125th Session - live chat

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lmfao

Busy having seizures.

A winter bid from Spain would make much more sense, though. I've said it all along. They'd have the "why" factor & it'd be cheaper to host. But I guess the stubbornness of the Castillian's keeps them from seeing the bigger picture.

**** off please.

I don't want to hear it from you. Your especially vicious attitude towards Madrid's bid for months and now calling "Castillians" stubborn like you even understand anything about Spain that you haven't parroted from some wikipedia article or another member is way too much for me right now.

Japan has now moved into sole possession of third place for the number of games hosted by each country list. Interesting: The top 8 countries on this list are all G8 nations.

Does the G8 still exist?

Wanna know something weird? Japan did an animated film long time ago called Akira, and strange enough, the story happens in Tokyo in 2019, after a Nuclear War, while they're preparing to host the 2020 olympics, and the final scenes happen exactly on the Olympic Stadium o_o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZg8uhhc7eo

Coincidence? Or prophetic?

Haven't heard anything alike, really.

I did and in Antena something television

Wanna know something weird? Japan did an animated film long time ago called Akira, and strange enough, the story happens in Tokyo in 2019, after a Nuclear War, while they're preparing to host the 2020 olympics, and the final scenes happen exactly on the Olympic Stadium o_o

Prophetic lol

Combined_disasters.jpg

**** off please.

I don't want to hear it from you. Your especially vicious attitude towards Madrid's bid for months and now calling "Castillians" stubborn like you even understand anything about Spain that you haven't parroted from some wikipedia article or another member is way too much for me right now.

Really? At least I never said that Madrid winning would be a "low point" in Olympic history like some other members here did. And if I seemed "vicious" it was bcuz your Spanish compatriots were the instigating, provocative ones to begin with.

Again, in comparison to some other member comments on here, mine were actually mild. But your posts here just further demonstrates the type of "vicious" attacks I had to endure from your Madrid friends bcuz I had a different opinion from them. Whatever. But if you're gonna be just as nasty, then go & f@ck yourself. I've had it with all the vile coming from your side of the fence & so glad that its over now. So buenas noches, "amigo"! :-P

Now a days G20 seems to be more relevant today than G8, indeed because Brazil, India and China should be part of the G8, but this is not relevant to be discussed in this thread

Good news for me, and I think also good news for the Olympic movement. In Tokyo's case, the Games are in safe and experienced hands. I wasn't sure, though, after today's presentations, whether Madrid would get the Games in the end. And boy, am I lucky that it didn't - even if I love Spain. But it would have been a wrong signal in these times of Euro crisis. And Istanbul, I suppose, botched it with the protests in Istanbul or rather the regime's (one should call it that way) reaction to them, the doping cases and then sealed its defeat today with an acceptable, but somehow lacklustre presentation. It would be an interesting host city, but it somehow fails to get the right momentum every time. It will be interesting to see whether they will dare a sixth bid that quickly - but I'm certain that they will do it some day.

There are only two things I wish from Tokyo: First, that their (rather fake) emotion shown today during the presentation won't be contradictory to the atmosphere at the Games themselves (the Japanese usually are rather shy and silent hosts), but that they will be warm and enthusiastic hosts for a change. And secondly, that they'll reconsider the design of that monstrosity of refurbished Olympic Stadium. ;)

Oh, and by the way: Now it should be sealed that as compensation for their Olympic defeat, Istanbul will stage the final matches of EURO 2020. The German Football Association had indicated already before today's host city election that they wouldn't bid with Munich for the final matches in such a case, but support Istanbul instead.

There are only two things I wish from Tokyo: First, that their (rather fake) emotion shown today during the presentation won't be contradictory to the atmosphere at the Games themselves (the Japanese usually are rather shy and silent hosts), but that they will be warm and enthusiastic hosts for a change. And secondly, that they'll reconsider the design of that monstrosity of refurbished Olympic Stadium. ;)

Oh, and by the way: Now it should be sealed that as compensation for their Olympic defeat, Istanbul will stage the final matches of EURO 2020. The German Football Association had indicated already before today's host city election that they wouldn't bid with Munich for the final matches in such a case, but support Istanbul instead.

Well, usually the designs of venues on the bids always differ to what we get in the end. And i'm sure the actual finished venue will look kinda more simple and realistic than the renders.

The test vote cities were Toronto, Rome, & Durban. :P

I wonder how prophetic that will be?

Who won that test vote, BTW?

Well, usually the designs of venues on the bids always differ to what we get in the end. And i'm sure the actual finished venue will look kinda more simple and realistic than the renders.

But in this case, it's being built anyway for the Rugby WC 2019. It as the chosen and approved final design, rather than a fanciful bid render.

I must be one of the few who doesn't mind it.

Combined_disasters.jpg

Oh, about this card:

It is from a game released in 1990, called "Illuminati", that some believe it contains keys to upcoming world events. It is said that this card is related to the Olympics, because of the five people wearing the colors of the Olympic Rings. Many believed that this card was about London 2012, because of the clock tower in the back, which would be the Big Ben. However, that tower looks a lot more like this one:

SkC3u.jpg

The Wako Clock, in Tokyo's Ginza district. Since nothing happened in London, since Japan is much more vulnerable to natural disasters, and since they are going to host the Olympics again, some speculate things could happen.

Here is a random card contained in that 1990 game:

Terrorist_nuke.jpg

Haha, I love some conspiracy theory!

A thought occurs to me.. not that anyone can blame Istanbul and Turkey for going after the 2020 Olympics, but how stupid do they feel now that they essentially told UEFA they weren't interested in Euro 2020 when they otherwise might have gotten it by default. Now they have neither.

It's the gamble they chose to make. But really it was the protests & the escalation on the other side of the Anatolian Plateau that most likely did them in.

The current escalation of the conflict in Syria was pretty much the fatal blow to Istambul hopes.

Oh, about this card:[/size]

It is from a game released in 1990, called "Illuminati", that some believe it contains keys to upcoming world events. It is said that this card is related to the Olympics, because of the five people wearing the colors of the Olympic Rings. Many believed that this card was about London 2012, because of the clock tower in the back, which would be the Big Ben. However, that tower looks a lot more like this one:[/size]SkC3u.jpg

The Wako Clock, in Tokyo's Ginza district. Since nothing happened in London, since Japan is much more vulnerable to natural disasters, and since they are going to host the Olympics again, some speculate things could happen.

Here is a random card contained in that 1990 game:[/size]Terrorist_nuke.jpg

I love them too

Oh, about this card:

It is from a game released in 1990, called "Illuminati", that some believe it contains keys to upcoming world events. It is said that this card is related to the Olympics, because of the five people wearing the colors of the Olympic Rings. Many believed that this card was about London 2012, because of the clock tower in the back, which would be the Big Ben. However, that tower looks a lot more like this one:

SkC3u.jpg

Don't worry ... the curse of the "M"s has been avoided.

Archived