Honestly, I don't find MP all that bad. The real joke is synchro swimming, where the medalists are essentially predetermined before the event begins. Also, there is so much debate about gender equality, but synchro and rythmic gymnastics set a double standard. Both sports need to go in my opinion, and more women's events should be added in artistic gymnastics.

I agree, but I also think Modern Pentathlon needs to go. The fencing portion is unwatchable (one hit epee? really?), the show jumping section is a joke and the swimming section is essentially watching a bunch of 200m free morning heats. The only part of Modern Pentathlon that is at all TV friendly is the "biathlon" bit. And even that is a bit painful to watch due to how the laser shooting is implements. There is none of the drama of Biathlon where missing a shot is hugely significant. Not to mention that MP is by far the most niche of all sports in the Olympic program.

I do agree that Synchro and Rythmic both need to go at some point.

Edited by Fox334
  • Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

MADRID 2028, MADRID 2032, MADRID 2036, MADRID 2040, MADRID 2044.....

I wouldn't be surprised. But if the competition is heavy, like is already being mentioned after this 2020 Asian win, then they better think long & hard if they really want to go through all of thi

"Thank you for your $50 million bid fee, here is your diploma."

Honestly, I don't find MP all that bad. The real joke is synchro swimming, where the medalists are essentially predetermined before the event begins. Also, there is so much debate about gender equality, but synchro and rythmic gymnastics set a double standard. Both sports need to go in my opinion, and more women's events should be added in artistic gymnastics.

Right but they were discussing removing sports, and with synchro and rhythmic it wasn't really an option for them to be dropped. Now every event is up for question.

Name a time when the IOC did not fail to do what they are supposed to do.

LOL exactly. It's nothing new.

I agree, but I also think Modern Pentathlon needs to go. The fencing portion is unwatchable (one hit epee? really?), the show jumping section is a joke and the swimming section is essentially watching a bunch of 200m free morning heats. The only part of Modern Pentathlon that is at all TV friendly is the "biathlon" bit. And even that is a bit painful to watch due to how the laser shooting is implements. There is none of the drama of Biathlon where missing a shot is hugely significant. Not to mention that MP is by far the most niche of all sports in the Olympic program.

I do agree that Synchro and Rythmic both need to go at some point.

I agree the fencing portion is a joke and so is the riding, but the mp IF is doing a good job of trying to innovate with the whole "one venue" concept, something that wrestling was failing to do.

You can't add more women's events in artistic gymnastics. The entire world championship program is competed at the Olympics. It is just the nature of the sport that there are 8 men's events and 6 women's events. It was one of the reasons rhythmic gymnastics was included. I think the federation would rather see tumbling included, it is a lot more telegenic when compared to rhythmic and it has better distribution of competitors globally.

I agree with Fox, MP, RG and synchro need to go. Would much rather see more swimming, track cycling and squash in the program. Also would like to see table tennis eliminated.

what does everyone have against golf?

-Its expensive to take up

Sochi is getting drilled by IOC members over the gay rights.

Heiberg says the preparations could not have been done better in Lillehammer

Head of Sochi OC is discussing empty seats/tickets sold out.

There are plenty of other world-class tournaments that rank higher in the players' hearts than the Olympic Games. Those tournaments also come with hefty purses.

Yeah like American Football :P

what does everyone have against golf?

It's boring as crap. No one in the US really watches it unless a scandal happens.

It's boring as crap. No one in the US really watches it unless a scandal happens.

Completely untrue. Golf is by far one of the most popular sports to watch in the United States.

Korea looks like they are well on track, might even finish some venues before Rio does ;)

The power of those Asians must never be underestimated. I have a hunch that Tokyo will host 2016 after all and that Rio will not finish in time.

lets here what they have to say about their plain new logo.

In that video I could pick out around five better logos.