125th Session - live chat

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I still call bullsh!t on it. Like I said, look at British handball, they were nowhere near top 18. Fasel voted for Pyeongchang, he has to deal with it.

Handball had no restriction I believe. The Korean men are or are better then were Italy was in 2003. The women's team isn't good enough. Hence the minimum seating for hockey

Handball had no restriction I believe. The Korean men are or are better then were Italy was in 2003. The women's team isn't good enough. Hence the minimum seating for hockey

Italy was 17th in 2003 and has had a ranking of no worse than 19th since the current rankings system was introduced in 2003. Italy also reached a high of 13th, have appeared in 9 Olympics. Korea has had a high ranking of 25 (current) and a low ranking of 33 and never appeared in the maintain tournament of the world championships nor the Olympics. But none of that matters, there has never been a minimum standard (there has also never been a Winter Olympics that have been hosted outside of a country that has appeared in the main tournament). Like I said Fasel voted for Korea, he has to live with Korea getting beat 40-0.

Italy was 17th in 2003 and has had a ranking of no worse than 19th since the current rankings system was introduced in 2003. Italy also reached a high of 13th, have appeared in 9 Olympics. Korea has had a high ranking of 25 (current) and a low ranking of 33 and never appeared in the maintain tournament of the world championships nor the Olympics. But none of that matters, there has never been a minimum standard (there has also never been a Winter Olympics that have been hosted outside of a country that has appeared in the main tournament). Like I said Fasel voted for Korea, he has to live with Korea getting beat 40-0.

Korea's ranking, while not far off from where their abilities lie, doesn't account for their non-participation in the 2010 Olympic qualification process. Once 2010 no longer matters next year, their ranking will show up around 22 or 23 after next year's Div 1 World Championships. Their actual abilities lie probably somewhere in between 21-24. Their historical low ranking of 33 only serves to show how they've improved in the last decade. Albeit with one import player used in the last year.

Fasel will continuously undercut Korea's abilities until 2016 or so, as a code to get them to continue working hard and not just assume an automatic place. But I don't see The IIHF denying Korea a spot in 2018 after all this improvement. If anything else, no automatic qualification will prevent growing the sport in Korea, which is why I presume Fasel would've voted for Korea over Germany in the first place.

Yeah like American Football :P

You missed the point.

There are plenty of very prestigious international golf tournaments already. They offer the winners big money, not medals. Those tournaments will always be held in higher esteem than the Olympic Games, therefore adding golf to the Olympic program serves no purpose. It's just another big tournament for a bunch of very wealthy players. It's pointless. Plus, the venue is very large and expensive, not to mention environmentally unfriendly due to heavy reliance on pesticides and other chemicals.

I'd much rather see squash.

Archived