Sign in to follow this  
Citius Altius Fortius

125th Session - live chat

For me as a strong Madrid supporter I was anxious to see the other cities presentations. Istanbul blew me away; the videos were creative and expressed the cities diversity and peace and the last one showed how Istanbul's legacy would play out. Overall I think Istanbul had the best presentation, Madrid would be next and Tokyo would be far behind.

Tokyo's did nothing for me...it was very generic and boring.

As a Frenchman, all these bids are a bit meh for me. I think the best presentation was Tokyo's. I would love Madrid to win though.

Also I keep thinking that if France had not put together this idiotic and suicidal Annecy 2018 bid, Paris could have been in good position in such a race.

And I don't speak of Rome.

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNTk4MzE3MDMy.html

The official documentary of the Tokyo 1964 Olympic Games. This is found on the Youku website. 75 mins. Language: Japanese. May have 15-30 seconds advertisement before the video.

You can also find an excellent DVD fully restored in The Criterion Collection.

http://www.criterion.com/films/709-tokyo-olympiad?q=autocomplete

Edited by hektor

Anne is schedule to vote.

There will be 95 IOC voters for the first round. General Mounir Sabet unable to travel from Egypt because of current political problems. Saku Koivu from Finland is in training camp with the @AnaheimDucks for the new NHL (National hockey league) season. Delegates from Japan, Turkey & Spain not...allowed to vote until their Bidding City has been eliminated from the running

-Insidethegames on twitter.

The "Does it Make Sense" video referring to the two previous bids was too intense and slightly unnerving. Banderas eyes were so wide as if they were saying "WE WILL NEVER STOP".

And at the expense of sounding like I'm getting into the Spanish team - I'm over this "nobody lives life quite like we do" idea that gets thrown about. It's lost in translation and boring at best - and condescending at worst.

I also dont like these topics about any place: we live life like nobody else, etc. etc. The truth is that I ve visited many cities around the world, for my job Im so lucky to do that almost every week and I havent found a city so crazy for party and that truly never stops like Madrid. You can walk during Gran Via, one of Madrid's main avenues, at any time or day or night and its always packed with people. I sometimes wonder how is that possible.... but then when I find myself on a Monday morning, 6am walking through that street and coming from a party I understand .... Come to Madrid even if we dont get the Olympics and lets party!

As a brazilian I must say the three presentantions were a bit below expectations. I did liked the better five presentations for the 2016 games. Saying that I do share good vibrations for Madrid but don´t like the videos about the masterplan. I must say I will be happy if Madrid wins. But something tells me Istambul is getting momentum in the final day.

They should be starting the Evaluation report now. Do they just read out the contents of the report, as is was released earlier in the year?

Live on Youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uaWqGqcHJ8o

As a Frenchman, all these bids are a bit meh for me. I think the best presentation was Tokyo's. I would love Madrid to win though.

Also I keep thinking that if France had not put together this idiotic and suicidal Annecy 2018 bid, Paris could have been in good position in such a race.

And I don't speak of Rome.

You can also find an excellent DVD fully restored in The Criterion Collection.

http://www.criterion.com/films/709-tokyo-olympiad?q=autocomplete

Thanks! I would like to buy this DVD very much!

Prince Philip is a great public speaker - but reiterated by opinion of the Madrid bid: The expectancy of being owed the Games every time the country goes through a hard time. It is ridiculous logic. If there is another recession in 20 years - do we hand out another Olympics to Valencea to boost the morale of Spain? This is NOT What the Olympics are for. It is not a crutch.

The sheer arrogance of it. If anything - it supports the case of Istanbul: Give Turkey, and its young people, the opportunity to feel what young Spaniards felt in the lead up to 1992 - that they meant something and we part of something special.

Prince Philip is right - the Olympics does do that. As a young Australian I felt so inspired and proud of the hospitality my nation showed to the world in 2000 - and I hope young Turks get to feel that in 2020.

GO ISTANBUL!

They should be starting the Evaluation report now. Do they just read out the contents of the report, as is was released earlier in the year?

I missed that, what happened?

Too bad. I would have loved to see what the computer guys at IOC have imagined as fake bid city names this time. They are always so tongue in cheek. :rolleyes:

I'm a Japanese American, so I'm pretty excited for Tokyo. What I thought was interesting is that I get sattelite NHK and they are going to start their live broadcast soon on the vote. It's 3 in the morning in Japan, I wonder if the live view of Tokyo is going to be a lot of sleeping people :P

Too bad. I would have loved to see what the computer guys at IOC have imagined as fake bid city names this time. They are always so tongue in cheek. :rolleyes:

Possibly previous host cities... That actually would be very interesting!!!