choose a joint bid if they have no other choice. So if Oslo pull out, then the IOC will be left with near enough no choice but to choose Krakow/Jasna, as Beijing is too near to the 2008 Olympics and Asian Olympics and Human Rights AND Pollution, Almaty with Asian Olympics and Lviv is just weak.

The IOC will only choose a joint bid if they have no other choice. So if Oslo pull out, then the IOC will be left with near enough no choice but to choose Krakow/Jasna

Tony, I'll do it in your way.

Once again its not joint bid, and it isnt breaking the IOC rules (in opposite to London/Broxbourne/Dorney Lake/Glasgow/Cardiff/Manchester/Newcastle/Birmingham/Belfast 2012 bid which broke the IOC rules with their abortive athlete incentive initiative and lobbying by Blair.) As you see with example of London/Broxbourne/Dorney Lake/Glasgow/Cardiff/Manchester/Newcastle/Birmingham/Belfast 2012 bid it is possible to win voting with playing against the rules. Krakow isnt playing against the rules so in this aspect it is Krakow 2022 vs London/Broxbourne/Dorney Lake/Glasgow/Cardiff/Manchester/Newcastle/Birmingham/Belfast 2012 1-0 for Krakow. Actually we can be 100% sure that London/Broxbourne/Dorney Lake/Glasgow/Cardiff/Manchester/Newcastle/Birmingham/Belfast was able to win with breaking the rules only cause of wide corruption process.

Secondly, Im sure you are going to close your mouth with whole 'multibid' mess on 8–9 July 2014. If Krakow will achieve candidate city status the point will be clear -> its not joint bid cause this is abandoned. I'm waiting to July.

Tony, I'll do it in your way.

Once again its not joint bid, and it isnt breaking the IOC rules (in opposite to London/Broxbourne/Dorney Lake/Glasgow/Cardiff/Manchester/Newcastle/Birmingham/Belfast 2012 bid which broke the IOC rules with their abortive athlete incentive initiative and lobbying by Blair.) As you see with example of London/Broxbourne/Dorney Lake/Glasgow/Cardiff/Manchester/Newcastle/Birmingham/Belfast 2012 bid it is possible to win voting with playing against the rules. Krakow isnt playing against the rules so in this aspect it is Krakow 2022 vs London/Broxbourne/Dorney Lake/Glasgow/Cardiff/Manchester/Newcastle/Birmingham/Belfast 2012 1-0 for Krakow. Actually we can be 100% sure that London/Broxbourne/Dorney Lake/Glasgow/Cardiff/Manchester/Newcastle/Birmingham/Belfast was able to win with breaking the rules only cause of wide corruption process.

Secondly, Im sure you are going to close your mouth with whole 'multibid' mess on 8–9 July 2014. If Krakow will achieve candidate city status the point will be clear -> its not joint bid cause this is abandoned. I'm waiting to July.

It's my view. It's different with the Summer Olympics, because you can't have 6 Football Stadium's in 1 City in use at the same time. Jasna is hosting a event. So it is co-hosting. Krakow is 2nd favourite in my eyes. Oslo will win.

It's my view. It's different with the Summer Olympics, because you can't have 6 Football Stadium's in 1 City in use at the same time. Jasna is hosting a event. So it is co-hosting. Krakow is 2nd favourite in my eyes. Oslo will win.

It wasn't a corrupt process. We won fair and square.

And you were saying about your FIRST bet, Stockholm, oh all-knowing 16-year old???? :blink:

Err um, you're forgetting his first bet was non starter LVIV! Everyone was in agreement that Lviv would not even make it near the candidate stage, but our all-knowing 16-month old thought otherwise.

• Like 1

Err um, you're forgetting his first bet was non starter LVIV! Everyone was in agreement that Lviv would not even make it near the candidate stage, but our all-knowing 16-month old thought otherwise.

I was wrong about Lviv. I hold my hands up. But Stockholm didnt lose. They pulled out on there own terms, so we will never know if I would of been right or wrong because they pulled out, not eliminated.

You forgot Beijing. Despite what I think of FYI and the fact that I would have rather seen another Chinese city bid (like Harbin) Beijing with the wealth of infrastructure there, as well as China's proven sporting prowess, I can see the IOC going back to Beijing despite the fact that this would be 3 Olympics in a row in Asia.

Believe me, the feeling is TOTALLY mutual! :P Don't take it out on me cuz most here don't buy many of your outlandish theories (which are ALSO pointed out by many other prominent members on these boards), or bcuz I'm not so infatuated with Almaty like you are. But glad to see that you're starting to see reason with at least Beijing. :lol::P

Says the 'all-knowing' Almaty-lovin', IOC Rome "punishing", Lake Placid H.S. reuse, "expert"! :lol: You do know that saying about glass houses, don't you. :P

Look. PyeongChang 2018 (Asia) and Tokyo 2020 (Asia). They won't have a 3rd Asian Olympics in a Row. So that rules out Beijing and Almaty. Lviv, I admit is weak. Krakow is a joint bid weather you say so or not, Jasna is hosting a event. Rome will not be punished for pulling out of 2020 Summer Bidding race. Almaty hasn't been punished for pulling out before. Stockholm won't be punished if they Bid again. Lake Placid is no where near a strong Candidate for the Usa. If Usa Bid for Summer Olympics, then Los Angeles or Dallas will be the Candidate. If the city wanted it, New York or Chicago would be a strong Bid, if the City wanted it as I state. If Usa Bid for the Winter Olympics, Denver would probably be the ideal Candidate, if not, then Salt Lake City. The thing that gets to me is this theory that Rome will get punished. It is a mad accusation.

Oh, Tony. SMH.

If it's an insult to me, then that was uncalled for. If it was an insult to @Lord David, then I would say I'm not going to insult him, I just think his views on Rome being punished is mad.

Once again.. Salzburg 2014. Don't tell me that's irrelevant because they didn't win. It means we've seen this scenario before where a bid city chose to involve a city from another country because it would help the bid. That's what's happening here. Like I said earlier, I have little recollection of how the Salzburg bid was perceived, but I certainly don't recall the bid being referred to as Salzburg-Konigsee the way you seem to keep pushing that this is Krakow-Jasna. If the Polish committee organizing the event says it's not a joint bid, I don't see why it should be treated as one. If you see it that way, that's your prerogative, but considering you have them 2nd in the running out of a race with 5 candidates, that sounds like a little more than that they have no choice.

Salzburg was different of course. They (and everyone else) knew that the German sliding track was nearby so they decided to include it as part of their bid. It's not like a new sliding track was needed because Austria already had one in Innsbruck, which didn't need replacing nor did the country need another track. And it was financially responsible to use an existing one available in a neighbouring country rather than attempt to build a temporary costly one.