Sign in to follow this  
Citius Altius Fortius

125th Session - live chat

I do believe the bid CEO effed up his question regarding transport but the other gentleman did a very good job at supplementing the response and I think saved face on that question. Abe is a bit on the defensive over Fukushima, now trying to change the question, It's a bumbling response.

• Like 1

OMG, the story about the boy and the ball at the Fukushima issue, the blue ski, the children... very bad.

I think that he answered about the issue, saying that there is and wont be any problems in the future, the only possible way he could.

I dont know... could have been more radical to eliminate doubts

Nice touch of Mr. Abe to distract from the tough Fukushima issue with that (of course) emotional story of the boy who was given a "sucker ball" (according to the translator).

The little translation incident just sums up why the question system is so bias towards English speaking (first language) cities. It's all just so awkward and difficult. The whole procedure makes it difficult to sound like you're giving a well thought out and confident answer.

Im impressed at the Japanese language effort though, well done.

This is the first time I've watched one of these, but you so right.

So are they basically saying "We know Fukushima is a problem, but there's 7 years to go, the sea should have stopped glowing in the dark by then, & children will be able to play with their sucker balls again" :P

If Madrid gives a good presentation I think they'll take this. Both Istanbul and Tokyo failed at answering major concerns about their bids.Those answers were not persuasive.

THey seemed to create a story, abit Londonesque, rather than a tourism video. A good move.

Seemed to engage the members a bit more too.