Congratulations; Istanbul is awarded 2020 Olympic & Paralympic Games

fatixxx

:D SWEEEEEEEEET!

Finally the IOC got something right!

CONGRATULATIONS ISTANBUL.!!!!

...Rols will be most upset his favorites, Japan, misses out again... :P

Wait for the announcement Alex - fatixxx may have jumped the gun accidentally, but you're starting the trolling early!

LMFAO!

First time you posted in the 2020 threads all campaign, and how wrong you got it!

Seriously, though, commiserations istanbul. I would have ben really happy to see you do it!

All well roland, .. you know .. i'm not IN anymore.. maybe i'll we be writing here on gb when istanbul (eventually) will be again candidate for 2024 .. but till then..

i'm tired tonight, whole the week.. and i want to cry whole the night long..

love you all

congratulations tokyo

but still don't understand the 60 votes against 26 by a landslide..

what did tokyo promise or what were the trump cards of tokyo..

or was it whole the lobbying-strategy-thing to hold the ioc-presidentship in europe.. dropped as a gift into the hands of Thomas Bach..

well, gosh you know.. we will never know it..

:'(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((

good night

fatih

"Chinese sports officials struck a deal with European IOC members in 2001 that brought the Olympics to Beijing and put Jacques Rogge at the head of the International Olympic Committee, according to a new book by the retired past president of the Chinese Olympic Committee. Yuan Weimin levels the accusation in his memoir, "Yuan Weimin and the Sports World," according tothis report from the AP."

http://www.chinasportstoday.com/en/blog/item/379/did_china_trade_votes_to_get_the_2008_olympics

"Chinese sports officials struck a deal with European IOC members in 2001 that brought the Olympics to Beijing and put Jacques Rogge at the head of the International Olympic Committee, according to a new book by the retired past president of the Chinese Olympic Committee. Yuan Weimin levels the accusation in his memoir, "Yuan Weimin and the Sports World," according tothis report from the AP."

http://www.chinasportstoday.com/en/blog/item/379/did_china_trade_votes_to_get_the_2008_olympics

I wouldn't put much credence in that. I repeat, Beijing had it in the bag, and Rogge was long JAS's preferred successor, and was the strong favourite.

congratulations tokyo

but still don't understand the 60 votes against 26 by a landslide..

Fatih, Tokyo has the infrastructure AND safer environment to stage something safe for the IOC. Istanbul is too DENSE with people to be an efficient host for an OGs. But congrats on a good try. Maybe have it in Ankara next time. I think Ankara or Izmir might be a better host city. Istanbul is wayyyy TOOOO crowded!!

Archived