Sign in to follow this  
Citius Altius Fortius

125th Session - live chat

Wow, they sound like people from my region talking English. "Deriber"...

They should've have given more time to the Princess, now THAT was very good French and perfect English.

indeed

That last speech made no sense. He said she would speak English but she is speaking in French....

I understood that he said "French". But difficult to say for sure, with that strong accent.

Having issues with the streaming link on the IOC website. What is everyone using?

rtve.es

It will let the antipodeans watch.

You just have to put up with a Spanish translation

Having issues with the streaming link on the IOC website. What is everyone using?

iPod touch, & it keeps giving me the play sign but when you click it, nothing happens grr. :angry:

I like how the Japanese are able to showcase their culture and the city much better than Istanbul. I think that their presentation could have been better but overall I agree that they are going a better job than Istanbul.... I dont know, what do you think? Im not able to conclude if they are doing a good job or not!

Friendliest taxi drivers yup you can measure that and it will help you win the Olympics :rolleyes:

Probably trying to say "you won't get mugged chez nous"

The seem to be over acting a bit to me. Very nice presentation still, better than I expected, but not so bombastic.

Koivu and Sabet are the only apparent IOC members not here.

I wonder why Koivu even became an IOC member when he never attends sessions.

Oh, "not a single Japanese Olympic and Paralympic athlete has failed drug testing". That is certainly no topic to boast about, especially not if the first Japanese doping case could occur any time.

They are highlighting that Japan has a clear and honourable sports culture where cheating is frowned upon and hard work and dedication are taught.

....and the most expensive games for tourists. <_<

I wouldn't go that far. Japan is no more expensive than travelling to LA, NYC or London.

I wonder why Koivu even became an IOC member when he never attends sessions.

I was thinking the same yesterday. His professional life clearly doesn't allow for him to attend these sessions. He's just taking up space.